EJ looked calm and in control..

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ seemed to spread the ball around. Really the only inaccurate pass was the deep one to Woods. chandler needs to catch that pass in traffic. The good TEs in this league make the tough catch. EJ put it where it needed to be. I like the play. hope Scott is back to practicing FT so they can get it down.

Oh and once again with Goodwin, he is always going to beat his man. He caught TDs from all 3 QBs last year. If EJ plays all year, and can show the D on film that he can and will connect on that, this O gets tough to defend.

no way chandler can make that catch. unless he has world class sprinter speed. go back and watch the pass. ej is throwing to a spot and I do applaud the fact that he tries to lead chandler. great idea and the right pass. just poor execution. the throw wasn't on the money. chandler is not making that play. it would have taken a full extension, diving effort. I'm not even sure that any of our receivers make that play.

no way chandler can make that catch. unless he has world class sprinter speed. go back and watch the pass. ej is throwing to a spot and I do applaud the fact that he tries to lead chandler. great idea and the right pass. just poor execution. the throw wasn't on the money. chandler is not making that play. it would have taken a full extension, diving effort. I'm not even sure that any of our receivers make that play.

seemed close enough to me. Only watched it once though. I'm sure you're right. My point is I see TEs Make tough catches like that a lot. Maybe not that tough. But would like to see that play start to work for us. Whoever's fault it was.

it was definitely the right read and the pass wasn't horrible, just led him a bit too much. but before EJ would either have not made it to Chandler, his 2nd read, OR, he would have not even attempted that pass over the middle. I love the progress there!

it was definitely the right read and the pass wasn't horrible, just led him a bit too much. but before EJ would either have not made it to Chandler, his 2nd read, OR, he would have not even attempted that pass over the middle. I love the progress there!

cant argue there.

seemed close enough to me. Only watched it once though. I'm sure you're right. My point is I see TEs Make tough catches like that a lot. Maybe not that tough. But would like to see that play start to work for us. Whoever's fault it was.

Nobody's "fault" per se. Good protection, good read, right throw against tight coverage; sometimes the right play doesn't result in a play being made.

What bothered me about the RZ runs in the 1st was the idea of going out of the shotgun.

I'm assuming that in the regular season EJ would be under center with Frank and Freddie in the backfield.

I really liked the Boobie Dixon/Frank Summers combo that scored the 1st TD, I'd like to see that more in >5 yard RedZone situations. Big bruisers, punching it in. I like Freddie, but he may be loosing his touch at the goaline, like the KC game, stuffed multiple times.

Nobody's "fault" per se. Good protection, good read, right throw against tight coverage; sometimes the right play doesn't result in a play being made.

yep. Our OL looked a little rough last night. I know that is one of the tougher DLs in the league but I was scared for EJ a couple times. Chris Williams needs to step it up. The return of Cordy Glenn, whenever it happens, may help even him out a little on the left side.

I really liked the Boobie Dixon/Frank Summers combo that scored the 1st TD, I'd like to see that more in >5 yard RedZone situations. Big bruisers, punching it in. I like Freddie, but he may be loosing his touch at the goaline, like the KC game, stuffed multiple times.

i think that's one big reason why they signed Dixon.

Williams Watkins Woods and Hogan all look like they mean business.

Credit to Rob Moore?

Agree! I thought that was why they brought Dixon in?

EJ looked better however there were a couple of things that bugged me. On the 14-yard pass to Watkins, it appeared to my untrained eye that the throw was a second or two late - Watkins broke open against the Cover-2 and was all alone in space for what seemed like an eternity before EJ finally let go of the pass.

There was another play where he took a sack after doing something good - climbing up in the pocket - but it seemed to me he should've gotten the ball out sooner to avoid taking a loss on the play.

Otherwise I was impressed and it definitely was an improvement.

But I'll say it again: the left guard situation remains abysmal. I cannot fathom the idiocy of this regime, taking a raw QB with some injury issues, having no credible backup, and refusing to protect him with an NFL-caliber left guard. It boggles my freakin' mind. These guys are letting their jobs ride on the likes of Colin Brown, Doug Legursky and Chris Williams. None of those clowns can play football.

