Ridiculous Pegula fracking assertion made by Bulldog.

You know you really fracked things up when you get the Dean to crawl out of his hole.

And if you believe that The Dean just randomly showed up for a thread like this?

You don't know the 1st thing about this fracking board.

;)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus, you have completely missed the point.

Yes, thank you, I'm fully aware of the literal interpretation of the rules, hence the disclaimer.

I suppose if I hadn't added it, and hadn't stated WHY I added it, you'd have a point.

I did both, so you do not.

No, you still have missed the point.

Just because Bulldog "crossed the line" on HIS show does not allow you to break the rules on THIS board, even with a disclaimer.

WOW!

I just stopped in to say, "Thanks for the entertainment."

I look forward to stopping in during the season. I'm cautiously optimistic while keeping plausible deniability.

My mod responsibilities aside, as my head is spinning as to wtf to do about this thread, I for one am glad you resurfaced. Welcome back to the insanity.

I will return to moderation duties as i mull over what to do with this mess.

Well thats very foolish of you.

There would be no point of bringing fracking up unless you had an agenda driven reason.

I'm comfortable with that statement.

That is not true whatsoever. Someone could be against fracking and be totally apolitical. Someone could be a righty and for some reason be against fracking. And someone could be a lefty and be against fracking but have no political element to that conclusion whatsoever.

I have nothing against fracking although I know very little about it. Seems to me there are wildly ranging viewpoints. I'm sure a huge number of them are politically related. But they are not at all by definition politically related.

My mod responsibilities aside, as my head is spinning as to wtf to do about this thread, I for one am glad you resurfaced. Welcome back to the insanity.

I will return to moderation duties as i mull over what to do with this mess.

Throw it in the political forums, then bot spam Bulldogs WGR account every 60 seconds with it :lol:

That is not true whatsoever. Someone could be against fracking and be totally apolitical. Someone could be a righty and for some reason be against fracking. And someone could be a lefty and be against fracking but have no political element to that conclusion whatsoever.

I have nothing against fracking although I know very little about it. Seems to me there are wildly ranging viewpoints. I'm sure a huge number of them are politically related. But they are not at all by definition politically related.

Politic junkies make it political. Fracking isn't the problem. The moratorium on it will eventually be lifted.

So bet then. ;)

EDIT:

Or, you can be wise, click here: http://audio.wgr550....ulldog-hr-3.htm and listen at 12:40.

I'm only giving you the answer...because I respect you as football poster, and, because you're honest. I encourage you to listen maybe starting around 10:00, and see, that even given a boatload of "context", these fracking comments were political, and were from left field.

That is, if you're honest.

I will listen to it later. The only reason I wouldn't bet from what you just said is because of your "if you're honest" statement, which is absolutely ridiculous because no matter what anyone thinks or says about anything, you can throw in the blanket "if you're honest" nonsense and act like it's entirely political when it isn't remotely political.

Even if someone talks about political ramifications doesn't automatically mean what they are saying is political, although it often is. Someone who is precise as you say you are (which is nonsense, of course), would know that. ;)

Politic junkies make it political. Fracking isn't the problem. The moratorium on it will eventually be lifted.

Of course they do make it political.

All I am saying is that I have listened to Bulldog a couple hundred times and I don't know what his politics are. He doesn't seem to bring up political topics either.

Maybe he has brought them out, I just don't recall. I think he says stupid stuff all the time though. ;)

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Of course they do make it political.

All I am saying is that I have listened to Bulldog a couple hundred times and I don't know what his politics are. He doesn't seem to bring up political topics either.

Maybe he has brought them out, I just don't recall. I think he says stupid stuff all the time though. ;)

hehe, well I agree. He is a wgr guy, they all have their quirks.

