I'm officially allowing myself to be excited about Mike Williams

YoloinOhio

From Joe B's practice notes linked in the TC thread:

Mike Williams: EJs new best friend?

- When in doubt, throw it up to Mike Williams. That seems to be part of EJ Manuel’s reasoning over the past couple of weeks. Williams has really stepped up his game over the past two weeks and is proving to be quite the dependable target for Manuel when they need some yards in a tough spot. Once again, Sunday showed off the wide receiver’s red zone abilities. He uses his basketball background to rise up and meet the ball at it’s highest point, and also has the penchant for getting both feet down. He did that in the end zone, where Manuel got him the ball in the tightest of spaces for him to get his feet down. He did, and it was a touchdown. The role for Williams could be even bigger than originally thought when they acquired him.

Like he said...

Just throw it to the clouds, bro.

@CaveManMike19: Bills fans are amazing.......... i LOVE BUFFALO

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think this may be at least part of the reason EJ and Woods are not seeing a lot of time together in preseason. EJ instinctively looks for Woods and needs to learn to look around. I'm not knocking Hogan or pushing Woods. I just think it's got a lot to do with EJ and his development.

I see high impact without big numbers coming.

If the Bills are going to be a run-first offense (which I firmly believe) then Watkins, Woods, and Williams, are not all going to have big numbers. I look at Seattle's top receivers last year:

Tate - 64 catches (WR)

Baldwin - 50 catches (WR)

Marshawn Lynch - 36 catches

Zach Miller - 33 catches

Seattle only threw the ball 420 times, but I don't think the Bills will throw it more than 480-500. Watkins will get a lot of targets. Chandler and the RBs are still going to get a lot of check downs.

One of the big tests for Mike Williams will be whether he can be happy and productive with only a few targets per game.

I see high impact without big numbers coming.

If the Bills are going to be a run-first offense (which I firmly believe) then Watkins, Woods, and Williams, are not all going to have big numbers. I look at Seattle's top receivers last year:

Tate - 64 catches (WR)

Baldwin - 50 catches (WR)

Marshawn Lynch - 36 catches

Zach Miller - 33 catches

Seattle only threw the ball 420 times, but I don't think the Bills will throw it more than 480-500. Watkins will get a lot of targets. Chandler and the RBs are still going to get a lot of check downs.

One of the big tests for Mike Williams will be whether he can be happy and productive with only a few targets per game.

That will be offset by the hurry up offense. If we are making some first downs, there are going to be a LOT of plays this team runs over the course of a game, especially if we have a decent defense.

That said, I agree that individuals will not put up huge numbers because we will spread it around.

Yolo good for you, but you shouldn't have to allow yourself to be excited. It should be a natural reaction.....no? B-)

when we traded for him a lot of people referred to him as a wild card, we don't know what we will get out of him, he'll probably just get In more trouble now that he's back home, etc. Then came the reports from Rodak that got picked up all over the media that he was in danger of being cut because of his lack of reps (later to find out he was just being eased in because of last year's injury). I was trying not to expect much. But I now expect him to really help this team. I'm excited! Edited by YoloinOhio

He really make me think.. "Stevie who?" No offense but the guy can run a standard route and get open rather than having to juke his way there. It's gotta be a little easier on the QB in regards to timing and being able to go through his progressions. With a young, raw QB, it's only going to help. He may be the best move of the off season when it's all said and done.

Edited by Joe Buffalo

He really make me think.. "Stevie who?" No offense but the guy can run a standard route and get open rather than having to juke his way there. It's gotta be a little easier on the QB in regards to timing and being able to go through his progressions. With a young, raw QB, it's only going to help. He may be the best FA move of the off season when it's all said and done.

Except that he wasn't an FA but still seems like a great thing.

Yeah..been saying it for a while, Mike Williams was, perhaps, the best lineup addition the Bills made this off-season, and they have made a few. I think he is the most physical receiver the Bills have had since Eric Moulds was in his prime.

Just another player on the long list of all-pros that the Bills field this year. Looks like he could dominate at times, just like half our roster it seems. Gonna be difficult to spread the ball around to all these guys to try'n keep 'em happy.

EJ will throw 6000 yards and 50 TD's. They'll all be happy then.

Almost everyone is happy when they win no matter the number of touches. If they are winning and a guy is complaining he won't be looked up favorably. If they are losing and he is complaining, then how he is viewed in the locker room and in public depends on if he has any talent or not.

His ability to leap and high point the ball is darned impressive, but it's his strength that impresses me most so far. Not too many wr's in the NFL have the hands and strength of Mike Williams.

I've been following him since I picked him up in fantasy a couple years ago. I was ecstatic when we trading a meager 6th rounder for him. I think he'll have a great year this year.

Same here, put up some great yardage and TDs seasons, I dont think we miss Stevie at all. With Wood a no.3, we have a really nice receiving core.