Training Camp tweets and media reports, Week 2

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused by this:

Matthew Fairburn@MatthewFairburn 32s

Ron Brooks started off 11-on-11 drills by picking off EJ Manuel on the second play. Brooks was the only one in the area Manuel threw it to.

How does one start 11-on-11 on the second play? Wasn't there a first play... oh yea, EJ threw a bomb to Goodwin for a TD.

Easily..first one doesnt count when your not on the field for it. We all know he isnt the starter and should never see the field on "1st" downs. :-D

No way EJ threw a perfect bomb to Goodwin. 2 reasons: 1 EJ doesnt throw deep, 2 EJ is not accurate enough to complete a pass longer than 10 yds down field.

lol - no one reported it, except one fan who tweeted about it.

Kind of my point.

not that it matters but the bomb to Goodwin was on 1on1's, not 11on11's. just for the record. relax! ;)

Well I was going by the stream of tweets from Yolo's update. I'm not getting on you. Just saying like Yolo pointed out, If it's good it's apparently not worthy of being communicated but bad news is.

Easily..first one doesnt count when your not on the field for it. We all know he isnt the starter and should never see the field on "1st" downs. :-D

No way EJ threw a perfect bomb to Goodwin. 2 reasons: 1 EJ doesnt throw deep, 2 EJ is not accurate enough to complete a pass longer than 10 yds down field.

Yep. Also, pics or didn't happen.

However, I have been noticing a little more "patience" in the tone of the Buffalo area reporters when talking about EJ. It seems like they might be seeing something in him, but yet dont want to give him the praise until he actually proves it in the end. Its that damn Sticker Shock from the past 14 years..

I see your point 100% Wiz and agree with where you are coming from. Again, we all tend to take football too seriously at times and I was only trying to add a little humor to what has been a very 'gloom and doom' board after the first week of camp...referring to the number of negative posts about EJ.

Eball: if you want to refer to me as a troll go right ahead. The thought of you fuming at your keyboard over my harmless comment makes me laugh and puts a huge grin on my face. Exactly what I needed after the day I've had. Thank you sir!!

Edited by john

In the practices I've been too Ive seen more good than bad with EJ. He's still a little raw and his accuracy can be off a bit. Having big targets makes a big difference.

My biggest worry with EJ is his confidence honestly. I hope he doesn't put too much pressure on himself and just plays football. The talent is undeniable.

In the practices I've been too Ive seen more good than bad with EJ. He's still a little raw and his accuracy can be off a bit. Having big targets makes a big difference.

My biggest worry with EJ is his confidence honestly. I hope he doesn't put too much pressure on himself and just plays football. The talent is undeniable.

Whaley has deliberately given the media/fans the message that he won't be asked to do to much, too soon, and that he should not feel the weight of the organization on his shoulders. I have to think he is getting the message too (I hope).

Mark Gaughan@gggaughan 3m

Rain stopped ... Bills will be heading back out in a bit for final 45 min of practice

Whaley has deliberately given the media/fans the message that he won't be asked to do to much, too soon, and that he should not feel the weight of the organization on his shoulders. I have to think he is getting the message too (I hope).

I hope so too and I remember Doug saying that. I've always thought that was one of JP's biggest issues and I would hate to see it happen twice. He has the talent, just do your job.

Does anyone think that so far in his very short career EJ reminds you of a young Donovan McNabb? McNabb was very raw with his mechanics and always suffered with accuracy issues....a very streaky QB who even late in his career struggled to find consistency. However, both have very strong arms and the ability to scramble and keep plays alive. Very athletic. All the tools. Just need it to come together, especially the accuracy. Even if EJ ends up being as good as McNabb I will be 100% happy and satisfied, for the record. Even with flaws that may never go away, because of his athletic ability and strong arm, he will always be able to keep plays alive and extend drives. something that can make up for a lot of deficiencies!

Edited by john

I see your point 100% Wiz and agree with where you are coming from. Again, we all tend to take football too seriously at times and I was only trying to add a little humor to what has been a very 'gloom and doom' board after the first week of camp...referring to the number of negative posts about EJ.

Eball: if you want to refer to me as a troll go right ahead. The thought of you fuming at your keyboard over my harmless comment makes me laugh and puts a huge grin on my face. Exactly what I needed after the day I've had. Thank you sir!!

My mistake, John -- I failed to correctly identify your sharp wit and timely humor. Of course you only mean well. Carry on! I'll stop by Office Depot on my way home to replace this keyboard I shattered in anger earlier.

:doh: