What is the deal with Richardson and Kouandjio?

Coach Doug Marrone refused to reveal details regarding LT Cordy Glenn's (active/NFI) illness.

"It's a medical condition. I'm preparing to go on as if he's not playing, which he's not," Marrone said. "I'm just waiting for the doctors, and I can't speak about the condition because it's something that happened outside of football. I'm not allowed to speak about it, guys. I'm sorry." Marrone doesn't sound overly optimistic about his left tackle. For now, it's a waiting game. Rookie Seantrel Henderson has been taking the first-team reps in Glenn's place.

http://www.rotoworld...482/cordy-glenn

That last part was good to hear about a 7th round pick.

If i'm not mistaken Glenn was seen around camp working out, just not participating in practices.

He was going through conditioning drills last week with Dareus and Branch. Media speculation is that conditioning is holding him back at this point, not the illness.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are quick to forget that Pears was an average to above-average RT 2 years ago, which is also when he last healthy.

Pears was never an above average RT. Calling him an above average RT at any point in his career is an insult to the truly above average RTs of the NFL. Pears is terrible, has always been terrible, and will be terrible again once real football starts. The only thing Pears is above average is missing assignments and getting his QB killed.

So, our rookie offensive linemen are struggling against arguably the best defensive line in football right now? Interesting take there.

Also, Seantrel Henderson should be doing better than all the others...he is, and always has been, far superior in talent.

Coach Doug Marrone refused to reveal details regarding LT Cordy Glenn's (active/NFI) illness.

"It's a medical condition. I'm preparing to go on as if he's not playing, which he's not," Marrone said. "I'm just waiting for the doctors, and I can't speak about the condition because it's something that happened outside of football. I'm not allowed to speak about it, guys. I'm sorry." Marrone doesn't sound overly optimistic about his left tackle. For now, it's a waiting game. Rookie Seantrel Henderson has been taking the first-team reps in Glenn's place.

http://www.rotoworld...482/cordy-glenn

That last part was good to hear about a 7th round pick.

If i'm not mistaken Glenn was seen around camp working out, just not participating in practices.

That report is a week old. There hasn't been a peep since.

Manuel's a developing QB and his starting LT is MIA. What's up?

Edited by John Adams

That report is a week old. There hasn't been a peep since.

Manuel's a developing QB and his starting LT is MIA. What's up?

I'm growing more worried by the day re: Glenn. He's (obviously) a huge piece of the puzzle for this offense and it's probably not the end of the world if he doesn't play in the HOF Game or the next pre-season romp, but if he misses too much of camp it will affect his play in the first half of the season and that could prevent the Bills from getting off to a fast start -- which they really need to do with this schedule.

I'm growing more worried by the day re: Glenn. He's (obviously) a huge piece of the puzzle for this offense and it's probably not the end of the world if he doesn't play in the HOF Game or the next pre-season romp, but if he misses too much of camp it will affect his play in the first half of the season and that could prevent the Bills from getting off to a fast start -- which they really need to do with this schedule.

Marrone is very careful with his words, and he probably really doesn't know if and when Glenn is coming back.

It seems to me, however, that if the medical condition was something really nasty and harmful, that Cordy would not be at practice working on his conditioning, and getting better. But more so, Hairston would be getting many, many more reps at LT as Glenn's potential replacement. I will start worrying a little when that happens.

To me, Marrone and Whaley are saying to themselves, there is a 95% chance that Glenn is back soon, and we will have a few weeks to get him ready for the season. Henderson is a monster with off the charts measurables and athletic talent. Lets give him every rep we can and get him ready to be a back-up. He needs the work. If they were really worried that Glenn was not going to play, they would have another tackle, one that has played there and played decently before, getting ready to protect EJ.

Marrone is very careful with his words, and he probably really doesn't know if and when Glenn is coming back.

It seems to me, however, that if the medical condition was something really nasty and harmful, that Cordy would not be at practice working on his conditioning, and getting better. But more so, Hairston would be getting many, many more reps at LT as Glenn's potential replacement. I will start worrying a little when that happens.

To me, Marrone and Whaley are saying to themselves, there is a 95% chance that Glenn is back soon, and we will have a few weeks to get him ready for the season. Henderson is a monster with off the charts measurables and athletic talent. Lets give him every rep we can and get him ready to be a back-up. He needs the work. If they were really worried that Glenn was not going to play, they would have another tackle, one that has played there and played decently before, getting ready to protect EJ.