EJ looked pretty good for once. Now let's see how consistent he is. If he plays like that every game then we are going to win a lot of games. With the new DB rules, the QB position is really going to prosper. Throw the ball up to big Mike and let him battle for it and if the DB touches him it's 5 yards and a first down. And as the biggest QB in the league I would like to see him use his legs more to extend plays. Get out of the pocket and if nobody is open then pick up an easy few yards on a scramble like what Derek Anderson did to us. If anyone gets near you, run out of bounds or slide. EJ has the tools. Once he puts it all together I think we have a QB that can win us some football games

EJ looked better however there were a couple of things that bugged me. On the 14-yard pass to Watkins, it appeared to my untrained eye that the throw was a second or two late - Watkins broke open against the Cover-2 and was all alone in space for what seemed like an eternity before EJ finally let go of the pass.

There was another play where he took a sack after doing something good - climbing up in the pocket - but it seemed to me he should've gotten the ball out sooner to avoid taking a loss on the play.

Otherwise I was impressed and it definitely was an improvement.

But I'll say it again: the left guard situation remains abysmal. I cannot fathom the idiocy of this regime, taking a raw QB with some injury issues, having no credible backup, and refusing to protect him with an NFL-caliber left guard. It boggles my freakin' mind. These guys are letting their jobs ride on the likes of Colin Brown, Doug Legursky and Chris Williams. None of those clowns can play football.

EJ lead sammy a little too much into the middle of the field, if it is the play I am thinking of.. If so it was also a great play fake because all 3 LBs bit hard.

EJ looked pretty good for once. Now let's see how consistent he is. If he plays like that every game then we are going to win a lot of games. With the new DB rules, the QB position is really going to prosper. Throw the ball up to big Mike and let him battle for it and if the DB touches him it's 5 yards and a first down. And as the biggest QB in the league I would like to see him use his legs more to extend plays. Get out of the pocket and if nobody is open then pick up an easy few yards on a scramble like what Derek Anderson did to us. If anyone gets near you, run out of bounds or slide. EJ has the tools. Once he puts it all together I think we have a QB that can win us some football games

How can you say " for once"? He played well against the Pats, Panthers, and Jets last year. He's 10 reg.season and 2 preseason games old, give him time.

for once? Smh. Watch any games last year or nah?

He looked like EJ. Timid, indecisive, no 'It', no belief by his actions or persona that he can win and it permeates to his teammates. Did ANYONE really think we would score with 3 downs inside the 5 yrd line?

Watching the RedZone chl, this years 1st Rd QB's displayed 'IT' in Jax & Minny. Hell, even Butt-Fumble Sanchez showed pocket poise. I blame those radio hacks who hoodwinked Buddy. His comments forced Fitz to steel his resolve and not renegotiate, forcing us into desperation with the draft where no QB picked will likely make it past 5 years in the League.

We have a Dog QB.

hmmm.

im not the biggest EJ fan but I have to disagree with you. He looked really sharp last night, and them not scoring in the redzone had nothing to do with EJ, it was 4 runs and no score.

If EJ plays like he played last night this season, the Bills are a 10 win team. Found open guys, got the offense down the field to within scoring range efficiently and accurately, with no risky balls being thrown. I'm confident that with him playing like that, and the weapons we have on offense... that's more than enough for our defense to win us some games.

EJ lead sammy a little too much into the middle of the field, if it is the play I am thinking of.. If so it was also a great play fake because all 3 LBs bit hard.

If you watch the replay from the game, you can see that ball had to be put where it was. Sammy was open out of his break but the LB was sitting back in the cover 2 zone. When he let the pass go it was to the inside of the LB's zone. That was basically the same play that was almost picked in the HOF game by the LB so I like the fact that he waited the extra half second to let it go.

Keuckly also bit on the play action which pulled him in too far.

Edited by The Wiz

I wholeheartedly agree. I was holding out some hope that Williams might turn it around, or at least be average. So far, he hasn't done a lot of convince me. I would not be at all shocked if Cyril Richardson steals the job by the end of the summer. Urbik and Hairston may not be blowing me away, but yeesh.

Right now, I'm rating our O-line to be our weakest positional group. Hopefully that changes when Glenn gets back.