Bills fans are drunkest in NFL

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're #1!

We're #1!

See? We deserve a new stadium!

Maybe it could be specifically designed to handle a stadium full of drunks.

Instead of free t-shirt day, they could have a free (puke) bucket day! :sick:

Let's go Buffalo!

Drainage troughs running in every row for convenient urination and vomit runoff. An aqueduct for bodily fluids if you will. Its brilliant.

Was it this bad during the early 90's when we were good?

I seem to recall there were a lot more fist-fights back then. Seems as though the number of fist fights has decreased in recent years.

As far as I can recall about the drinking back then, it was pretty much the same as now...except now I see more out of control youngsters in the parking lot....like teenagers-early 20's hammered beyond reason...

I like to party before games as much as anyone, but I still can't comprehend why someone would get so ishfaced that they couldn't remember the game the next day. (And I know people who've admitted to that.)

Why spend all that money and then be oblivious to what is happening on the field? You might as well stay home, drink a fifth of cheap liquor, and pass out there. It's alot less expensive.

Happened to me once. Wasn't intentional and I regretted it ever since

The Ralph is a college atmosphere with the problem being that most of those in attendance are hardly of college age. When you are 40 or 50 and try to drink like you are 20 or 30 bad things happen.

I dunno. I've been drinking like this for 40 years and I feel like I'm just scratching the surface of the possibilities.

I seem to recall there were a lot more fist-fights back then. Seems as though the number of fist fights has decreased in recent years.

As far as I can recall about the drinking back then, it was pretty much the same as now...except now I see more out of control youngsters in the parking lot....like teenagers-early 20's hammered beyond reason...

I have mostly the same recollection. However I don't remember seeing many fights then either.

I remember being drunk, standing atop my seat in the stadium, in Jacksonville when TO scored that 99yard TD.

We lost.

I was verbally destroyed by a ten year old girl right after we lost. Her father had a look on his face like I was going to do something......... But........she was right. Lol

I remember being drunk, standing atop my seat in the stadium, in Jacksonville when TO scored that 99yard TD.

We lost.

I was verbally destroyed by a ten year old girl right after we lost. Her father had a look on his face like I was going to do something......... But........she was right. Lol

Reminds me of a similar experience. I was at a Sabres game with my about 10 year old son against the Habs in Buffalo. 4 or 5 drunk early 20's Habs fans right in front of us. Kerry Price was in goal for the Habs and every time he made a save, one of them would yell "The Price is right!". Late in the third or OT the Sabres scored the game winner. My son leaned forward and yelled "The price is WRONG!". The kid turned around with a smile as did his buddies and it was fine and everyone around us had a laugh. But man, when there is a lot of alcohol involved situations like that can get ugly very quickly. Not something I'd want my kid to be in the middle of.

I dunno. I've been drinking like this for 40 years and I feel like I'm just scratching the surface of the possibilities.

:worthy: :worthy: :lol: :lol:

I certainly binge a lot less now than I did then. But then again, my drinking stamina is way better today than it was when I was young I've learned to pace myself...sort of. I have been one of those guys who didn't remember what happened at the game the next day. But it's been a long time since I've been that drunk.

IMO, I don't care if you are drunk or sober. I care how you act. Some people act like idiots when they drink (Instant Idiot! Just add alcohol!). Some area idiots when they are sober. I don't want to be around idiots, drunk or sober. If you are a fun drunk, drink away I say.

IMO, I don't care if you are drunk or sober. I care how you act. Some people act like idiots when they drink (Instant Idiot! Just add alcohol!). Some area idiots when they are sober. I don't want to be around idiots, drunk or sober. If you are a fun drunk, drink away I say.

In general I agree with this completely. However, it is my experience that you find far fewer fun drunks than idiots at sporting events.

I think it's the predominantly male environment and the testosterone added in that does it.

In general I agree with this completely. However, it is my experience that you find far fewer fun drunks than idiots at sporting events.

I think it's the predominantly male environment and the testosterone added in that does it.

Well that's possible I guess, but I just think the idiots make themselves known. It's easy to spot an idiot drunk. i was a bartender for many years and I'd say the drunken idiots are the minority in general. But it's easy to see how you might think there are more of them, as they make a lot of trouble. I suppose we might conclude that the people not behaving badly simply aren't as drunk as those who are. But I'm betting a blood alcohol test would support that many of the non-idiots are in fact pretty freaking drunk,

Well that's possible I guess, but I just think the idiots make themselves known. It's easy to spot an idiot drunk. i was a bartender for many years and I'd say the drunken idiots are the minority in general. But it's easy to see how you might think there are more of them, as they make a lot of trouble. I suppose we might conclude that the people not behaving badly simply aren't as drunk as those who are. But I'm betting a blood alcohol test would support that many of the non-idiots are in fact pretty freaking drunk,

yep.

Coming from someone who is normally a good drunk......even good drunks have bad days. Maybe good bartenders should be hired to the gates, to stop "over served" individuals.

My father wouldn't let me go to a Bills game till I was 17 for this very reason. When I finally went, I understood why. I assumed this was the whole of the NFL untill I moved here to Houston, and I didn't see any obnoxiously drunk Texans fans. The way we treat out of town fans is terrible. I went to New Orleans, and their fans were downright friendly to the out of town Bills fans.

My father wouldn't let me go to a Bills game till I was 17 for this very reason. When I finally went, I understood why. I assumed this was the whole of the NFL untill I moved here to Houston, and I didn't see any obnoxiously drunk Texans fans. The way we treat out of town fans is terrible. I went to New Orleans, and their fans were downright friendly to the out of town Bills fans.

As it should be. It's a freaking game. Meant to be fun for all. Some idiots seem to think it's more than that and it is some kind of moral obligation to get hammered and harass anyone, women and children included, for being a fan of the opposing team. Embarrassing.

As it should be. It's a freaking game. Meant to be fun for all. Some idiots seem to think it's more than that and it is some kind of moral obligation to get hammered and harass anyone, women and children included, for being a fan of the opposing team. Embarrassing.

I was going to the Rockpile when I was 7. Loved it. Drunks and all. My father did not, so I typically went with my uncles or family friends.

Depends on who the out of town fans are...Pat* fans are extremely obnoxious so they deserve to get vomited on. Also it is part of our heritage to hate on 'Phins and Jets fans...

IIRC back in the 90s there was always a fight breaking out with Steelers & Raiders fans. This happened whether or not we were playing either of those teams....

So... :beer: drink up!