Where did this DT Cohen come from

Dude needs to get some snaps with the starters before anyone gets too excited. Still better to play good against the B team than to stink against them.

True, it would be good to measure him against first string OLs. But his reaction time off the ball isn't related to who's lined up against him. Post snap, by all means; it's a whole different game vs. better players. But if there is a quicker guy off the ball on our team, I'd like to know who that is.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says the man with the yellow squirt gun pasting JBJ's face.

So you're saying making a joke about pissing on Bon Jovi is the equivalent of making a joke about someone who committed suicide less than 24 hours ago and who was loved and admired by millions of people? Sorry I don't see the correlation, but I am changing my avatar immediately since you find it so offensive.

So you're saying making a joke about pissing on Bon Jovi is the equivalent of making a joke about someone who committed suicide less than 24 hours ago and who was loved and admired by millions of people? Sorry I don't see the correlation, but I am changing my avatar immediately since you find it so offensive.

What joke was made that made fun of Robin William's suicide?

So you didn't see this post? "I heard he came from the planet Ork. Too soon?"

What part of that post makes fun of Robin Williams' suicide? Had he not written "Too Soon" that post would look like any number of homages to the late actor. Is "Too Soon?" offensive?

Yep. The Bills started calling Robey in the fifth round, saying they were thinking of drafting him. Henderson kept calling him and basically won him over. That's why he signed with the Bills after it was over; he thought they showed the most interest and he would have the best opportunity. I heard him talk about it on GR in the offseason. Henderson really did a great job of recruiting.

Henderson seems to be a great coach. The Players love him. We got good results last year (outside of Justin Rogers who to me has always sucked). Pettine really wanted him and Marrone/Whaley wouldn't let the Browns talk to him. Probably helped Aaron Williams tremendously.

This is one of my favorite pieces of this team. Don't forget McKelvin and Searcy improvement.

good post Kelly . Pleased to find out Bills recognized his talent and the pursued him.

So now the Bills recognize talent and then actually develop it ?

And its not just players .

What part of that post makes fun of Robin Williams' suicide? Had he not written "Too Soon" that post would look like any number of homages to the late actor. Is "Too Soon?" offensive?

C'mon man if you can't see how referencing Mork from Ork, not in tribute, but in a mocking manner on the very day the man died is offensive, then it is pointless to have this conversation. It was in poor taste and I think deep down the OP knows it.

I'm offended that Jauronimo is offended that xsoldier54 is offended.

I'm offended that you're offended that you think Jauronimo is offended because I am offended. Your move. Edited by xsoldier54

I would not compare the rest of the world to the Character of this board Jauronimo .

I might guess the idea behind respecting Robin Williams unfortunate end of life is that with anyone, a moment or period of silence is to be expected . a thoughtful time for retrospection .

"Too soon" was the question. at that point some of Us said yes . maybe thats the deal

Edited by 3rdand12

C'mon man if you can't see how referencing Mork from Ork, not in tribute, but in a mocking manner on the very day the man died is offensive, then it is pointless to have this conversation. Is was in poor taste and I think deep down the OP knows it.

What part of it is mocking? Mockery simply isn't contained in what is written. If he meant to mock, he failed.

If anyone could have appreciated gallows humor and making immediate inappropriate wisecracks after tragic events it was Robin Williams. Ain't too soon. It's over. It's tragic. Some people make jokes. He would be the last person to be offended by jokes at his expense.

Unless they are just bad jokes.

Poor guy. RIP. Troubled soul. But jokes are fair, IMO.

I would not compare the rest of the world to the Character of this board Jauronimo .

I might guess the idea behind respecting Robin Williams unfortunate end of life is that , with anyone a moment, or period of silence is to be expected . a thoughtful time for retrospection .

"Too soon" was the question. at that point some of Us said yes . maybe thats the deal

Social media is dominated with mawkish tributes to the man. ABC was airing a live feed of his house. If there was a time that was too soon to make a passing reference to the deceased it was officially declared over well before this afternoon. Typing "Ork" may have been meant in mockery and its still less worthy of outrage than half of the earnest attempts I've seen to honor the man.

Dude needs to get some snaps with the starters before anyone gets too excited. Still better to play good against the B team than to stink against them.

I don't think anyone here sees Cohen as a starter, but if he can be a good back-up player, which he has shown to do, then he deserves a real chance to make the team.

Social media is dominated with mawkish tributes to the man. ABC was airing a live feed of his house. If there was a time that was too soon to make a passing reference to the deceased it was officially declared over well before this afternoon. Typing "Ork" may have been meant in mockery and its still less worthy of outrage than half of the earnest attempts I've seen to honor the man.

I dont think any harm was meant here abouts . what the rest of the world does may not matter as much to me though.

RIP Robin

a master of his craft .

watch "waiting for Godo " or Fisher King even.

I don't think anyone here sees Cohen as a starter, but if he can be a good back-up player, which he has shown to do, then he deserves a real chance to make the team.

And with Branch not taking the Game very seriously......

True, it would be good to measure him against first string OLs. But his reaction time off the ball isn't related to who's lined up against him. Post snap, by all means; it's a whole different game vs. better players. But if there is a quicker guy off the ball on our team, I'd like to know who that is.

GO BILLS!!!

Kyle Williams. He has tremendous burst off the snap.

Yes.

I was thinking maybe from the Queen of Sheba.

didn't Edwards play for a long time on some other team?

the ravens, and i think he is still on the panthers. up until like week 6 last year he lead the league in sacks actually

Well I happen to be one of them and I found your post to be in very poor taste. I'm quite sure that plenty of others on this thread loved Robin Williams and he brought them many moments of brilliance and enjoyment. Poor taste is poor taste, regardless of who sees or hears it.

