SI interviews Jim Schwartz

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't this be in the "Schwartz Sucks" thread?

I heard they were trying to merge the Schwartz Sucks thread with the Our OL Sucks thread, until they realized the irony.

Perhaps all of the threads should be merged into one big The Bills Suck thread.

Doesn't shine much light on anything, but decent read still I suppose. Linebacker spot is up for grabs and they are glad to see the extra reps for the guys competing, lots of talent on the defense, etc.... Just being the best coach he can be today and not worrying about future HC gigs.

Banks gave him some slow pitch softballs and Schwartz was content with getting on base easy.

Edited by NoSaint

Doesn't shine much light on anything, but decent read still I suppose. Linebacker spot is up for grabs and they are glad to see the extra reps for the guys competing, lots of talent on the defense, etc.... Just being the best coach he can be today and not worrying about future HC gigs.

Banks gave him some slow pitch softballs and Schwartz was content with getting on base easy.

Speaking of his future as a HC... I sure as hell hope he can stick around a few years... The revolving door at DC is disturbing... Teams typically excel in the 2nd+ year of the same system due to familiarity, and that's something we haven't had in quite some time...

Speaking of his future as a HC... I sure as hell hope he can stick around a few years... The revolving door at DC is disturbing... Teams typically excel in the 2nd+ year of the same system due to familiarity, and that's something we haven't had in quite some time...

agreed. But if he does get HC looks, this time they have a succession plan in place with pepper Johnson. I believe Marrone or Whaley indicated this and that the scheme would not change. Also, if that happened, it would mean our D was very very good.

Here's one reason he won't be head coach again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzfTC1XW_yQ

especially with his extensive knowledge of the NFC north which we play this season

Great point! I would add that we haven't had a DC this smart in a long while.

Wade Phillips, 1995–97* (under Levy)

Ted Cottrell, 1998–2000 (under Phillips)

Jerry Gray, 2001–2005 (under Williams)

Perry Fewell, 2006–2009** (under Jauron)

George Edwards, 2010–11 (under Gailey)

Dave Wannstedt, 2012 (under Gailey)

Mike Pettine, 2013 (under Marrone)

Jim Schwartz, 2014- (under Marrone)

God he made an ass of himself that day. Looking at the back slap in retrospect was not that bad. This notion he'll have a head coaching job in one year is premature. He avg 6-10 for 5 years. Lovie Smith was successful, went to one SB, Jim Caldwell went to one SB, and so on.

I believe he will be here at least two years. For him to get another nod, he'd have to create a top 5 defense for two years in a row and the Bills make the playoffs for two years. If they get there with a dominating defense, he'll probably get another shot as 7 coaches get fired on avg every year. You know Garrett is a dead man walking.

God he made an ass of himself that day. Looking at the back slap in retrospect was not that bad. This notion he'll have a head coaching job in one year is premature. He avg 6-10 for 5 years. Lovie Smith was successful, went to one SB, Jim Caldwell went to one SB, and so on.

I believe he will be here at least two years. For him to get another nod, he'd have to create a top 5 defense for two years in a row and the Bills make the playoffs for two years. If they get there with a dominating defense, he'll probably get another shot as 7 coaches get fired on avg every year. You know Garrett is a dead man walking.

im not sure he has the temperament to be a HC. It is perfect for a DC though!

Didn't JH and Jim Kelly get into it one time? Also Jim Rome?

If memory serves, Jimbo punched Harbaugh in the face at Rich Stadium. Don't rember if it was before or after a game though.