ESPN- Spiller could be traded soon

Frez

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want this thread to be locked so badly. Somebody says "could" or "might" on a sports talk show and all of a sudden it becomes gospel and inevitable?

The Bills are not trading Spiller. Four RBs is not excessive with the way these guys get hurt.

If I'm wrong I'll gladly take my medicine in the form of scorn and ridicule. But I won't be.

I was just watching sports center and the ESPN analyst said Buffalo will NOT keep four RB's going into the season. Look for the Bills to unload CJ Spiller before the season starts according to him.

This could get interesting...........

Trade for another player or trade for an extra draft pick for next season?

Players get hurt during the pre season. Any of our RB's can go down. If he was to be traded it wont happen until after 3rd week of pre season. It will depend on the needs of the Bills at the times and other teams needs as well.

I want this thread to be locked so badly. Somebody says "could" or "might" on a sports talk show and all of a sudden it becomes gospel and inevitable?

I'm not disagreeing, but by that standard >3/4 of the offseason threads would be locked, and a good majority of the rest would end up in OT or PPP...

The Bills are not trading Spiller. Four RBs is not excessive with the way these guys get hurt.

If I'm wrong I'll gladly take my medicine in the form of scorn and ridicule. But I won't be.

Thank you!

You're not alone in being driven crazy with the BS.

I'm not disagreeing, but by that standard >3/4 of the offseason threads would be locked, and a good majority of the rest would end up in OT or PPP...

Not seeing the problem.

My initial though is that there is no way they trade him. But the more I think about it, the more I could see them trading him and I think I'd be OK with it.

We know they love Bryce Brown and had their eye on him for a while. He has a lot of the same qualities as Spiller, but offers more size and power. Brown is the key to the whole thing.

If this rumor is true, then I'm glad they waited to see what they had in Brown and Dixon before pulling the trigger. If they want to be a power run team, it makes sense.

He is going to be gone because he is not cut from the Marrone cloth - great worth ethic and playing smart. Look at Fred - far less skill, but far more successful...because he gets it. CJ has mind blowing athleticism paired with a lack of understanding...not worth the headaches...

He is going to be gone because he is not cut from the Marrone cloth - great worth ethic and playing smart. Look at Fred - far less skill, but far more successful...because he gets it. CJ has mind blowing athleticism paired with a lack of understanding...not worth the headaches...

CJ has a great work ethic. That's just flat wrong.

I was just watching sports center and the ESPN analyst said Buffalo will NOT keep four RB's going into the season. Look for the Bills to unload CJ Spiller before the season starts according to him.

This could get interesting...........

Trade for another player or trade for an extra draft pick for next season?

Great. . .traded Lynch which I thought was stupid and he wins a Super Bowl and the Bills got NOTHING for it really.

Now trade Spiller (if it's true which ESPN is normally wrong). Note to Running Backs: Don't get comfortable in Buffalo. You'll be gone in two to three years.

DUMBEST IDEA even if OBD is thinking it (which I sincerely doubt).

I agree that Spiller will likely not be traded. The only thing that gives me pause/doubt though, is Marrone's recent declaration that he's not comfortable using more than 2 backs in a game. That's weird. My hope is that he was lying or somehow misinterpreted or something. But if we take him at face value, here are the possible conclusions:

• The coach and GM are out of sync (i.e., why sign Dixon to a decently sized contract and trade for Brown if your coach won't use them?)
  • The coach and/or GM are VERY worried about RB injuries
  • At least 1 of the top 4 RBs on the roster is seen as expendable. (But it wouldn't be either of the guys they just acquired this offseason, nor could it be the guy whose contract they just extended, so that leaves Spiller.)
  • Other

:rolleyes:

I agree that Spiller will likely not be traded. The only thing that gives me pause/doubt though, is Marrone's recent declaration that he's not comfortable using more than 2 backs in a game. That's weird. My hope is that he was lying or somehow misinterpreted or something. But if we take him at face value, here are the possible conclusions:

• The coach and GM are out of sync (i.e., why sign Dixon to a decently sized contract and trade for Brown if your coach won't use them?)
  • The coach and/or GM are VERY worried about RB injuries
  • At least 1 of the top 4 RBs on the roster is seen as expendable. (But it wouldn't be either of the guys they just acquired this offseason, nor could it be the guy whose contract they just extended, so that leaves Spiller.)
  • Other

Perhaps the "not use move than two RBs in a game" comment is being misinterpreted. You can still have a short yardage or goal line back (Dixon), while reserving the bulk of the carries and touches to your two main guys. The 4th is injury insurance and a ST contributor.

Spiller won't be traded.

i don't think cj is going to resign. besides aren't they getting rid of any player that the OC doesn't know how to use? isn't that why SJ13 was sent packing? doesn't make sense to keep the "most explosive player in the nfl" if he's never going to "explode" he can't run up the middle and apparently hackett doesn't draw up bubble screens. why taylor the team to the players strengths when you can just get rid of them? makes sense to me. win this season?! not buying that at all. i mean i'm still not sold on schwartz as DC we know the d works in a biltz heavy system so lets change that. but yeah cj has to go he's going to be great on his next team