Chicago Media- Bills are an Easy Win

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to local Chicago sports radio and most are calling the Bills an "easy win" for the Bears in the season opener.

It's that same old media bias against the Bills and it kind of stings a little hearing it first hand especially since the Bears were 8-8 last year.

How I would love for the Bills to prove them wrong in a big way!

its no different than a lot of folks here chalking up "easy wins"

on their schedule, we are probably one of the teams that they should be pointing to as an opportunity to pick up a W

will that happen, who knows -- but i dont think they are crazy when they chalk up Ws and Ls that theyd put us as a W most of the time

It's all about EJ if he comes out & shows inconsistency , bad reads & accuracy problems as we have seen then it will be a tight game but if he can prove that he is the guy those that made him a first round pick thought he could be then the game is a Bills win no problem because our D is gonna show up !!

Hey Yolo, go grab Sal's tweets about Cutler's 1st 5 games vs. Schwartz and his last 5 vs. Schwartz. Eye-opening.

Sal Capaccio@SalSports 15m

Jay Cutler's 1st 5 games vs Jim Schwartz' Lions: 68.7%; 254 yds avg; 10 TD/1 INT. Last 5 games vs Schwartz: 54.1%; 219 yds; 5 TD/4 INT. WOW

Sal Capaccio@SalSports 22m

Those are some huge differentials. And they are consistent. Cutler had monster games his first 5 vs Schwartz, then couldn't do much at all

Sal Capaccio @SalSports · 58m

Jay Cutler's QBR of 75.0 against 4 or fewer rushers was 6th best in NFL last season, but against extra pressure, was 57.1, 16th-best in NFL.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Sal Capaccio@SalSports 15m

Jay Cutler's 1st 5 games vs Jim Schwartz' Lions: 68.7%; 254 yds avg; 10 TD/1 INT. Last 5 games vs Schwartz: 54.1%; 219 yds; 5 TD/4 INT. WOW

Sal Capaccio@SalSports 22m

Those are some huge differentials. And they are consistent. Cutler had monster games his first 5 vs Schwartz, then couldn't do much at all

Sal Capaccio @SalSports · 58m

Jay Cutler's QBR of 75.0 against 4 or fewer rushers was 6th best in NFL last season, but against extra pressure, was 57.1, 16th-best in NFL.

its an interesting dynamic. especially since schwartz used extra rushers at one of the lowest rates in the nfl. id be curious if hes watched the games, or dug deeper to see if there was anything noteworthy that would cause a swing like that. Are the 5 games consistently good, then consistently bad? Or are a few good early and a couple bad late skewing the small samples?

Watching this bears replay....and I just don't see how we win....there offense is sick.....not ruling it out but I'd be happy with a competitive game....an NFC loss wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...just have to get to cutler if we want a chance at this game...but I guess you could say that about any game.

As a Rochester Transplant living in Chicago, I made a wager with my Senior Pastor (and Bears fan...and boss) about this game. I am an Associate Pastor at Harvest Bible Chapel Palos. And I believe in the Bills.

IF the Bears win, I must take to YouTube singing Bear Down Chicago Bears

IF (WHEN!) the Bills shock the world and take game 1, my pastor must take to YouTube and sing SHOUT.

What should I add to this wager?

As a Rochester Transplant living in Chicago, I made a wager with my Senior Pastor (and Bears fan...and boss) about this game. I am an Associate Pastor at Harvest Bible Chapel Palos. And I believe in the Bills.

IF (WHEN!) the Bills shock the world and take game 1, my pastor must take to YouTube and sing SHOUT.

Loser must declare to the congregation in church service that "God is clearly a [winning team's] fan"?

No fire? no brimstone? Can you make him wear a Bills robe to his next service?

Watching this bears replay....and I just don't see how we win....there offense is sick.....not ruling it out but I'd be happy with a competitive game....an NFC loss wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...just have to get to cutler if we want a chance at this game...but I guess you could say that about any game.

A preaseason game vs. a vanilla D? I agree their offense one of the better ones in the league, personnel wise. But don't go by what you see in preseason. Cutler won 5 games last year. The offense looked best with McCown, who is gone. Cutler has talent, but he has a long way to go to prove he is a "winner." Making the playoffs more than once in eight seasons would be a start. He needs to stay healthy or they are toast considering his backup is Jimmy Claussen.

LOL! Everyone giving Cutler a tongue bath should read this. The same people saying the Bills have done nothing act like Cutler is a god.

Well, I suspect most Bills fans would have enjoyed going to the playoffs once in the past 8 years. Or 14 for that matter.

We were 6-10, that's reality. We should be underdogs in just about every game we play. That's fine by me, let everyone overlook us. By my estimation that would take some national media pressure off EJ and we can be a silent assassin out of the AFC east. BTW just watched some B.S. bleacher report clip from 3 jokers who haven't even watched our preseason games... 4-12 predictions... EJ looks terrible... if you want to get angry at a bunch of pretend journalists then watch that (site will not allow link, sorry) :censored:

Edited by SJDK

Well, I suspect most Bills fans would have enjoyed going to the playoffs once in the past 8 years. Or 14 for that matter.

Considering that Cutler was pick #11, would you be happy seven years from now if all that EJ would have done is taken the Bills to the playoffs once ?

Edited by Fan in Chicago