What about Henderson now?

Kid has shown he could actually handle LT and if kept progressing could be the full time starter by mid season. Glenn is back so what now? Surely we have to play this kid (RT?) or what? You just don't sit a talent like this for depth, the kid can be a really good starter in the NFL.

He said no one has said anything about RT so could he be trade bait?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kid has shown he could actually handle LT and if kept progressing could be the full time starter by mid season. Glenn is back so what now? Surely we have to play this kid (RT?) or what? You just don't sit a talent like this for depth, the kid can be a really good starter in the NFL.

Why can't he simply be a swing tackle and continue to develop?

You think they may trade Henderson? Not a chance.

Put the best 5 out there and screw the position. Glenn, Henderson, Wood and the next two.

Because of the style of play the Bills are planning to use...O-line is more important than QB to the team's success.

I wouldn't say OL is more important to this team than QB. If you add a pro bowl OL to this team we are still a question mark. If you add a pro bowl QB to this team we are a contender.

But that said, agree with you play your best five. Marrone is a big proponent of that, too, and has said it numerous times. Not sure how it plays out here though, with Cordy having to play his way into normal shape first before game shape. I would love to see Henderson at RT but I really don't see us doing it in the next few weeks.

I wouldn't say OL is more important to this team than QB. If you add a pro bowl OL to this team we are still a question mark. If you add a pro bowl QB to this team we are a contender.

But that said, agree with you play your best five. Marrone is a big proponent of that, too, and has said it numerous times. Not sure how it plays out here though, with Cordy having to play his way into normal shape first before game shape. I would love to see Henderson at RT but I really don't see us doing it in the next few weeks.

I say that because I think Marrone wants to be a run first, pass when we wanna team. To do #1 you must have superior O-line play. Leading the team in rushes like last season isn't the answer. Running effectively, even when everyone knows it's what you're going to do will take consistently good o-line play. If we get that we will win with adequate QB play.

Put the best 5 out there and screw the position. Glenn, Henderson, Wood and the next two.

Because of the style of play the Bills are planning to use...O-line is more important than QB to the team's success.

Agree but Henderson has not proven himself to be among the top 5 yet. He will likely be there with the only question being when.

Should have said leading the league in rushes...you got my meaning though.

If Spiller had not been hurt, along with every other player on the offense, we very likely would have lead the league in rushing attempts and yards. But I agree with your point that we really only need efficient Quarterbacking. My point was if you add a great passer to this team we are dangerous everywhere even with the linemen we have.

He hasn't even played a regular season down yet and you already have him as a really good starter in the NFL and possible trade bait

This board is out of control

Edited by Max997

He hasn't even played a regular season down yet and you already have him as a really good starter in the NFL and possible trade bait

He's actually never played one half of professional football and apparently Marrone referred to the fact he was exhausted after one quarter last week. He's looked very good, so we are all thrilled with the guy but we can't get carried away.

Being a fan with the openness of the internet is so controlling.

If Henderson is starting LT material and the Bills down the road can trad him for a high draft pick why not do so?