I find your post to be sanctimonious bull ****. Dude made an innocuous reference, and as soon as he did I knew a self-righteous !@#$ or 2 would chime in with their moral outrage. Plus, did you know the man? Did y'all hang out? Or did you just like characters he played on TV? Do yourself a favor and grow up.

Not really, I find it juvenile and offensive.And about the least funny thing

I ever read here. Well if that was even meant to be funny.

I like grits with ham and cheese.

Edited by Rob's House

I find your post to be sanctimonious bull ****. Dude made an innocuous reference, and as soon as he did I knew a self-righteous !@#$ or 2 would chime in with their moral outrage. Plus, did you know the man? Did y'all hang out? Or did you just like characters he played on TV? Do yourself a favor and grow up.

And I knew as soon as I called him out that there would be people like you that would defend him. Do you know me? Have we hung out? Do yourself a favor and keep your judgemental bull **** to yourself. I stated my opinion, which is my right. I think the OP was offensive and I am not the only one.

Ouch

And I knew as soon as I called him out that there would be people like you that would defend him. Do you know me? Have we hung out? Do yourself a favor and keep your judgemental bull **** to yourself. I stated my opinion, which is my right. I think the OP was offensive and I am not the only one.

I won't vilify your opinion. Fine. And you're welcome to feel however you like about me, seeing as how we've never met and you have limited, now compromised context to judge me. I personally welcome judging, I think we all do it, we SHOULD do it and it shouldn't be frowned upon.

That said, I'm wildly curious as to how GG's demonstrably gallowsesque quip sits with you!

I won't vilify your opinion. Fine. And you're welcome to feel however you like about me, seeing as how we've never met and you have limited, now compromised context to judge me. I personally welcome judging, I think we all do it, we SHOULD do it and it shouldn't be frowned upon.

That said, I'm wildly curious as to how GG's demonstrably gallowsesque quip sits with you!

I don't think you're curious at all. I think you are just waiting for me to comment on it so you can disagree with me. You have your opinion, I have mine and we disagree. That is just fine with me. Have a nice day.

I don't think you're curious at all. I think you are just waiting for me to comment on it so you can disagree with me. You have your opinion, I have mine and we disagree. That is just fine with me. Have a nice day.

I think I was pretty clear about respecting your right to be offended. I suppose I was just hoping your offend-o-meter had an '11' setting if what I said set you off.

Rob......it was in poor taste. I know that a lot of posters around here wont come off a stance when they made it but..........

That said.....on with the day

Does it really need to be Jauronimo? It isnt that hard to figure out.

What part of "Ork" do you find offensive? Or are you offended by "Too soon"?

HINT: Just because many of you need to feel outraged (I've got theories on why) doesn't mean anything offensive was said or otherwise implied. So unless you can explain it, I'm going to lump you among those that are compelled to give yourself a little pat on the back.

Does it really need to be Jauronimo? It isnt that hard to figure out.

Well, in defense of the offended, the question 'too soon' was a bit of an instigator as if to suggest anything shy of a fawning memorial should be considered poor taste.

I have feeling that an omission of those two words would have resulted in no response, whatsoever.

Well, in defense of the offended, the question 'too soon' was a bit of an instigator as if to suggest anything shy of a fawning memorial should be considered poor taste.

I have feeling that an omission of those two words would have resulted in no response, whatsoever.

Exactly. So as I've theorized "too soon" is offensive to some.

They didn't react to what was actually written. They saw "too soon" and jumped at the chance to be better than someone on the grounds of the virtue of outrage.

You could have written "Stand on the desk and give me a barbaric yawp! Am I going to hell for this?" and they would reacted the same way.

Edited by Jauronimo

What part of "Ork" do you find offensive? Or are you offended by "Too soon"?

HINT: Just because many of you need to feel outraged (I've got theories on why) doesn't mean anything offensive was said or otherwise implied. So unless you can explain it, I'm going to lump you among those that are compelled to give yourself a little pat on the back.

Fine....just for you I will say it......the add in of "too soon" I find offensive...THAT is what makes it in poor taste for me. The fact that even needs to be added into the comment is a big thumbs down.

Not really looking to hold it against the poster....just giving my opionion on it. And like I said also not looking to drag it out.....today is a new day....it was said....opinions were given....time to move on

Fine....just for you I will say it......the add in of "too soon" I find offensive...THAT is what makes it in poor taste for me. The fact that even needs to be added into the comment is a big thumbs down.

Not really looking to hold it against the poster....just giving my opionion on it. And like I said also not looking to drag it out.....today is a new day....it was said....opinions were given....time to move on

Wow. Confirmed.

What about "too soon" offends you? How about "too late", does that offend? Or "How soon is soon enough?" or "Too soon" or "Too, soon." or "Too soon!" or "chair" or "big floppy donkey dick"?

Wow. Confirmed.

What about "too soon" offends you? How about "too late", does that offend? Or "How soon is soon enough?" or "Too soon" or "Too, soon." or "Too soon!" or "chair" or "big floppy donkey dick"?

Wow. Confirmed.

Did you not hear what I just said.....I like you Jauronimo but stop I said I didnt want to drag it out.

Edited by John from Hemet

Did you not hear what I just said.....I like you Jauronimo but stop I said I didnt want to drag it out.

Lets try this again.

Benign statement: Boiled noodles, fried with pickle juice.

Followed by: Too soon?

Does that offend you? Why would it ever be too soon for a harmless statement? In the case that it somehow was too soon for an innocuous statement, would an innocuous statement be outrageous?

Edited by Jauronimo