GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

Fair.... 😄

Yes, and that's pretty accurate of Detroit burbs. Well done. 

Monroe was the one that always got me confused. It was a whole other planet for the rest of that area sort of like Ypsilanti. That's a lot of michigan. A lot of parts that don't fit the hole with a lot of true America in between

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, boyst said:

Monroe was the one that always got me confused. It was a whole other planet for the rest of that area sort of like Ypsilanti. That's a lot of michigan. A lot of parts that don't fit the hole with a lot of true America in between

The Detroit metro crowd calls that area "down river". It sort of has this lower class perception which may be accurate, but that is the sort of label the people in the Detroit burbs would give as that is the kind of people who live in the Detroit burbs. I know a lot of good people from that area actually.

I agree with your assessment and could get into why but I don't want to go too deep down the worm hole on that. I will say your observations are pretty crazy with how accurate.  I'm glad Michigan won, I don't care for Ohio State or most things to do with the state of Ohio, but I'm not a Michigan fan either. One game a year I like Michigan. If people ask me who my team is it's always the same answer, the Bills. I do think it will start to get pretty crazy once they merge the divisions. I can't imagine B2B games with Ohio State. Just weird. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

The Detroit metro crowd calls that area "down river". It sort of has this lower class perception which may be accurate, but that is the sort of label the people in the Detroit burbs would give as that is the kind of people who live in the Detroit burbs. I know a lot of good people from that area actually.

I agree with your assessment and could get into why but I don't want to go too deep down the worm hole on that. I will say your observations are pretty crazy with how accurate.  I'm glad Michigan won, I don't care for Ohio State or most things to do with the state of Ohio, but I'm not a Michigan fan either. One game a year I like Michigan. If people ask me who my team is it's always the same answer, the Bills. I do think it will start to get pretty crazy once they merge the divisions. I can't imagine B2B games with Ohio State. Just weird. 

I'll leave you with this. Drive from Detroit through Toledo and spend some time along the way in each area just a little bit other get to Ft Fun. Seriously, fort Wayne is the most insane city you'll visit in the Midwest. I don't know if it is because it still feels like 1986 or because it's 1986 mixed with fentanyl and soccer moms.

• Haha (+1) 1

My thinking is that if the Buckeyes ever fell off, this whole state would implode... there is literally nothing sports wise to look forward to here right now- even the Steelers are a mess despite winning games. This state has gone so far downhill that even in the summer it's miserable.

I'm now firmly in the "Ryan Day must go" camp, because if he couldn't beat That Team with Stroud nor this defense, he won't again with Harbaugh there. Many people are quick to hammer on McCord, but it is my contention that Day set him up for failure by rolling out this short yardage offense most of the year. The play calling on offense was not even remotely up to par and didn't take advantage of That Team's weaknesses. It was like watching Dorsey's offense with an 'aight QB.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

6 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

My thinking is that if the Buckeyes ever fell off, this whole state would implode... there is literally nothing sports wise to look forward to here right now- even the Steelers are a mess despite winning games. This state has gone so far downhill that even in the summer it's miserable.

I'm now firmly in the "Ryan Day must go" camp, because if he couldn't beat That Team with Stroud nor this defense, he won't again with Harbaugh there. Many people are quick to hammer on McCord, but it is my contention that Day set him up for failure by rolling out this short yardage offense most of the year. The play calling on offense was not even remotely up to par and didn't take advantage of That Team's weaknesses. It was like watching Dorsey's offense with an 'aight QB.

I'm not ready to discuss that game yet in any detail, but I'm torn about Day and just about done with Knowles.  The biggest thing for me was the lack of aggression and creativity last week. No wrinkles, no blitzes, nothing to get the team fired up and put TUN on their heels. They just ran a vanilla offense and sat back on defense. Screw that.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

I'm not ready to discuss that game yet in any detail, but I'm torn about Day and just about done with Knowles.  The biggest thing for me was the lack of aggression and creativity last week. No wrinkles, no blitzes, nothing to get the team fired up and put TUN on their heels. They just ran a vanilla offense and sat back on defense. Screw that.   

The vanilla offense cost them the game, and Day should be ashamed of himself for not unleashing McCord.

19 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The vanilla offense cost them the game, and Day should be ashamed of himself for not unleashing McCord.

