NFL Sunday Ticket from Tablet to Big Screen?

Virgil

I want to get rid of DirecTV because I only use it for NFL Sunday Ticket and I don't like their normal cable packages. With that, I have a way to get the Superfan pack by adding it to my family members. I don't want to watch the games on a tablet, pc, or phone.

Has anyone projected those media's onto their TV? I want it to look good. If you have the Superfan, is there an app on anything that lets you log in and watch it like with the ps3?

Gif you have an iPad you can use appletv to send it to the big screen or use a direct HDMI cable. However you are violating your family members agreement and if the game is on local at his/her location you won't get the game same with blackouts.

There is no restriction on watching from TV and online at the same time, however, you can only watch on one online device at a time.

I want to get rid of DirecTV because I only use it for NFL Sunday Ticket and I don't like their normal cable packages. With that, I have a way to get the Superfan pack by adding it to my family members. I don't want to watch the games on a tablet, pc, or phone.

Has anyone projected those media's onto their TV? I want it to look good. If you have the Superfan, is there an app on anything that lets you log in and watch it like with the ps3?

chrome cast?

Gif you have an iPad you can use appletv to send it to the big screen or use a direct HDMI cable. However you are violating your family members agreement and if the game is on local at his/her location you won't get the game same with blackouts.

Have you actually done this? How does it look?

I hooked up my laptop to my tv via hdmi..worked great

What kind of laptop do you have? I only ask because, usually when I do that, the laptop doesn't want to take up the whole screen

chrome cast?

Does it mirror your screen like that?

What kind of laptop do you have? I only ask because, usually when I do that, the laptop doesn't want to take up the whole screen

I'm not sure if it's the same as the NFL preseason package, but they have a very unusual full screen icon. Took me awhile to figure it out. I'm actually quite embarrassed to admit it.

I'm not sure if it's the same as the NFL preseason package, but they have a very unusual full screen icon. Took me awhile to figure it out. I'm actually quite embarrassed to admit it.

Don't be, I actually posted a question about how to do it before I figured it out, and was luckily able to delete the post:)

In past seasons the Sunday Ticket app supported AirPlay, so if that holds true it'll be easy to project to the big screen.

AirPlay works, but certain apps block it. DirecTV has historically blocked it. BUT, there are jailbreak solutions.

Personally, I just play it on my iMac and mirror to my AppleTV using AirPlay.

Other methods could include some of the above solutions. HDMI out from a computer (PC/Mac) directly to the TV. Chromecast is picking up support, but DirecTV would need to directly enable it I believe (or there might be a third party solution). There's also login capability on various game systems, and I think even Roku?

There's lots of solutions, but none of them are perfect, unfortunately.

My sisters husband has a chrome cast and it works great with his Ipad. Great picture quality when watching Youtube. I would assume it would be the same?

My sisters husband has a chrome cast and it works great with his Ipad. Great picture quality when watching Youtube. I would assume it would be the same?

The app would have to support ChromeCast... which is unlikely, due to "rules".

Chromecast costs $35 bucks and can stream video from your computer, tablet, and smart phone directly to your TV like it's meant to be there. I use it all the time to watch my A's and Sharks games out here in Massachusetts.

It only casts to the TV from the chrome browser. It also gets to the chromecast device via wireless tcpip. If your wireless has a lot of traffic and you are trying to watch HD content, forget about it. And if your iPad is getting the stream via wireless you can forget about HD content working either. I have one and it is ok, particularly for the price, but it is very limited. You are better off hooking your tablet up to the TV via HDMI ... much MUCH better off.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Here's what I've learned. Google Cast technically works, but it's laggy enough to not be enjoyable. I'm going to an AppleTv today and see how that works from my iPad.

Someone said that the Sunday Ticket App on your phone/tablet had a cast most, but others have refuted that.

I did connect my chromebook to my tv via HDMI and it was amazing. I couldn't believe it would stream 1080p like it did. For $300, that thing is an impressive machine. If all else fails, that will be my default.

I'll let you know how AppleTv works or if there is a Cast option for the DirecTv app when I get it going.

