Would you swap EJ for Fitz right now?

Would you swap EJ for Fitz?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Would you swap EJ for Fitz?

First of all, I don't think that Fitz would look very good in Marrone's offense. This offense is old school- run the ball with power and make big plays downfield in the passing game. Maybe some read option too. Downfield passing and read option is not Fitz's game.

Just for the heck of it, look up who holds the Buffalo Bills all time franchise record for longest TD pass and longest TD run from scrimmage by a QB.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the heck of it, look up who holds the Buffalo Bills all time franchise record for longest TD pass and longest TD run from scrimmage by a QB.

I assume it's Fitz or you wouldn't mention it, but I wonder what his completion percentage is on throws over 20 yards compared to the other QBs that have worn the Bills uniform.

Your reading and comprehension skills need work. I never blamed the fans for his leaving. It's established the Bills bumbled that. But the majority of fans here wanted him gone. All I'm asking is, in hindsight, would you take him over EJ now.

You know the one thing people here hate more than anything is being reminded what they posted in the past.

Well, there's always the franchise poster...not really hate, but you know what I mean. :D

I'll stick with EJ for now based on potential, though I still say the much-maligned Fitz was the best Bills QB since Flutie. Tragic but true. :bag:

I assume it's Fitz or you wouldn't mention it, but I wonder what his completion percentage is on throws over 20 yards compared to the other QBs that have worn the Bills uniform.

98yds to Terrell Owens vs Jacksonville.

98yds to Terrell Owens vs Jacksonville.

And what was it again - about 55-60 YAC? Not sure that the crown of longest total yardage on a pass play is as significant as some may portray. Good pass- not beating him up, just wouldn't use it as a singular play to define him as a deep threat qb

And what was it again - about 55-60 YAC? Not sure that the crown of longest total yardage on a pass play is as significant as some may portray. Good pass- not beating him up, just wouldn't use it as a singular play to define him as a deep threat qb

Why guess? The video is on NFL.com. I would post it if I wasn't on the phone. But if I recall Fitz got about 50yds of air under it. Not phenomenal but not horrible either.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Why guess? The video is on NFL.com. I would post it if I wasn't on the phone. But if I recall Fitz got about 50yds of air under it. Not phenomenal but not horrible either.

Also on the phone. I recall TO making the grab on his own 45-ish, maybe slightly shy?

Like I said- not a knock. Just didn't think saying "well guess who has the longest pass play" was a terribly meaningful insight. Still a good play.

I honestly cannot believe this question was even asked or that anyone would consider it.

BASED ON HALF A SEASON, 1/4 of a PS game AND CAMP REPORTS? Please man! Back away from the ledge!

Edited by jethro_tull

Last two minutes of a half:

Ryan Fitzpatrick (2012)

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT SACK RAT
48 76 498 63.2 6.55 30 3 3 6 78.7

EJ Manuel (2013)

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT SACK RAT
27 40 231 67.5 5.78 23 3 0 1 107.4

(Most other stats favor Fitz, just to be fair. ;))

EJ has a higher ceiling, and we need a guy with a high ceiling. Will he get there? No idea but I hope so. He does seem better when it's "what the hell, just play" time.

Wonder if I can get his two underthrown picks vs. the Giants on my phone.

Fitz' shoulder has never been the same since

The one he threw the following year in Pittsburgh that SJ dropped traveled 50 yards in the air.

I get that Fitz didn't get it done and is history, but we don't need to make $h|t up.

Edited by reddogblitz

open to it. i would switch hackett for gailey first at oc. hackett is a boy in a mans world

please.

hackett is a very impressive adaptable young coach who deserves the keys to the team's offense and to gather experience to become an NFL veteran. in five years he'll eclipse even gailey's best years by miles.