Where did this DT Cohen come from

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he filled in for Dareus at the end of last yr when he was benched for lateness. Not bad.

I wasn't very impressed. Maybe I am just spoiled with seeing one of the best tandems of DT's around.

He doesn't fit the MO of what the defense has been trying to accomplish, though. That is why I am not impressed nor really all that interested in him filling that position. He seems more of a Dwan Edwards type, able to fill in and play adequate at filling up space, not being pushed around, and getting pressure. In other words, he seems vanilla on an electric raspberry squad.

Of course, vanilla isn't always bad. Especially when it is Blue Bell.

Stefan Charles is the Kevin Elliot/Chris Hogan of the DL.

All practice all preseason all star.

Charles played well to very well last year when he was in the game!

In the regular season.

Edited by Manther

In the regular season.

see

I wasn't very impressed. Maybe I am just spoiled with seeing one of the best tandems of DT's around.

He doesn't fit the MO of what the defense has been trying to accomplish, though. That is why I am not impressed nor really all that interested in him filling that position. He seems more of a Dwan Edwards type, able to fill in and play adequate at filling up space, not being pushed around, and getting pressure. In other words, he seems vanilla on an electric raspberry squad.

I posted something awhile back about it being strange that our new DC hadn't brought a single player in from his former team(s). Lots of examples, Wade and Teddy Washington is my favorite one, but there is something about coaches that have seen guys play firsthand vs front office/scout type guys. I think Marrone is at least partly responsible for Robey and Mike Williams.

Its good to know Schwartz had some input on at least one defensive player, who appears to be on track to make the team and possibly an impact, this year. The guy looks like a man among boys out there, standing out almost every play. I know it's against bubble O linemen with simplistic blocking schemes but he bursts and pursues like Kyle out there. I see why Schwartz likes the dude.

If nothing else that's the kind of guy that can play goal line and short yardage packages and be there for depth if needed. Nice surprise.

I heard he came from the planet Ork.

Too soon?

Yes.

I was thinking maybe from the Queen of Sheba.

didn't Edwards play for a long time on some other team?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I thought of it regarding talent, not size.

I saw that .

In the regular season.

He was being spoken of by Coach i recall. and didn't he actually get some stats ?

Jboyst62 , we are all spoiled rotten by those two MD and KW

Edited by 3rdand12

Yes.

I was thinking maybe from the Queen of Sheba.

didn't Edwards play for a long time on some other team?

Dwan currently plays for Carolina. I swear they mentioned his name when they played us last weekend.

see

Good thing this thread is about Cohen and not Stephan Charles. :-D

Fortunately they're unlikely to be perusing this thread so I think we're ok.

Fortunately they're unlikely to be perusing this thread so I think we're ok.

Well I happen to be one of them and I found your post to be in very poor taste. I'm quite sure that plenty of others on this thread loved Robin Williams and he brought them many moments of brilliance and enjoyment. Poor taste is poor taste, regardless of who sees or hears it.

What is the connection here? Before last year, Marrone and Robey had nothing to do with eachother.

Marrone played Robey twice when he was HC at Syracuse and he was at USC. He indicated that he was interested in him, had Donnie Henderson basically "recruit" him during the draft to get him to sign with us if he went undrafted, and he did.

Marrone played Robey twice when he was HC at Syracuse and he was at USC. He indicated that he was interested in him, had Donnie Henderson basically "recruit" him during the draft to get him to sign with us if he went undrafted, and he did.

Yep. The Bills started calling Robey in the fifth round, saying they were thinking of drafting him. Henderson kept calling him and basically won him over. That's why he signed with the Bills after it was over; he thought they showed the most interest and he would have the best opportunity. I heard him talk about it on GR in the offseason. Henderson really did a great job of recruiting.

Henderson seems to be a great coach. The Players love him. We got good results last year (outside of Justin Rogers who to me has always sucked). Pettine really wanted him and Marrone/Whaley wouldn't let the Browns talk to him. Probably helped Aaron Williams tremendously.