What about Henderson now?

as far as henderson goes, right now it seems there is no choice but to keep him at LT while glenn gets back into playing shape. after that, if he keeps working hard and stays clean, just play him all over along the line and find a home for him. if he truly is what we are all hoping for, he will find a spot in the starting lineup. and if he is not ready, he looks like good depth. no real problems here, just a nice asset.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In comparison to each other.

True. I'm just messing with you. Marrone said something interesting last week. Not sure if it was heartfelt, or true, or just trying to give Cyrus some good press when he isnt getting any... but he basically said that he is doing well in the run game, and doing well in the pass blocking when he can set his feet... but right now he is having some technique issues very common for a rookie, and that as soon as it breaks down, like against a speed rusher, it all collapses quickly and he cannot recover. But as soon as he starts to do this by rote, and doesn't have to think so much, and is more comfortable with the technique and the speed, he will be fine.

Again, that could just be covering for him, or it could be that he never gets it down. But it makes a lot of logical sense, and it explains why he looks so bad sometimes lunging. We need the lightbulb to come on quick though, or we may have to wait until next season for it.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I'm going out on a limb here but I think Henderson will be this years Kiko.

aint nuthin wrong with that.

Except.

You never want to notice a Tackle.

Like Cordy Glenn. Quiet as a church mouse , suggests he is getting it done .

as far as henderson goes, right now it seems there is no choice but to keep him at LT while glenn gets back into playing shape. after that, if he keeps working hard and stays clean, just play him all over along the line and find a home for him. if he truly is what we are all hoping for, he will find a spot in the starting lineup. and if he is not ready, he looks like good depth. no real problems here, just a nice asset.

LG ??

Didn't everyone think Glenn was a guard.??? Do. It trade promising lineman never know whe. Ya need to plug a replacement in

No, people that weren't paying attention, and a few oft-wrong pundits, thought he was a guard. He played left tackle his last season in college and got better and better until he dominated, showcasing all of the skills he has shown as a Bill. Thankfully, Buddy Nix saw he was an LT and then told everyone he was a guard.

this kid is already a steal! We're watching a 7th round pick showing he AT LEAST belongs on the team, and maybe even as a starter, as a rookie!

That's more than you can honestly expect with a 7th round pick!

I wouldn't consider him a steal just yet. We all heard that he had first round talent , so the fact the he is playing well shouldn't be a surprise. The surprise right now is that he hasn't failed a drug test yet. The reason he lasted until the 7th round had nothing to do with talent, it's that every team in the league expected him to self destruct at some point. I think it would be a couple years of good play and no drugs before we consider him a steal.

Kid has shown he could actually handle LT and if kept progressing could be the full time starter by mid season. Glenn is back so what now? Surely we have to play this kid (RT?) or what? You just don't sit a talent like this for depth, the kid can be a really good starter in the NFL.

He said no one has said anything about RT so could he be trade bait?

Every year there is that one player that I really hope the Bills take a chance on...this year it was Seantrel Henderson.

I even tweeted at Eric Wood about the Bills taking a mid-to-late-round flier on the kid...and he did not seem interested in the idea.

I've watched the kid since he came out of high school as not only the best tackle, but the #1 recruit in the country...he reminded me of Bryant McKinnie.

There's zero doubt in my mind that if he stays healthy and out of trouble, the Bills are going to have a nice problem on their hands in the near future.

He could end up being a dominant left tackle in the NFL...only question is, what do you do with Cordy Glenn? (I don't think he accepts a move inside.)

Every year there is that one player that I really hope the Bills take a chance on...this year it was Seantrel Henderson.

I even tweeted at Eric Wood about the Bills taking a mid-to-late-round flier on the kid...and he did not seem interested in the idea.

I've watched the kid since he came out of high school as not only the best tackle, but the #1 recruit in the country...he reminded me of Bryant McKinnie.

There's zero doubt in my mind that if he stays healthy and out of trouble, the Bills are going to have a nice problem on their hands in the near future.

He could end up being a dominant left tackle in the NFL...only question is, what do you do with Cordy Glenn? (I don't think he accepts a move inside.)

They can both play tackle at the same time.

What you do is continue to start Cordy at LT and put Hendy at RT. And since Hendy is a 7th rounder, there's not much he can say about it. Cordy has 2 years left on his contract and then he's an UFA. What happens then is a discussion for another time, but at worst, you have Hendy to move to LT if need be.

Hendy's development is probably the biggest positive from the early preseason so far, second would be that Sammy at least looks the part of the guy we envisioned him being. With Cyrus' issues so far it's even more huge that SH has come along well.

Maybe Seantrel's performance thus far and hopefully in the future (as a 7th round pick) will help us feel better about not having a first next year (in addition to what we hope to see from Sammy in the regular season).

Put the best 5 out there and screw the position. Glenn, Henderson, Wood and the next two.

Because of the style of play the Bills are planning to use...O-line is more important than QB to the team's success.

ive been saying this for years. The best 11 players on both sides. Redardless of position, size, name or hair color. Play football with your best players.

Maybe Seantrel's performance thus far and hopefully in the future (as a 7th round pick) will help us feel better about not having a first next year (in addition to what we hope to see from Sammy in the regular season).

Especially if it's a low pick!