I don’t know if McCord has the ability to be unleashed. He’s a one read qb who makes decisions his arm can’t cash

20 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Thoughts on Knowles interviewing at Duke for HC? I was under the impression he didn’t want to be a HC but I guess there’s a possibility he gone 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thoughts on Knowles interviewing at Duke for HC? I was under the impression he didn’t want to be a HC but I guess there’s a possibility he gone 

As you well know, this is what happens when you are a fan of a great team. In just a few years  years Alabama lost Lane Kiffen, Kirby Smart, and Steve Sarkisian (who I consider to have the best offensive mind in the NCAA if not all of football). What makes things worse is that Smart and Sark have great jobs and are not likely to return when Saban retires.

That said, Ohio State will be fine. They are a great organization and have been forever. They will always be in contention. 

Good to see you back and I hope that all is well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

As you well know, this is what happens when you are a fan of a great team. In just a few years  years Alabama lost Lane Kiffen, Kirby Smart, and Steve Sarkisian (who I consider to have the best offensive mind in the NCAA if not all of football). What makes things worse is that Smart and Sark have great jobs and are not likely to return when Saban retires.

You omitted Brian Daboll!

2 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

I’m surprised— good luck Kyle. 

I was just talking to a buddy yesterday who coaches at one of the area HS snd knows some guys over at the Woody… they told him the coaching staff already made the decision that was no way McCord was starting next year. Im guessing they told him early so he could do what he needs to do. 

I was just talking to a buddy yesterday who coaches at one of the area HS snd knows some guys over at the Woody… they told him the coaching staff already made the decision that was no way McCord was starting next year. Im guessing they told him early so he could do what he needs to do. 

That's consistent with their track record for speaking with families early about transferring and offering support in the process. In this particular case, I'm guessing Ryan Day isn't willing to risk his job for Kyle. They have to feel good about a one-year transfer and then Lincoln and Air? 

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

BEST NEWS this week in football. I was worried Day would have rode with him all the way to the end if he was still there.

The way he was screaming at him during some of the games i think he was really frustrated. He’s used to a different level of QB. Plus I’m sure Hartline is yapping about WRs leaving if they roll with him again. Speaking of that Fleming is in the portal. Isn’t he like 30 by now? He did have a good gane against Michigan but that dude was literally hurt his entire career 

• 2 weeks later...

Day is on the hottest of seats... 

And if Ryan Day needs a top five quarterback pick to work with well then he's definitely not the answer ...

McCord was an elite 11 QB with 20 scholarship offers he molded... Just because you had three straight five-star quarterbacks with immense success doesn't mean it they all will be 

These are 20 year old kids and they all do not develop the same

And on that note McCord has transferred to SU

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Who does Ohio State think they are? 

56-7 for a career and on the hot seat, lol. I hope they fire him 

Honestly there is one rule at Ohio State and Michigan

.. Ohio state is beat Michigan and Michigan is beat Ohio State

Day has not been able to beat Ohio State for 2 years .. another loss or 2 more in a row and boosters get antsy 

Harbaugh had a super hot seat before he beat Ohio State finally took... Day needs to beat Michigan next year 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I dont think so, that's overstated. They want to beat their rivals but they want to contend for national titles more

Ofc they do

I'm on record that Ohio state is the only Northern school that will ever win a national championship again

I'm a Notre Dame Homer but I don't think they have it and I don't think Michigan does either...

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

Not an OSU fan, but last night should be the end of Day's tenure.

Lose to Michigan, drive your starting QB out of the program with no backup plan, embarrassing offense against a beatable SEC opponent. 

Buh-bye now.

I agree about Day, but the Big Ten had a major issue with substandard QB play this year, and I don’t think McCord was going to make Day look good going forward either. I’m watching the Peach Bowl right now, and Dart for Ole Miss is capable of playing the position, while Allar for PSU looks completely lost. That’s what I’ve seen comparing Big Ten games to other conferences all season. I think that conference as a whole could use an infusion of fresh coaching ideas. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Finally some good news!  It would be a huge coup for Day to get Tyleik, JT and Sawyer all back. 

That's nice, but if we don't have a QB we are TOAST. We have been through that with the Bills for over a decade and it sucks... 

If Day loses to TTUN next year and flops even in a 12 team playoff he'll be labeled as the 21st century John Cooper.

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

That's nice, but if we don't have a QB we are TOAST. We have been through that with the Bills for over a decade and it sucks... 

If Day loses to TTUN next year and flops even in a 12 team playoff he'll be labeled as the 21st century John Cooper.

