Ray Rice suspended two games? (Update: now cut/suspended)

So if wife beating gets you two games, I figure a little street racing by Dareus should keep him out about 3 plays.

Had the exact same thought. The backlash on Goodell today has been so bad that if he turned around and suspended Marcell the same for what he did, it would be even worse.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more doom and gloom for the Cravens

Ravens CB Aaron Ross tears Achilles, to miss season

I saw that - during conditioning drills no less! And the achilles is a much worse thing to recover from than ACL.

Sure did. Here's the full transcript.

http://www.noodls.co...45xxx1400960414

The Ravens PR dept knew this was coming right? I mean.... wow. Do better, Ravens. Edited by YoloinOhio

I saw that - during conditioning drills no less! And the achilles is a much worse thing to recover from than ACL.

The Ravens PR dept knew this was coming right? I mean.... wow. Do better, Ravens.

The really weird part is no one picked up on it. I remember hearing the presser way back when it happened and thought to myself, there's no way he actually said that.

I was listening to NFL Radio this morning on the way to the gym, and some good points to consider. You can't compare conduct issues to the substance abuse suspensions as they are two separate buckets.

Per the last CBA, the union and NFL greed to black and white policies for violations and this is broken out to PEDs and other substance abuse violations. It goes from warnings, to 4 games, one year and so on.

So what everyone should look at is what was the personal conduct violation and how does it compare to others. The more relevant comparison is Big Ben getting 4 games for the lawsuit against him for possible sexual misconduct, that was never prosecuted, to Ray Rice getting 2 games for hitting his wife and he is getting punished for his actions.

You guys probably know of other pure misconduct issues, and was the punishment fair comparable to others. The two games is ridiculous for his behavior. I don't care if he marries her. This should still be a minimum of four to six games and the checks that go along with it.

I was listening to NFL Radio this morning on the way to the gym, and some good points to consider. You can't compare conduct issues to the substance abuse suspensions as they are two separate buckets.

Per the last CBA, the union and NFL greed to black and white policies for violations and this is broken out to PEDs and other substance abuse violations. It goes from warnings, to 4 games, one year and so on.

So what everyone should look at is what was the personal conduct violation and how does it compare to others. The more relevant comparison is Big Ben getting 4 games for the lawsuit against him for possible sexual misconduct, that was never prosecuted, to Ray Rice getting 2 games for hitting his wife and he is getting punished for his actions.

You guys probably know of other pure misconduct issues, and was the punishment fair comparable to others. The two games is ridiculous for his behavior. I don't care if he marries her. This should still be a minimum of four to six games and the checks that go along with it.

What he said!!! ^^^^

wherever you stand on the number of games deserved, i feel like i have seen a lot of false equivalency issues in the discussions (ive seen both comparisons to gordon who is a 3 time offender in a negotiated drug system, and also incognito which exposes the nfl to workplace issues).

wherever you stand on the number of games deserved, i feel like i have seen a lot of false equivalency issues in the discussions (ive seen both comparisons to gordon who is a 3 time offender in a negotiated drug system, and also incognito which exposes the nfl to workplace issues).

I agree that the cases are apples to oranges.

Pryor got 5 for NCAA violations!

The NFL expects all its employees, teams and players to act at all times with respect toward women. By making the difficult decision to hand down this suspension, the NFL has made it clear that violence toward women will not be tolerated and those who do not uphold that standard of conduct will face harsh discipline.