Training Camp tweets and media reports, Week 2

The link makes it sound like it's the Chief receiver of the same name--anyone know if that's the case?

oh wow, I hope so! Not to wish that on anyone obviously. Interesting that i didn't see this about KW anywhere else. I'll check!

Yes, its the Chiefs receiver.

"Injuries may eventually help the Chiefs thin their crowd at wide receiver. Veteran Kyle Williams was the latest receiver to leave practice because of a hamstring injury. He pulled up while running a route and immediately grabbed his leg. Williams was having a strong camp but an extended absence might force the Chiefs to turn elsewhere for receiving help."

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/6746/chiefs-camp-report-day-9?ex_cid=espnapi_public

sorry for the misleading tweet! Might need to stop following that account!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you, but they paid Kolb half of that, plus with Fitz's dead money, I don't think they ended up below that $7M number (and possibly they ended up above it). I'm not going to crusade on this because it's just Fitz we're talking about, but I continue to believe they made a mistake letting him walk.

I think it would have been more of a mistake to keep him honestly. It would have created a very awkward locker room and allowed for teammates and fans to openly question, when the rookie would inevitably struggle, "should we just play the vet?"

Right move was to cut him, move on.

I think it would have been more of a mistake to keep him honestly. It would have created a very awkward locker room and allowed for teammates and fans to openly question, when the rookie would inevitably struggle, "should we just play the vet?"

Right move was to cut him, move on.

agree. Circumstances, although ideal on the surface to have Fitz mentor EJ, were anything but.

Imagine Stevie last season if EJ struggled and Fitz was on the sideline...

In this situation, you either keep him as the starter or cut the cord. Texans did the same thing with Schaub. Fitz is their version of Kolb.

Edited by YoloinOhio

agree. Circumstances, although ideal on the surface to have Fitz mentor EJ, were anything but.

Imagine Stevie last season if EJ struggled and Fitz was on the sideline...

In this situation, you either keep him as the starter or cut the cord. Texans did the same thing with Schaub. Fitz is their version of Kolb.

Absolutely. First of all, it takes two to tango, and who says Fitz wants to stay as a backup. He's a human being with pride, not a robot.

Secondly, the locker room responds to salary. You can't retain a backup at $7 mil, have a rookie on a rookie contract as the "unquestioned starter" and not have the locker room take notice.

I hear you, but they paid Kolb half of that, plus with Fitz's dead money, I don't think they ended up below that $7M number (and possibly they ended up above it). I'm not going to crusade on this because it's just Fitz we're talking about, but I continue to believe they made a mistake letting him walk.

The Fitz deal was actually $10M/year.

They didn't "let him walk", they cut him. Why? Because he was on $10M/year and was not willing to take a pay cut. $10M/year for a backup QB is not a salary one wants with what was essentially a young rebuild team. Had we kept him we would have been facing a $10M cap hit the following year, and the next etc. It was really all about the money......and the value thereof.

Interesting tweets from our exWr Ramses Barden:

@RamsesSHINES: Bills are probably the best conditioned team in the NFL, No Lie. Expect that to start being a factor in the next few minutes & the duration

@RamsesSHINES: Expect Caleb Holley to be the surprise undrafted free agent wide receiver this year regardless of what team he ends up on.

@RamsesSHINES: Chris Hogan is a few confidence plays away from being a top 10 slot player in this league.