I agree that they should add a QB and OL. Potential transfers are coming through in the coming weeks and hopefully they hit. Otherwise, I don’t know… play Noland next year as a true freshman like they did with Pryor and just hope for a fun season? It’s not great right now. Day losing the last two games of the season two years in a row looks a lot like Cooper - especially this year. The Cotton Bowl was an absolute disaster and changed my outlook on him a bit. We’ll see how the next few weeks go. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

I agree that they should add a QB and OL. Potential transfers are coming through in the coming weeks and hopefully they hit. Otherwise, I don’t know… play Noland next year as a true freshman like they did with Pryor and just hope for a fun season? It’s not great right now. Day losing the last two games of the season two years in a row looks a lot like Cooper - especially this year. The Cotton Bowl was an absolute disaster and changed my outlook on him a bit. We’ll see how the next few weeks go. 

It's depressing, because Ryan Day coached the best game of his life vs. UGA and still lost, but now we see how amazing Stroud is. He may have been the beneficiary of Urban's framework and Stroud's ability, and that to me is so sad... our defense got so much better but the play calls on offense and the QB play doomed us.

Day has a lot of credibility with me. I thought he did great in 2019 and called an incredible game against Clemson -- the Wade ejection, Dobbins injury, and Okudah pick reversal doomed them that game. He kept the team together through Covid in 2020 and had the team playing for the natty -- he was undone that time by the best Alabama offense I've ever seen and about a 1/3 of the roster out with injuries.  Since then he's won a ton of games but the criticism that the team seems a little soft is resonating. I don't know why some of these younger coaches still have jobs at Ohio State. I cannot understand why he would make such a big deal about the Cotton Bowl, and then run just six light practices and bench his center over a stupid podcast appearance. How could the QB position be in such disarray with his track record and Hartline's run with the WRs? Why isn't Ohio State in the portal just buying up a new OL?  Day gets the benefit of the doubt with me for another run here, but man right now the program does not appear as well organized and ferocious as I normally expect. 

3 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

The guy they wanted….

We're doing dances over here, to be honest... this guy is a mobile weapon of destruction that could very well save Day's job and propel them forward! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this portal pickup... he is miles more confident with the football than McCord ever was.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Did not see this coming…

I was surprised. How does it change Hartline’s role. I would like to see Day call the plays. Maybe he’s HC in waiting if things don’t work out? I wonder how much they are paying him. I think it aligns to the new AD’s aggressive nature. 

I was surprised. How does it change Hartline’s role. I would like to see Day call the plays. Maybe he’s HC in waiting if things don’t work out? I wonder how much they are paying him. I think it aligns to the new AD’s aggressive nature. 

JULIAN SAYIN from Carlsbad, that's why (my wife thought this was why and she nailed it!)

Alabama QB Julian Sayin in transfer portal: Why Ohio State is favored to land former five-star recruit

"When Sayin originally committed, he chose Alabama over both Georgia and LSU. He said during his announcement that he wanted to be coached by Saban and O'Brien. Though Saban is out of the coaching game, O'Brien is now Ohio State's offensive coordinator, which could make the Buckeyes a team to watch as Sayin determines his next step.

In fact, there appears to be significant momentum for the Buckeyes to land the services of the former five-star recruit. 

"I'd be shocked if he didn't end up at Ohio State," a source told 247Sports' Chris Hummer Friday."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/alabama-qb-julian-sayin-in-transfer-portal-why-ohio-state-is-favored-to-land-former-five-star-recruit/

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Day may have been overwhelmed with his duties as head coach, de facto OC, de facto QB coach, and playcaller. Bringing in someone with experience running an offense will help with all that - hopefully. I agree with you about Day as a playcaller but would also like to see him take on more of a CEO role than trying to do everything himself on that side of the ball. Glad to see Dennis move on to other things. As for Hartline, my sense was his promotion was intended to give him a pay raise and honor his work as WR coach, but I don't know about his interest or ability to take over the whole offense.  

Between the big roster retentions, portal moves, and a high-profile hire like this, Day sure seems to be coaching like his back is against the wall.

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

JULIAN SAYIN from Carlsbad, that's why (my wife thought this was why and she nailed it!)

Alabama QB Julian Sayin in transfer portal: Why Ohio State is favored to land former five-star recruit

"When Sayin originally committed, he chose Alabama over both Georgia and LSU. He said during his announcement that he wanted to be coached by Saban and O'Brien. Though Saban is out of the coaching game, O'Brien is now Ohio State's offensive coordinator, which could make the Buckeyes a team to watch as Sayin determines his next step.

In fact, there appears to be significant momentum for the Buckeyes to land the services of the former five-star recruit. 

"I'd be shocked if he didn't end up at Ohio State," a source told 247Sports' Chris Hummer Friday."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/alabama-qb-julian-sayin-in-transfer-portal-why-ohio-state-is-favored-to-land-former-five-star-recruit/

Any idea how he compares to Howard or even Noland?

• Like (+1) 1