Will Josh Gordon play this year, after all?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be reduced to a 12 game suspension so he can come back in time to play the Bills in week 13! I'm kidding of course...

This is absolutely ridiculous to me. I do the drug screens for my agency and our policy is standard set at 50ng/ml with the confirm cutoff at 15ng/ml. Both of these must be failed for it to count as a failure and we don't even have a union here! How does the NFLPA let these idiotic rules stand?!

If he gets 12, he will miss the Bill game. Their bye week is really early, like week 4.

Marshawn Lynch would beg to differ... Somehow he still hasn't gone to trial for his.

After Sherman's lawyer gets him off this suspension, he should hire Beast Mode's lawyer to delay the DWI into perpetuity. I believe we are going on 3 years since his last DWI arrest with no trial yet.

Apparently he is claiming it came from second hand smoke.

While this is likely BS he should think about his career and the opportunity to earn serious money first. Even if this is true I don't feel sorry for him. He took a chance played with fire and was burned.

If its just weed , 1 year is too much , ask Colorado

Employers have the right to drug test and either not hire or fire someone for failed marijuana drug tests in Colorado even though it's legal. Just the same as alcohol.

I don't know how Goodell can back off on this suspension. The mandatory for three strikes is a year. The second hand smoke defense is meaningless because it can't be proven. Also, the league knows this kid is a bonehead who squandered 3 chances AND got busted for DUI in the midst of all this.

They agreed with it or it was bargained by the owners? It's quite possible they don't agree with the cutoff and do have a problem with it, but in order to bargain other parts of their agreement they had to agree to this type of testing.

EDIT: And just because the NLPA agreed to it, doesn't mean it isn't a ridiculous test.

The NFLPA agreed to this, plain and simple.

Marshawn Lynch would beg to differ... Somehow he still hasn't gone to trial for his.

After Sherman's lawyer gets him off this suspension, he should hire Beast Mode's lawyer to delay the DWI into perpetuity. I believe we are going on 3 years since his last DWI arrest with no trial yet.

Maybe he hasn't gone to trial because he took a plea deal 5 months ago and thus avoided a trial?

Edited by Mr. WEO

I don't know how Goodell can back off on this suspension. The mandatory for three strikes is a year. The second hand smoke defense is meaningless because it can't be proven. Also, the league knows this kid is a bonehead who squandered 3 chances AND got busted for DUI in the midst of all this.

The NFLPA agreed to this, plain and simple.

Maybe he hasn't gone to trial because he took a plea deal 5 months ago and thus avoided a trial?

If he backs off due to the secondhand smoke argument it would surprise me, since that would open precedent for other guys to argue the same thing. Pretty sure that's not what he wants. As far as the deal with the samples, it sounds fishy, but I his ego may prevent him from saying the process is flawed. And again with setting precedent that others will argue the system is flawed. He seems to really like the drug suspensions to be set in stone. With Goodell in charge of both the issuing of the suspensions AND the appeal process, tough to get around it. Although, he did get a reduced suspension last year. However, that may hurt him this time around. Edited by YoloinOhio

Actually he did. Didn't hear about this. Sorry for my misstatement. And, it was 2 years ago.

"We are resolving the case Friday by pleading to a wet reckless," said Ivan Golde, Lynch's attorney.

Still though, sounds like good lawyering on his lawyers part. If I were Gordon, I'd hire him if he practiced in my state.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10490851/marshawn-lynch-seattle-seahawks-pleads-guilty-reckless-driving

If he backs off due to the secondhand smoke argument it would surprise me, since that would open precedent for other guys to argue the same thing. Pretty sure that's not what he wants. As far as the deal with the samples, it sounds fishy, but I his ego may prevent him from saying the process is flawed. And again with setting precedent that others will argue the system is flawed. He seems to really like the drug suspensions to be set in stone. With Goodell in charge of both the issuing of the suspensions AND the appeal process, tough to get around it. Although, he did get a reduced suspension last year. However, that may hurt him this time around.

Why would Goodell or anyone else now say the process is flawed? ALL parties (players, owners, teams, NFL) agreed to this exact process as it is. They could have come up with another testing system. This is the one they wanted.

Goodell being in charge with of the penalty and appeal process was also something agreed upon by all parties in the CBA. They can't legitimately complain about it now...

Actually he did. Didn't hear about this. Sorry for my misstatement. And, it was 2 years ago.

"We are resolving the case Friday by pleading to a wet reckless," said Ivan Golde, Lynch's attorney.

Still though, sounds like good lawyering on his lawyers part. If I were Gordon, I'd hire him if he practiced in my state.

http://espn.go.com/n...eckless-driving

Plea was February this year.

Florio was just on the radio locally (Browns fan audience) and speculated he could get it reduced to 4-6 games. I don't know if Goodell backs down that easily though. Opens the door for all kinds of appeals and makes his decisions and process look arbitrary, which for the substance abuse policy, it seems they want to be anything but that. Seems like they would need to prove the sample was mishandled (like with Ryan Braun). At this point they are challenging it is second hand smoke (right) and that the agreed-upon process, although apparently executed correctly, is flawed.

Gordon should have just brought a thumb tack into the test room and poked a hole in his cup and say the "chain of custody" was compromised and get off, like Richard Sherman did.

I have not proof or link, but that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Edited by reddogblitz

He was the #1 on the Bill's that was the problem. His play wasn't up to true #1 standards and likely never would, but by default he was the #1 here.

So since he was our #1, going to S, them calling him a #1 is true. He may look much better there too as likely alot less pressure on him now too.

I think the bigger story is that NFLN just said that SF has 3 number 1 WR's.... Boldin, Crabtree, Stevie...

Funny how he's a number 2 on our team and goes to SF and becomes a number 1

He was the #1 on the Bill's that was the problem. His play wasn't up to true #1 standards and likely never would, but by default he was the #1 here.

So since he was our #1, going to S, them calling him a #1 is true. He may look much better there too as likely alot less pressure on him now too.

I totally get it- I defended him against all the talk of him only being a #2... But at the same time, I think with a proven QB, and other weapons around him- it's not unreasonable to assume he can out up his biggest season (statistically) this year...