Training Camp tweets and media reports, Week 2

Spikes picks off EJ and laterals to graham for td

Thad hits tj graham in the numbers. Dropped

Sammy hasn't taken a rep in a while. Standing on the field with helmet off. Will update if he comes back

Edited by FluffHead

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MatthewFairburn: Brandon Spikes just intercepted EJ Manuel in 7-on-7. Like Manuel never saw him. Spikes faked a pitch to Corey Graham and ran it in for 6.

@thadbrown7: Spikes nice INT on EJ to open 2nd 7-on-7. Think someones eyes got read

@mikerodak: Another drop for T.J. Graham. Recurring theme for his camp. Time may be running out for him.

@buffalobills: DE Manny Lawson with a powerful inside move in 1-on-1s. #LayDownTheLawson #MannyBeingManny

@MatthewFairburn: EJ Manuel connects on his first deep pass of the night. Little over 20 yards to Mike Williams.

@thadbrown7: Williams nice sliding catch on EJ deep ball. Good chance youll that hilite at 11 @News_8

@mikerodak: Manuel rebounded in his second set of reps in 3rd down 7v7s. Hit Lee Smith in stride on post but Smith dropped it.

@thadbrown7: EJ hits Hogan and Woods for big gains to start 2nd team drill. Manuel's last 5 throws maybe his best of camp

@ESPNRochester: Watkins sitting out of reps.. Not sure yet as to why he's sitting out of drills #BillsCamp

@mikerodak: Might have just seen one of Manuel's best third down plays in camp. Stared down A gap blitzes and dropped pass into Williams' hands alon ...

@MatthewFairburn: Sammy Watkins has been on the sidelines for most of 11-on-11 portion of practice. Mike Williams has four targets to Woods' two by my count.

@mikerodak: Bills DT Stefan Charles being checked out by trainers: http://t.co/50BES7UfNF

@JoeBuscaglia: Fight breaks out between Bryan Johnson and Macky MacPherson. Johnson throws at least four punches to the midsection. #Bills

@mikerodak: Doug Marrone meeting with Peoper Johnson and Pat Morris after another scuffle after play. Marrone not happy

@WGR550: Bills OC looking for quicker trigger from Manuel http://t.co/do2PSTwuk3

@buffalobills: Gettin loose between reps. #BillsCamp https://t.co/8FwBTnBpv7

@mikerodak: Our first tussle of camp. Cyrus Kouandjio in the middle of it after a Ronnie Wingo run

First tussle? Where was Rodak when Searcy mixed it up last week with a receiver whom I can't remember? Must have been busy reporting on EJ's bustitude.

GO BILLS!!!

@MatthewFairburn: Macky MacPherson and Bryan Johnson just exchanged punches. Tensions running high at Bills practice tonight. Look alive out there.

Still no watkins in team. First team wideouts are williams woods and hogan

weird. Did he get hit/hurt?

@JoeBuscaglia: Marrone does NOT like when practice breaks down like that. Called both the offensive and defensive line over and talking to them now. #Bills

@mikerodak: Some laughs as Marrone breaks up the huddle. Eric Wood steps in as Marrone leaves, tells groups to cool off

@thadbrown7: Starting to rain lightly during Bills 2nd special teams session

@MatthewFairburn: Macky MacPherson and Bryan Johnson just exchanged punches. Tensions running high at Bills practice tonight. Look alive out there.weird. Did he get hit/hurt?@JoeBuscaglia: Marrone does NOT like when practice breaks down like that. Called both the offensive and defensive line over and talking to them now. #Bills@mikerodak: Some laughs as Marrone breaks up the huddle. Eric Wood steps in as Marrone leaves, tells groups to cool off@thadbrown7: Starting to rain lightly during Bills 2nd special teams session

I didn't see watkins get hurt. He did individual drills. No 7 on 7 or team. He has been standing on sideline with his helmet in his hand for at least a half hour now.

On another note, Hogan has stood out on a good way for 2nd straight day.

Edited by FluffHead

First tussle? Where was Rodak when Searcy mixed it up last week with a receiver whom I can't remember? Must have been busy reporting on EJ's bustitude.

GO BILLS!!!

maybe he meant 1st of the day?

@716SportsGuy: 2nd week of camp. Scuffles like this are to be expected. That said, nice to see Marrone and vets like Eric Wood taking control of the scene.

@mikerodak: Sammy Watkins not taking reps in 11-on-11s tonight. Doesn't appear to be injury related

@716SportsGuy: I wouldn't read much into the "heated exchange with Pepper Johnson". A couple guys who really care about what they do getting carried away.

I didn't see watkins get hurt. He did individual drills. No 7 on 7 or team. He has been standing on sideline with his helmet in his hand for at least a half hour now.

On another note, Hogan has stood out on a good way for 2nd straight day.

listenung to murph and kelso and they mentioned he had really looked good in the slot, and EJ looking sharp.

Are they still using that gps technology that they used last year to track wear and tear on players? Hopefully just a rest night for Sammy.

ah - good point. Read about that the other day.

@mikerodak: With injuries, Bills are really experimenting at TE. Guard Kraig Urbik and FB Evan Rodriguez the latest grouping. Urbik false starts

@buffalobills: Plays made: Chris Hogan sliding catch over the middle, Fred Jackson breaks free, Jerry Hughes wreaking havoc. #BillsCamp

@MatthewFairburn: Looks like Cyrus Kouandjio was getting some reps with the #Bills' third-team offense in that last series of 11-on-11's.

john_kucko@john_kucko 2m

Rain makes way for #Bills practice. Chris Hogan skies for this grab #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/NFbQ8ORuG9

Btq2B-gCQAEn7H3.jpg

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 50s

EJ Manuel's two minute drill against 2nd team D ends on a Ron Brooks interception

Thad Brown@thadbrown7 13s

2 min drill 1st O v 2nd D: EJ 3-4 before INT to Brooks. 2 comp to Fred

Matthew Fairburn@MatthewFairburn 10s

#Bills were starting to pick up the pace on offense, and EJ Manuel forced one to Robert Woods into double coverage. Ron Brooks w/ an INT.

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 34s

Nigel Bradham laying the boom #hitstick

john_kucko@john_kucko 14s

The #Bills are off tomorrow. Next camp practice is Wednesday at 2:00pm #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/u4wVWgriPc

Btq3Z3GCEAATlQW.jpg

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 1m

DC Jim Schwartz discusses the goals for the Hall of Fame game, competition at LB & more: http://ow.ly/zFU8z

Well he talks the talk, but so did Wannstedt. I don't think we'll really know what we have in terms of defensive coaching until the regular season is underway.

That is the first time that ive seen/heard schwartz talk. He is an intense dude! I loved his reaction when San Francisco was brought into the discussion! He is still holding his harbaugh grudge.

I know. What was that all about anyway? A "too aggressive" handshake?

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 2m

Thad Lewis' 2 min drill against mismatched 1st team D ended with 2 sacks in first 3 plays, but kept going. Later big Graham gain

Sal M. must have complained...

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1m

Shorter practice tonight. 2 hours, 6 minutes

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 54s

That's all for #BillsCamp tonight. Player comment to follow. #staytuned pic.twitter.com/fGmSFTGgPP

Btq5VCyCYAE4vA4.jpg

@buffalobills: .@EWood70: "The key is to make steps each day, individually and collectively, and that's what we're doing" http://t.co/6tWQjWvzNW

@buffalobills: Manny Lawson: "If there's no talking, it's not fun. We'll always compete but we're still a team" http://t.co/mJdWdhJFCA

@MatthewFairburn: Mike Williams and Sammy Watkins spending some extra time with EJ Manuel after practice working on routes down by the goal line.

@mikerodak: Bills confirm that Watkins isn't injured. Didn't take much, if any, reps tonight.

@buffalobills: .@bbwolf94: "Up front we're doing pretty good ... Still trying to get better every day. Competing is competing." http://t.co/wnmcP7dYb2

@BuffRumblings: Read our instant practice recap from Monday right here: Get our practice recap from Monday's night practice here. http://t.co/QFaAolofCj

Lol!

@MatthewFairburn: Mike Williams on the tension between the offense and defense at Bills practice: "They can't stop us and they get mad at that."

You know, Sal could always quit if he hates it so much. I am sure there are plenty of people here who would love his job.

The Rochester D and C reporter. Yep.

I dont read him anymore. not much fun

That is the first time that ive seen/heard schwartz talk. He is an intense dude! I loved his reaction when San Francisco was brought into the discussion! He is still holding his harbaugh grudge.

You noticed that too ? I laughed when i caught it. F'n awesome. dude is serious

Schwartz is a very intense and very, very smart guy. Not sure he will be a great coordinator but he knows his stuff, and is known to be a quality motivator. Being a head coach is a much different job than just being a coordinator. I think we did as good as we possibly could given the timing of Pettine's departure. I think our run defense is going to be much improved.

yes and yes