DISCLAIMER: One could call this is an Off the Wall post, and, we have rules about not posting OTW stuff on the football board. I acknowledge that. However, Bulldog broke that rule with his comments today, via his fact-free "concerns" regarding Tom Petty's fitness to play at Darien Lake. I am responding to musical hack comments made today, in the football forum, because that's precisely the forum where they were made. If we are going to talk about Tom Petty's fitness to play Darien Lake, using nonsensical, fact-free, leftist affectation, as our basis, then I am going to respond to it as such. That is the point of putting this on the football board.

Feel free to move this to OTW, but let's also understand: I didn't cross the line. Bulldog did. I am merely responding in kind, just like the OP.

I think the disclaimer was a good call here. Legally, you've covered all the bases.

And assuming this Bulldog fellow actually signs up here, how would you even know it's him? He would have to make up an identity and most of the good ones are already taken, and Bulldog is out--no anonymity there. It'd be like:

TheDingoAteMeBaby: Ok, I'm here.

OC: What?

TheDingoAteMeBaby: Let's do this?

OC: Excuse me?

TheDingoAteMeBaby: Come on, it's party time.

OC: I don't know what you're talking about.

TheDingoAteMeBaby: Let's dance.

OC: ......Bulldog??

TheDingoAteMeBaby: Um...NO!...I'm TheDingoAteMeBaby!

It'll never work.

DISCLAIMER: One could call this is an Off the Wall post, and, we have rules about not posting OTW stuff on the football board. I acknowledge that. However, Bulldog broke that rule with his comments today, via his fact-free "concerns" regarding Tom Petty's fitness to play at Darien Lake. I am responding to musical hack comments made today, in the football forum, because that's precisely the forum where they were made. If we are going to talk about Tom Petty's fitness to play Darien Lake, using nonsensical, fact-free, leftist affectation, as our basis, then I am going to respond to it as such. That is the point of putting this on the football board.

Feel free to move this to OTW, but let's also understand: I didn't cross the line. Bulldog did. I am merely responding in kind, just like the OP.

8/10

Isn't it funny that Bulldog brings up fracking a day after I post about the idea that Pegula would use saving the Bills to get favorable treatment regarding fracking in NYS in the future.

It was stated a long time ago, and not just about the Bills, but about his investments in WNY in general. There is much to be said about this, as has already been said. There is something here, in this area, that goes together nicely with the Fracking industry.

So after listening to that ... Bulldog made no claim as to the validity of Fracking being good or bad. He made a broad statement that perhaps the "Good Will" Pegula is displaying by buying the Bills, Sabres, and the doing the Harbor Front project would afford him power in Albany. That may or may not be the case ... and that is less a left/right issue and more of a "is this much 'Power' good or bad", question. Sure you can say he is your savior but, and maybe Bulldog has a point, ignoring other things is not necessarily smart.

That is less political than the OP made it out to be. Throwing "Lefties" around is far politically charged than anything Bulldog said.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

I am a leftist hack myself and freely admit to not knowing enough about fracking to discuss it intelligently. My guess is that most pro-fracking non-hacks on this board probably get the vast majority of their information on the subject from one very intelligent, accurate, high level dialogue, fair and balanced, hack-free news source (hint: not WGR). All that being said, I care way more about the Bills staying in Buffalo than I do about fracking and so with that, I say God bless you Mr. Pegula, however you make your money. Can't wait to give you a standing ovation when they show you on the jumbotron on September 14th.

So after listening to that ... Bulldog made no claim as to the validity of Fracking being good or bad. He made a broad statement that perhaps the "Good Will" Pegula is displaying by buying the Bills, Sabres, and the doing the Harbor Front project would afford him power in Albany. That may or may not be the case ... and that is less a left/right issue and more of a "is this much 'Power' good or bad", question. Sure you can say he is your savior but, and maybe Bulldog has a point, ignoring other things is not necessarily smart.

That is less political than the OP made it out to be. Throwing "Lefties" around is far politically charged than anything Bulldog said.

As I knew without listening and stated. ;)