Dareus gets hammered on NFL Network for being out of shape

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how Sapp (assclown and sorry I don't normally curse on the site, but he is such a fool) is all over Dareus, yet I've seen him report to camp with a gut every year. Dungy would hide it and run his butt off every camp. I'm not defending Dareus, as he is stupid with all of this other bad press, compound matters by showing up overweight. He'll lose it, and be out there in a week.

Funny how Branch Did the same thing, but we're not hearing about him. They should run both of these guys in suicides for everyone to watch until they can pass the conditioning tests. A little humble pie is the best medicine for anyone coming in not ready to play.

I love how Sapp (assclown and sorry I don't normally curse on the site, but he is such a fool) is all over Dareus, yet I've seen him report to camp with a gut every year. Dungy would hide it and run his butt off every camp. I'm not defending Dareus, as he is stupid with all of this other bad press, compound matters by showing up overweight. He'll lose it, and be out there in a week.

Funny how Branch Did the same thing, but we're not hearing about him. They should run both of these guys in suicides for everyone to watch until they can pass the conditioning tests. A little humble pie is the best medicine for anyone coming in not ready to play.

They showed him on the news here the other night working out at camp and he did not look too overweight to me (not for him anyway). I think he just isn't fit enough to practice.

this is all overblown.

None of the guys are in football shape until your out there in pads for about 2 weeks. Your body has to adjust to the extra weight of the pads and your body has to get back into the flow of the hitting as well.

Now if Marcell was a WR this would be a huge problem. But he is a DT. Has has to control about a 5 yd area. Not worried at all about this. He will be ready to go in Sept full steam.

I don't understand how football players are not in *enough* shape to pass the basic conditioning test.

You know exactly when camp starts.

You know the requirements of the conditioning test and know you'll have to take it.

You know your livlihood depends on the condition of your body.

And for Marcel, you've already irritated your employer enough in the off-season.

this is all overblown.

None of the guys are in football shape until your out there in pads for about 2 weeks. Your body has to adjust to the extra weight of the pads and your body has to get back into the flow of the hitting as well.

Now if Marcell was a WR this would be a huge problem. But he is a DT. Has has to control about a 5 yd area. Not worried at all about this. He will be ready to go in Sept full steam.

I get sick if seeing him coming off the field holding his elbow... Lol... Not sure what this has to do with anything.... Just figured I would complain...

interesting comment about Dareus only making 7 plays out of 269 plays on 3rd down. i wonder how much truth there is to that, and is he counting the fact that on some plays Dareus probably occupied an extra lineman so others could make a play.

Those stats made me scratch my head. Somewhat ambiguous. Coming from Sapp, I wouldn't place too much credence in them. I may be wrong, but I can't really envision him sitting down and extensively watching game tape.

Amen.

Someone needs to grow up.I would kill to have the opportunity and privelege he has been given. I realize he has had a tough road personally but he doesn't have a hard time cashing that check. Responsibility time. Sack up or pound sand

He probably has direct deposit. What a lazy bastard.

This.

Like it or not Dareus is in the wrong. He's a pro, he needs to act accordingly. His team relies on him.

As for Sapp. He was one hell of a defensive tackle, a hall of fame member. He did his time in the league. Dareus should be listening when he talks.

Through their first 3 NFL seasons, Sapp had 22.5 sacks and Dareus has 18.5.

And I agree it wasn't that bad. But I think it's that it's a fat guy calling you out. It would be like Donald Trump saying you were attention seeking.

And it all comes down to Marcell. He could shut a ton of people up this year with his play. Remember the 20 page thread after Mario missed a training camp practice last year?

I'm not sure about this "conditioning" thing either. I think he's in the Doug Marrone dog house. He already had to be out a day or so to go down to Alabama for his court hearing thing anyway. I think it's the reverse psycholoty thing. Tell him he's out of shape. MD will think that DM really thinks it and will work hard to prove him wrong. Win Win.

I'm not worried about Mr. Big Stuff. He'll be starting in Chicago.

I think you hit the nail on the head. These conditioning tests are usually nothing more than a few wind sprints or whatever drills a position coaches wants to run his players through. I think a lot of times coaches "fail" players for things outside of conditioning - Bill Belicheck did it with Haynesworth in New England, although not like it mattered in the end. I have a feeling its more of Marrone attempting to get through to Marcel any way he can.

Regarding Branch, I'm a little disapointed since he skipped all of the voluntary practices in the offseason. I'm the first guy in line that gets ticked off when I hear coaches spewing thinly vieled threats in the media about their players missing voluntary practices (Suh in Detroit), but then again, if you're going to skip this stuff you should be working as hard or harder in the offseason. Of course, Marrone could be using a little psychology on Branch as well...

Amen.

Someone needs to grow up.I would kill to have the opportunity and privelege he has been given. I realize he has had a tough road personally but he doesn't have a hard time cashing that check. Responsibility time. Sack up or pound sand

Would you taken the opportunity and give up your mother, father, grandparents, mentor, and brother up by the age of 24?

Just because money might make you happy doesn't mean it does for everyone.

I think you hit the nail on the head. These conditioning tests are usually nothing more than a few wind sprints or whatever drills a position coaches wants to run his players through. I think a lot of times coaches "fail" players for things outside of conditioning - Bill Belicheck did it with Haynesworth in New England, although not like it mattered in the end. I have a feeling its more of Marrone attempting to get through to Marcel any way he can.

Regarding Branch, I'm a little disapointed since he skipped all of the voluntary practices in the offseason. I'm the first guy in line that gets ticked off when I hear coaches spewing thinly vieled threats in the media about their players missing voluntary practices (Suh in Detroit), but then again, if you're going to skip this stuff you should be working as hard or harder in the offseason. Of course, Marrone could be using a little psychology on Branch as well...

When I played in college, we had the 300 yard shuttle. If you failed it, you had to wake up a hour before breakfast and run 2 miles. It gave the coaches an idea of how hard you worked over the summer. It also would affect you on the depth chart.

But if you made plays during camp, the conditioning test was quickly forgotten.

When I played in college, we had the 300 yard shuttle. If you failed it, you had to wake up a hour before breakfast and run 2 miles. It gave the coaches an idea of how hard you worked over the summer. It also would affect you on the depth chart.

But if you made plays during camp, the conditioning test was quickly forgotten.

When i played (in college) we did gasers the first year. Lots of the lineman failed including me. It was about 90 degrees that day ,I remember like it was yesterday because I thought I was gonna die that day lol.

If you failed you had to run a mile in a certain amount of time. Then presto everybody passed the mile run.

Like I said not worried about Dareus at all. He passed today so he could not have been that out of shape.

Your right. Both of these guys will be fine. I would like to see both of them shed some weight working towards a build more like Suh. There is no need for the extra 20 lbs. around the middle as it will gas you in the third and fourth quarter when they are trying to run against you.

It's funny how a guy like Kyle Williams is 6 years older, and never once did you ever worry about him showing up out of shape. Lastly, good point on Branch before. He chooses to miss all of the OTA's and then shows up out of shape.

I thought that he got caught with Synthetic Marajuana (spice) not bath salts? Bath salts can cause hallucinations and people get freaking crazy when smoking them. Not defending him on it or that its any better but I saw a poster say bath salts and I thought it was spice... anyone know he truth?

I thought that he got caught with Synthetic Marajuana (spice) not bath salts? Bath salts can cause hallucinations and people get freaking crazy when smoking them. Not defending him on it or that its any better but I saw a poster say bath salts and I thought it was spice... anyone know he truth?

It was "spice"/synthetic marijuana.