I have a very basic question - how will you get the ticket on your laptop anyway ? I do the same as you - activate DirecTV only for the NFL season. But the ticket is available online-only to places which are not reached by DirecTv satellite, a few universities and a couple of states (cant be totally sure). If you can get DirecTV via satellite, it is rather unlikely that you can subscribe to the online-only package.

A few years back when it was evident that the Bills were going to stink, I did not sign up for the Sunday Ticket and chose to watch via online sites. Experience was terrible - tough to get the feeds, very laggy and extremely grainy.

As for the general question of how do you stream, I use Chromecast and it has been working very very well with little to no lag. I can cast Youtube and Chrome browser from tablet or phone with no problems.

I have a very basic question - how will you get the ticket on your laptop anyway ? I do the same as you - activate DirecTV only for the NFL season. But the ticket is available online-only to places which are not reached by DirecTv satellite, a few universities and a couple of states (cant be totally sure). If you can get DirecTV via satellite, it is rather unlikely that you can subscribe to the online-only package.

A few years back when it was evident that the Bills were going to stink, I did not sign up for the Sunday Ticket and chose to watch via online sites. Experience was terrible - tough to get the feeds, very laggy and extremely grainy.

As for the general question of how do you stream, I use Chromecast and it has been working very very well with little to no lag. I can cast Youtube and Chrome browser from tablet or phone with no problems.

Youtube has very low bitrates. I suspect this directTV offering is of considerably higher quality (at least I would hope it is! ) Plus if the machine you are casting from is wired into your router and not on wifi it works much better even with higher quality streams. At least that has been my experience, and I have wireless N. The problem is due to the wireless being oversaturated with HD streams both coming into your PC/tablet via wireless then being sent over to the Chromecast also over wireless.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Here's what I've learned. Google Cast technically works, but it's laggy enough to not be enjoyable. I'm going to an AppleTv today and see how that works from my iPad.

Someone said that the Sunday Ticket App on your phone/tablet had a cast most, but others have refuted that.

I did connect my chromebook to my tv via HDMI and it was amazing. I couldn't believe it would stream 1080p like it did. For $300, that thing is an impressive machine. If all else fails, that will be my default.

I'll let you know how AppleTv works or if there is a Cast option for the DirecTv app when I get it going.

I can almost guarantee that the Sunday Ticket app will block AirPlay streaming (though mirroring might still work)

I can almost guarantee that the Sunday Ticket app will block AirPlay streaming (though mirroring might still work)

I've done AirPlay through my Apple TV the past 2 seasons, jailbreak style, but think I'm going to go to direct plugin this season. While AirPlay is the much easier option, because the iPad is streaming data and then the Apple TV is streaming data, the video tends to be behind.

And I know it's stupid, but that annoys me knowing it's behind. So just going to eliminate one of the streaming options. I look forward to the next version of Apple TV not using wifi to connect via AirPlay, hopefully Bluetooth.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I have a question for you guys, I had seen this earlier in the summer and being the guy I am, I waited to pull the trigger. So now, on the DTV page, you have to fill out a form for availability. If you're in a house that can receive DTV, you can't get the streamed version of the sunday ticket. Did any of you deal with that? Is there a back door or a magic word that will let me buy this still? Thanks,

To answer your question, how to get the online only version, that's easy lie alot!

There are three very simple basic questions they ask you. Do you currently get DTV? Can you get DTV? Have you ever had DTV at this address? As long as you answer no to all of them, you're fine. However you do need to give them a credit card and if the credit card has the same address as a former subscription had, they may figure out what's going on and not allow it. Do they really care, I'm not sure, maybe as long as you answer no, legally they are in the clear to give it to you. But it also may be they would care as they also can figure out they are losing a DTV subscription by allowing online only.

I believe it was 3 or 4 years ago, I went this route, answered no to all. The second question, could I get reception, well in my area at that time the locals were not in HD yet, so as far as I was concerned then the answer was no I couldn't get it. Was a newly built house so no former subscription was ever in use at this address. Did they care, maybe maybe not, was still money to them, and wasn't able to get any kind of deals either for online only paid the full price.

