Preseason game 3: Bills-Steelers Pre-game (and game thread)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last chance to show the coaching staff something of value? He's simply too weak at the POA in the run game and pretty soft in Pass Pro too. He'll be waived.

That's exactly what I was thinking. One last shot to show up against a 1st string NFL defense. I really hope that is the case. It would've been nice to see how Cyril would've held up, though.

Jesus its just a preseason game. We don't even have our starting o-line set and our two starting receivers weren't even playing for most of the time. We gave up two touchdowns and one was caused by our backup safety bumping our backup corner. Besides our red zone woes and some frustrating playcalling I've seen about what I've expected from the Bills today. EJ doesn't look like he'll be able to carry the team but he looked good enough that I think we can win with him.

Did I see thew half time numbers right? Did we have more total yards and time of possession? I just got a quick look (and I'm too lazy to find another source).

If it wasn't for the 80 yard touchdown the numbers would have been even more gaudy. And we still dint score a damn touchdown..... what gives

People saying how they play in these games doesn't matter have been saying that for 14 years now.

Exactly. It also stems from our Super Bowl teams in the 90's that didn't play well in the preseason. The starters always played well for those teams however, they just played very, very little. Do people think EJ is going to suddenly become accurate when the real season starts?

Even when the pass is complete, it seems like half the time the receiver isn't in a comfortable position to catch it and advance it further. Not sure why that will magically improve for a guy who has been playing qb for over 5 years.

People saying how they play in these games doesn't matter have been saying that for 14 years now.

You've got the wrong guy. I'm all for holding the team accountable and I'll lay into them when they deserve it. But melting down over a pre-season practice game isn't worth the energy that much emotion requires.

People also need to get over their hopes that Manuel is a finished product. He's started 10 real games and played in a handful of pre-season games yet people think he's going to look like a polished pro. The guy is going to struggle - and struggle a lot. It's up to the coaching staff to put him into positions where he can succeed. In pre-season games they're not looking to do that, they're looking to get work in.

As I said upstream, they will not have him chucking the ball around 27 times a half in the regular season. They won't be lining up in shotgun formations on 4th and 1. They'll protect him. But go ahead and get all depressed over some practice.

If people want something to be demoralized about it's not the QB - it's the D. That unit needs to carry the Bills this year along with a strong running game. It's what the entire organization is counting on. Nobody is counting on the QB to be the center piece of this team.