Ridiculous Pegula fracking assertion made by Bulldog.

Wow, nice PPP post, in before it goes where it belongs (disclaimer I would have moved it 5 minutes after you made it in the first place but I am not a Mod). BTW, since this is a PPP post and has like 0 to do with the Bills, I didn't read it (except for the OP) and won't. Last word, well... DC Tom knows what you are.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"All obstructions to the execution of the laws, all combinations and associations, under whatever plausible character, with the real design to direct, control, counteract, or awe the regular deliberation and action of the constituted authorities, are destructive of this fundamental principle, and of fatal tendency. They serve to organize faction, to give it an artificial and extraordinary force; to put, in the place of the delegated will of the nation the will of a party, often a small but artful and enterprising minority of the community; and, according to the alternate triumphs of different parties, to make the public administration the mirror of the ill-concerted and incongruous projects of faction, rather than the organ of consistent and wholesome plans digested by common counsels and modified by mutual interests.

However combinations or associations of the above description may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely, in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."

-George Washington on Political Parties

Wow, Mark80. This is an outstanding post-- germane, compelling, and adroit. And, it answers OC's unhinged rant perfectly, although, by his standards, George Washington was likely a bleeding-heart lib. I doubt he will bother to answer it-- or understand it, for that matter. Again, well done.

My mod responsibilities aside, as my head is spinning as to wtf to do about this thread, I for one am glad you resurfaced. Welcome back to the insanity.

I will return to moderation duties as i mull over what to do with this mess.

I would like to suggest that if it is germane to the discussion regarding the next owner of the Bills, then it is a valid thread.

Wow, Mark80. This is an outstanding post-- germane, compelling, and adroit. And, it answers OC's unhinged rant perfectly, although, by his standards, George Washington was likely a bleeding-heart lib. I doubt he will bother to answer it-- or understand it, for that matter. Again, well done.

I would like to suggest that if it is germane to the discussion regarding the next owner of the Bills, then it is a valid thread.

No need to use the dictionary that much for one post.

Isn't it funny that Bulldog brings up fracking a day after I post about the idea that Pegula would use saving the Bills to get favorable treatment regarding fracking in NYS in the future.

Just like your niece you're not that important and no one cares what you post or that she claimed to be the first woman in combat.

Is this what PPP is like?

I am scared.

It's still pretty civil compared to PPP, but don't venture down there. I made the mistake years ago and I still haven't gotten my soul back. You're too nice for PPP, PPP does bad things to nice people. (Though, often with hilarious results)

So, you can break the rules as long as you put in a disclaimer ?

I didn't break the rules. Frack is not a swear word

:lol: :lol:

Fluff... you, sir have made this thread a delight.

WOW!

I just stopped in to say, "Thanks for the entertainment."

I look forward to stopping in during the season. I'm cautiously optimistic while keeping plausible deniability.

And a Dean sighting makes this thread EPIC! Long time, brother, I'm with you on the optimism. Hope you're well!

I can't believe how many sissies cry about this thread belonging in PPP.

If you don't like it, don't reply to it. Better yet, don't even click on it.

This place has too many moderators as is, and it seems there are 10x more wannabe mods.

Who cares??? Man I bet your one of those people who B word about the president no matter who they are or what they do. It doesn't matter who is on the left or the right because "we the people" are stuck in the middle and are going to get screwed either way.

I can't believe how many sissies cry about this thread belonging in PPP.

If you don't like it, don't reply to it. Better yet, don't even click on it.

This place has too many moderators as is, and it seems there are 10x more wannabe mods.

I have been saying this for a few years... And it has cost me a few usernames lol

WOW!

I just stopped in to say, "Thanks for the entertainment."

I look forward to stopping in during the season. I'm cautiously optimistic while keeping plausible deniability.

They're talking about fracking in UPSTATE.

As I knew without listening and stated. ;)

It's even less political than you (or I) could have imagined. I kept listening for five more minutes, in case I missed the political part.

Holy cow! And, I'm a right wing hack!

As one who OC would likely put in the "leftist hack" ledger:

I think some people are upset with Bulldogs' rather tepid comments (certainly more tepid that OC is making them to be...their topic of discussion being "what motivates Terry Peugla to want to have such a big footprint in the WNY economy?), because they want to be free to enjoy their Bills, without having to feel like their devotion to the team puts them "in bed" with somebody associated with a controversial industry, such as fracking. But, as can be human nature, sometimes we just have to look the other way... I want Pegula to own the Bills... I don't like fracking, In some round about way, with wealth distribution the way it is, we all end up supporting, indirectly, things we don't personally approve of.

This thread has indeed 'left the right track'. Pegula's fortune is definitely a talking point on our Main Board, but political conversations are not. I'm closing the thread but will leave it here as a case in study of how to approach the topic without interjecting personal political bias. If another Mod wants to send this to PPP, that's fine, but should the Pegula's become our next team owners, the story isn't going away.

Well let me play God's Stupid Devil's Advocate, then, now that the gloves are off:

The time to forego elections and to beg Pegula to assume the throne as our Supreme Leader is Now! If we don't frack as much gas a we possibly can right away, and export it as quickly as possible, then we're going to miss out, and our children and our grandchildren will be left with nothing!

So, Mr. Bulldog, if that's your real name, the way I see it, is that you are either Pro-fracking, or you hate the Sabres. You are either Pro-fracking, or you want the Bills to move! You are either Pro-fracking, or you want us ALL to be jobless!

In closing, lay off Pegula, won't you, Mr. Bulldog? The hopes and dreams of our entire region are riding on his kind and magnificent shoulders. Without his extreme grace and charity, we'd probably all be dead by now.

Thank you. Unfortunately, I don't think neither the OP nor 95% of the people on this board will read it and understand what it is saying. You see, it contains a lot of words and you have to read it a little slow and actually think about it to understand it. Which, in a nutshell, is where the problem lies.

I ran 6 miles yesterday and felt great. In fact, never has a six-mile run ever been easier for me. I guess it must be summer time when I can run more. During the, especially this last winter, I couldn't run so much and swam more.