Certainly, this is most likely the case. I've been able to rationalize it for the first week of camp but the silence has made it a bit more difficult. It's good to know that Glenn is still conditioning, I had heard he was doing that earlier last week but wasn't sure if it had continued. I'm all for giving Henderson reps, that's important, it's just a question of how long does it take for an O-Line to gel.

If Glenn stays in condition , he's plug and play for season opener. It's critical for the new and backup OL players to get as much practice time now.

I tend to agree, LT's operate on islands most of the time on the line as is and Glenn has experience to lean on that should allow him to get back into the flow quickly. However, we've seen it throughout the years here with the Bills how juggling O-Lines throughout camp (due to injuries in the past largely) has messed with chemistry and created problems early in the season.

Of course, the line of years' past were not as talented overall as this one (at least on paper), so maybe that will balance it out.

This again?

How can a journalist not get to the bottom of this? It can't be that hard.

It is not football-related, therefore HIPAA laws come into play...making Cordy Glenn the ONLY person in this world who can openly talk about whatever the problem is.

So, unless Cordy Glenn tells them, no journalist is going to get you the answer you are looking for.

Edited by Bob Malooga

Certainly, this is most likely the case. I've been able to rationalize it for the first week of camp but the silence has made it a bit more difficult. It's good to know that Glenn is still conditioning, I had heard he was doing that earlier last week but wasn't sure if it had continued. I'm all for giving Henderson reps, that's important, it's just a question of how long does it take for an O-Line to gel.

I tend to agree, LT's operate on islands most of the time on the line as is and Glenn has experience to lean on that should allow him to get back into the flow quickly. However, we've seen it throughout the years here with the Bills how juggling O-Lines throughout camp (due to injuries in the past largely) has messed with chemistry and created problems early in the season.

Of course, the line of years' past were not as talented overall as this one (at least on paper), so maybe that will balance it out.

right. plus we have this extra week than all other teams but one. that probably factored heavily into their decision.

Pears was never an above average RT. Calling him an above average RT at any point in his career is an insult to the truly above average RTs of the NFL. Pears is terrible, has always been terrible, and will be terrible again once real football starts. The only thing Pears is above average is missing assignments and getting his QB killed.

When are we going to hear the real story? As in:

"Hi, my name is GreggyT. I went to high school with this guy named Erik Pears. One day I was trying to be funny so I called him Erik Apples; he put my head into a locker. He stole my lunch money, felt up my girlfriend, and then gave me a wet willy. I hate Erik Pears."

When are we going to hear the real story? As in:

"Hi, my name is GreggyT. I went to high school with this guy named Erik Pears. One day I was trying to be funny so I called him Erik Apples; he put my head into a locker. He stole my lunch money, felt up my girlfriend, and then gave me a wet willy. I hate Erik Pears."

I wish that were true and I had a more rational explanation for my anti-Pears stance. :lol: :lol:

It is not football-related, therefore HIPAA laws come into play...making Cordy Glenn the ONLY person in this world who can openly talk about whatever the problem is.

So, unless Cordy Glenn tells them, no journalist is going to get you the answer you are looking for.

HIPAA does not cover journalists. They are not health care providers or insurers.

How a journalist can't find out what's going on and report it is beyond me. It smells like (1) reporter laziness or (2) something embarrassing where they are respecting the player's request for privacy.

HIPAA does not cover journalists. They are not health care providers or insurers.

How a journalist can't find out what's going on and report it is beyond me. It smells like (1) reporter laziness or (2) something embarrassing where they are respecting the player's request for privacy.

what are you saying - that the bills can discuss Glenn's illness and violate hipaa laws if they are talking to a journalist? What?

what are you saying - that the bills can discuss Glenn's illness and violate hipaa laws if they are talking to a journalist? What?

I'm saying that any journalist who can't get to the bottom of this story is not much of a journalist. That's what I'm saying.

They won't get Whaley and Marrone on record but this can't be that hard of a story to get to the bottom of. You pull aside two players, they tell you. You confirm with the assistant sub trainer. You report what the issue is as confirmed by players and other source. The end.

It's not like we're cracking open Deep Throat's identity here.

Edited by John Adams