Sammy is sick!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah a first rd pick, no more, no less. Who knows how the future will play out, but right now it looks like a very positive move.

The real question is: what player could the Bills have taken with that pick?

For example: some drafts represent a great opportunity to take a QB. Other drafts, not so much so. The same is true of other positions. If the first round of next year's draft has a lot of great players at positions the Bills need, the price we paid will look higher than it does now.

I'm personally of the opinion that you're often better off having one great player than two good ones. Hopefully Watkins develops into that one great player. (Which he shows every sign of doing.) At the same time, we won't know the true price we paid for him until we get to see which players would have been available to take with our first round pick in next year's draft.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

Do you guys realize what we gave up for him?

Dude the guy is going to be a triple threat. Who cares how we got him.

What if the Pats* got him for 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders. Now that would be too much!! But they would be set at wr. The media would praise them bla bla bla.

We didnt give up that much and I'm glad that one of our division teams didnt get him.

This is cool. But come on man, it's a practice one on one thing against another rookie. I really like the guy and the trade etc, but until I see him get bumped at the line by a Brandon Browner or Revis and still get open and make a nice catch, I'm not ready to crown his ass yet. Even then, he's gotta consistently do it.

Dude the guy is going to be a triple threat. Who cares how we got him.

What if the Pats* got him for 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders. Now that would be too much!! But they would be set at wr. The media would praise them bla bla bla.

We didnt give up that much and I'm glad that one of our division teams didnt get him.

It would be a water fall of praise from the National media if Watkins was acquired by NE in your scenario with how he has looked so far in camp. All the talk would be how NE pulled another great move and who cares what they gave up; they now have Sammy Watkins on their roster.

Players like Watkins do not come around often. He is a game changer. If they don't make the move, they probably select Ebron at 9. I will take Sammy Watkins over Eric Ebron & whomever the Browns pick with our 1st next season. Watkins is a franchise player. Those players cost 2 1st round picks and a boat load of money (50+ million). The Bills have him locked up for 5 season at a very reasonable rate.

This is exactly it: he is likely to be a game changer. A difference maker.

He could single handedly turn a close defeat into a win. Having that guy on the field for your team is super valuable.

But you need a guy who can consistently get the ball to Sammy in order for Sammy to be great.

Therein lies the rub.