What is the deal with Richardson and Kouandjio?

Really.....a late round drafted guard is a total screw up by Whaley?

7% of 5th rounders start in the NFL. A 5th rounder. How can anyone say it is a huge screw up? He's trying to bolster the line. He may be thought of having great moves if Koundjou and Henderson eventually start on the team. This also would be a good draft if Watkins is the next AJ Green, and Preston Brown becomes an awesome LB.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows it takes 10 days of practice to turn a raw rookie into a Pro Bowl lineman.

:lol:

Cordy was thrown out at LT his first day of camp and you never heard about him getting toasted like these guys.

It might have something to do with Pettine holding his players back against his own team last year, and it really showed up in some games down the road.

This year Schwartz seems to have taken off the kid gloves, and we are seeing what the line will really look like against some of the better D lines. I love it!!

So far, 7th round pick Seantrel Henderson looks like the best rookie offensive lineman.

I don't think we should get too concerned right now as these guys are rookies. If the vets are beating out the rookies, then that's good because they're stepping up their game knowing if they don't, then they'll be off the team as these rookies will be taking their spots.

I think it sends a real message when the team drafts 3 OL rookies in the draft this year. Vetrans beware!!! Lets just hope this isn't the second coming of the Jauron complex....he was a DB and always drafted DB's in quantity. Now, we have Marrone, and he was an OL....so drafting in quantity? I hope not!

You guys are quick to forget that Pears was an average to above-average RT 2 years ago, which is also when he last healthy.

Ditto for Urbik, he's a solid player when healthy. I'll be surprised if anybody surpasses him this year barring injury.

Chris Williams will be solid at G as well. I don't expect Richardson to beat him out until 2015, which is what the FO probably expected when they drafted him.

I think it sends a real message when the team drafts 3 OL rookies in the draft this year. Vetrans beware!!! Lets just hope this isn't the second coming of the Jauron complex....he was a DB and always drafted DB's in quantity. Now, we have Marrone, and he was an OL....so drafting in quantity? I hope not!

Well, it's either that or Marrone likes bigger oline than Chan because of what he expects them to be able to do. So I don't think Urbik and Pears are long term answers, and if one of the Marrone guys can supplant a Chan guy sooner rather than later, then great.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

I have liked Henderson since the start. And now that he is with the first team that is just great. He has a chance to shine and has a chance to fill the shoes of an NFL LT. With his talent he only needs the right attitude and he will be extremely good.

He was the most talented OL we drafted. Said it then said KT now.

Wow, very early here people. I'd have liked to hear rookie of the year type comments at this point, but we're only a few days into camp. Let's hope our head coach with OL experience can help. Blocking our D line is not quite the same experience as your average college lineup. It takes time to adapt both physically and mentally. I remain hopeful (which is why I continue here, despite all evidence).

I would be MUCH MUCH MUCH more worried if rookies were destroying our defense. Our defense is built and capable of destroying most O-lines. No surprise that rookies are having issues. S. Henderson is a physical freak. Much more pure talent than any other draft pick than perhaps Watkins. If his head is on right, he is the one I see starting this year, while the other two take a year to develop.

I am surprised Hairston isn't playing any OT with Glenn out, or is he?

If he has not, it gives me hope that Glenn is OK.....

It'll be a good day to see Glenn back.....

Anyone herd/read anything on Glenn? His absence is brutal.

i wouldn't worry. we needed O-line help, and got some good additions. The difference here is that Jauron would have drafted Kongo with the 1st round pick.

love your screen name Mr. Adams. I was just about to ask about Glenn. What does his "non-football" illness mean? Could it be a broken finger, etc. sustained playing pick-up basketball, or something more nefarious like the stroke Kris Letang had in the NHL this season following a long time of "undisclosed illness."

I would be MUCH MUCH MUCH more worried if rookies were destroying our defense. Our defense is built and capable of destroying most O-lines. No surprise that rookies are having issues. S. Henderson is a physical freak. Much more pure talent than any other draft pick than perhaps Watkins. If his head is on right, he is the one I see starting this year, while the other two take a year to develop.

I'm on board. I think he will probably play as well as Glenn did last year. But with the amount of playing time being more limited. It seems the vets are reaching a little deeper and it's gonna take a real effort to earn the start over the incumbents. But his size alone should help him succeed where others may not. Conditioning will also tell on this fella.

After year one however, we may want to look out. His history shows some potential issues that no one would be surprised about if they popped up again. Hope he can show some emotional growth and leave those things exactly where they are, in the past.

Coach Doug Marrone refused to reveal details regarding LT Cordy Glenn's (active/NFI) illness.

"It's a medical condition. I'm preparing to go on as if he's not playing, which he's not," Marrone said. "I'm just waiting for the doctors, and I can't speak about the condition because it's something that happened outside of football. I'm not allowed to speak about it, guys. I'm sorry." Marrone doesn't sound overly optimistic about his left tackle. For now, it's a waiting game. Rookie Seantrel Henderson has been taking the first-team reps in Glenn's place.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7482/cordy-glenn

That last part was good to hear about a 7th round pick.

If i'm not mistaken Glenn was seen around camp working out, just not participating in practices.