As far as the service was, it was OK. as the season went on the streaming got better. (I believe this was the first year they had the online version). There were limitations, you could watch four games at once, but not in full screen mode so were looking at four postage stamp sized screens. There were all the buttons supporting full DVR capabilities, but none of them worked at all. Maybe by now these things have improved??

To answer your question, how to get the online only version, that's easy lie alot!

There are three very simple basic questions they ask you. Do you currently get DTV? Can you get DTV? Have you ever had DTV at this address? As long as you answer no to all of them, you're fine. However you do need to give them a credit card and if the credit card has the same address as a former subscription had, they may figure out what's going on and not allow it. Do they really care, I'm not sure, maybe as long as you answer no, legally they are in the clear to give it to you. But it also may be they would care as they also can figure out they are losing a DTV subscription by allowing online only.

I believe it was 3 or 4 years ago, I went this route, answered no to all. The second question, could I get reception, well in my area at that time the locals were not in HD yet, so as far as I was concerned then the answer was no I couldn't get it. Was a newly built house so no former subscription was ever in use at this address. Did they care, maybe maybe not, was still money to them, and wasn't able to get any kind of deals either for online only paid the full price.

As far as the service was, it was OK. as the season went on the streaming got better. (I believe this was the first year they had the online version). There were limitations, you could watch four games at once, but not in full screen mode so were looking at four postage stamp sized screens. There were all the buttons supporting full DVR capabilities, but none of them worked at all. Maybe by now these things have improved??

You can probably just say you rent and you aren't allowed to put up a dish.

But if you have previously subscribed from that address you are probably screwed.

Maybe find someone who lives in an apartment and get it through them.

Yeah sounds like that's the problem this guys going to have.

I suppose he could always tell them, they just built a 20 story building on the southwest side of my house, honest! Take a picture of the Empire State Building, email it to them and say see here's proof!

You can probably just say you rent and you aren't allowed to put up a dish.

But if you have previously subscribed from that address you are probably screwed.

I'm doing it through their app right now (previews). I did it last year. Airplay icon pops up on the tablet and I select Apple TV.

Also, not jailbroken.

Edited by HurlyBurly51

I'm doing it through their app right now (previews). I did it last year. Airplay icon pops up on the tablet and I select Apple TV.

Also, not jailbroken.

Strange... it was blocked for me, but good to know!

Edit: Wait, are you streaming direct, or is it mirroring?

Edited by Dorkington

Your family member that has Sunday Ticket, has request ST to GO @ no charge. Best Buy has a Apple input that plugs into your IPAD. IT comes out with a power input & HDMI input. Put the power input into a electrical outlet . Put a HDMI cord from your IPAD into your TV HDMI input and it's done.

More help @ 561 234041 .............. Ron

Strange... it was blocked for me, but good to know!

Edit: Wait, are you streaming direct, or is it mirroring?

What is the distinction? I am using the app on the tablet and when it plays video I select Apple TV from the Airplay icon.

On my Mac I do stream direct and mirror for Preseason Live since that app doesn't support Airplay, if this is what you're asking.

My experience has been that the preseason live app on iOS devices blocked the video adapters or airplay. I have been able to use airplay to play the preseason games from my Mac to an Apple TV. I may try to connect my laptop directly to the tv for the next game.

Last year, I did the Madden 25/Sunday Ticket online deal and the Sunday ticket app seemed to play to the tv just fine. My best experience was using my iPhone 5s with a lightning to HDMI adapter.

This is what I've done, or will do. I got together with a kid from work who lives in an apartment, entered his address, and presto, I was eligible. If all else fails, I give him cash, use my email and get the login. Still hoping to get the company dtv account login, for free, I need to keep crying poor to my boss, maybe I'll get a raise too!

My experience has been that the preseason live app on iOS devices blocked the video adapters or airplay. I have been able to use airplay to play the preseason games from my Mac to an Apple TV. I may try to connect my laptop directly to the tv for the next game.

I'm directly connected from laptop to TV tonight with HDMI and that has been the best experience for me so far with Preseason Live. Tonight was a trial run and I'll be using that for tomorrows Steelers game.