Training Camp tweets and media reports, Week 2

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was thinking about this today as well. from what the reports say he looked really good after the rain cleared. it made me wonder if it gave him a chance to settle down and relax a little.

one thing i think we can all agree on about EJ is that he really wants to be great. you can tell that he takes his job seriously. maybe some of his early camp struggles are coming from pressing a bit. i think that will certainly get better with time.

maybe he can get some of that synthetic weed from dareus.

If i remember right he seemed to do better after halftime last year also. as far as wanting to be great, there's no doubt he wants to be great and turn this team around. We shouldn't forget he's playing against a very good defense.

sammy was just filming some of the players (and hackett) dancing while they were waiting for the rain delay.

Practice notes - urbik had a sore back and cut his day short, Richardson was on 1st team OL, EJ looked good, gragg was back, chandler and moeaki sat out. Tuel looks better than Thad thus far.

Hairston, not Urbik. I really hope he's okay and this isn't anything but a bit of soreness.

From the WGR link:

After practice head coach Doug Marrone revealed Hairston suffered a back injury, but his status for upcoming practices is not yet known.

@WGR550: Manuel: "I have personal goals for myself this season...i'd rather keep them to myself though."

@WGR550: Manuel: "I don't want to win just for myself, but for the Bills community as well."

@WGR550: Manuel: "You can't play thinking you don't want to want to make a mistake, you can't dwell on one play."

@WGR550: Manuel: "We want to cut loose and be aggressive on offense."

@WGR550: Manuel: "The guys on the inside are going to get a lot of looks with all the coverage on Sammy."

@WGR550: Manuel: "I'm not focused on the pressure, I'm focused on getting better and making sure my teammates are ready to go every single day."

@WGR550: Manuel on Mike Williams: "Same as Sammy, either he's going to get the ball or nobody's gonna get it."

@WGR550: Manuel: "I have personal goals for myself this season...i'd rather keep them to myself though."

@WGR550: Manuel: "I don't want to win just for myself, but for the Bills community as well."

@WGR550: Manuel: "You can't play thinking you don't want to want to make a mistake, you can't dwell on one play."

@WGR550: Manuel: "We want to cut loose and be aggressive on offense."

@WGR550: Manuel: "The guys on the inside are going to get a lot of looks with all the coverage on Sammy."

@WGR550: Manuel: "I'm not focused on the pressure, I'm focused on getting better and making sure my teammates are ready to go every single day."

@WGR550: Manuel on Mike Williams: "Same as Sammy, either he's going to get the ball or nobody's gonna get it."

I could have sworn I've read he hangs his head and dwells on plays. This must be one of those conflicting reports.

@BuffRumblings: EJ Manuel looked better yesterday, per the multiple reports in today's collected links. http://t.co/izyKQPlr3k

@hsimon62: 7-31 Bills QB EJ Manuel on the Howard Simon Show http://t.co/ISRljmaFDO

I listened to WGR this morning w/ EJ -- good interview. EJ specifically referenced not worrying about making a mistake and letting it rip -- have to have a "next play" mentality if something goes wrong. Really mature kid. Said he's not worrying about the "pressure" of carrying the team -- just working hard to make sure they are successful.

I listened to WGR this morning w/ EJ -- good interview. EJ specifically referenced not worrying about making a mistake and letting it rip -- have to have a "next play" mentality if something goes wrong. Really mature kid. Said he's not worrying about the "pressure" of carrying the team -- just working hard to make sure they are successful.

He's so easy to root for. I just hope he can put it all together. Perfect "face of franchise" material as long as the play on the field is there.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1m

No sign of Chris Hairston, either. Left yesterday's practice with a back injury

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 3m

Don't see Lee Smith on the field for the start of practice. Bills aren't catching any breaks at tight end

Matthew Fairburn@MatthewFairburn 34s

Bills attendance report: No sign of Chris Hairston, Lee Smith. Chandler and Moeaki still out. Kevin Elliot is practicing, though.

Rich Fann II@RDotDeuce 20s

I'm gloriously enjoying Donnie Henderson's visor game more than I should. #BillsCamp pic.twitter.com/w1mIYD8PH6

Bt44NdKCUAAveev.jpg

Rich Fann II@RDotDeuce 53s

Doug Whaley taking in the defense #BillsCamp pic.twitter.com/0AjrMrS6bt

Bt45Kq5CIAMX1Al.jpg

Edited by YoloinOhio

Matthew Fairburn@MatthewFairburn 4m

Nickell Robey looks outstanding in one-on-one drills today. One pick and another near interception. He's so smooth changing direction.

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 5m

.@sammywatkins has left several CBs thinking he's breaking left when he's already gone right. #FooledEm

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 6m

Rookie G Cyril Richardson getting more work between Eric Wood and Erik Pears at RG #Bills

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 7m

Marquise Goodwin pulls up after a 1-on-1 route grabbing his hamstring. Jogging it off now, but something to monitor

Matthew Fairburn@MatthewFairburn 8m

Bills guard Chris Williams is heading to the locker room with a trainer.

Rich Fann II@RDotDeuce 1m

Dbs seem to be 'handsier' off line and in coverage this year #BillsCamp http://telly.com/1MX1K1Q

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 4m

And now Richardson has flipped to LG after Chris Williams left the field. #Bills