Bachelor Party Tailgate - Need Transportation Help

Cash

So I'm getting married this year (yeah!), and I've decided to build my bachelor party around a Bills game/tailgate (double yeah!). The game in question is the Vikings game on October 19th. We're in pretty good shape for nightlife Friday/Saturday (although suggestions are always welcome), but what I really could use some help with is the tailgate itself. My typical pilgrimage to RWS is with a small Rochester-based crew. We usually have 1-2 carloads of people, drive from Rochester Sunday morning, tailgate pre and post game, and drive back to Rochester in the evening. But for this game, there's going to be 11 or 12 of us, and most of us will be flying into and out of Buffalo. There might be a car or possibly 2 coming from Rochester, but we definitely won't have nearly enough space for all of us. Plus, no one really wants to DD on the way back.

So my question is: What's the best way to get us to & from the stadium? We're hoping to hit Hammer's lot and the Pinto tailgate (never been -- always get to the stadium after Hammer's is full). I've found some charter bus shuttle thing for $35 a head, and it seems doable, but it doesn't get to the stadium till 10am, which is a little later than I'd like. We could always suck it up and take cabs to and from the stadium, but then our ability to bring (and cook) food and booze is severely limited. I was thinking one option could be convincing one of the Rochester guys to suck it up and DD, so we'd at least have one vehicle. He could bring the supplies (Blue Light, food, grill, etc.) and as many guys as he can fit, and the rest of us could cab it. I'm very open to alternate suggestions if anyone has any. This should be an awesome time as long as the logistics don't get in the way.

Congrats, Cash!

What a great way to celebrate.

If it were me, I'd try to see if you could get a party bus. They have specific lots they park in and stay the entire game. They also let you bring whatever you'd like along. That way you don't have to worry about a DD. It could be pricey, but you're only getting married once (or so we hope!). You can probably find one to arrive earlier that 10 a.m. Either way, best of luck!

-Billeve

Congrats, Cash!

What a great way to celebrate.

If it were me, I'd try to see if you could get a party bus. They have specific lots they park in and stay the entire game. They also let you bring whatever you'd like along. That way you don't have to worry about a DD. It could be pricey, but you're only getting married once (or so we hope!). You can probably find one to arrive earlier that 10 a.m. Either way, best of luck!

-Billeve

Ditto Cash, and enjoy the wedding. You don't really appreciate the wedding day until later. Whatever you do, don't have one of your guys drive. Even if you don't do the party bus, you could rent an RV and pay someone to drive you.

find a better charter bus company - theres a bunch around - and one that will get you there when you want? why cant the company get you there until 10? Because you only have the bus for a certain number of hours? just ask them to pay extra and extend the hours....its really your best option....

Congrats!! I might have 2 tickets available for that game if by chance you get any late additions to the crew...

I am with the others- there has to be a company that will cater to your needs and timeframe- that's what they are there for, although it will probably cost you more...

Awesome idea!!! Remember, as stated previously, this (hopefully) is a once in a lifetime event- make it epic as best you can!!! The last memory you want it to have something happen bc someone wasn't safe to drive... Spend the extra dough and play it safe and have no worries!!!

Have a great time!

As mentioned, in order of priority:

1) Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

2) It only happens once (shut up to anyone who wants to argue), and make it special. Get the limo/bus that fits your size of group and make your pals pay for it. It's your "special day". Flowers are optional - but I worry for you if you're disappointed by their absence :-)

You definitely need to have a Kiko jersey on hand. And some place to recline....for your best man of course.

You could drive to the game, then have this company drive you back to the hotel, in the car(s) you drove there.Get to bring all your stuff, get there when you want, just have someone drive you home. Not cheap, but lots cheaper than a DWI.

Picked us up after Pats game last year at 7.PM.

http://www.ddobny.com/

That is a really cool idea!