When you weren't looking...

Jerry Hughes became the best player on the Buffalo Bills.

His stats and effort from last year speak for themselves.

He plays like he has something to prove (from the trade?)

He's young and by all accounts, came to camp razor sharp and ready to dominate.

So when we were all drooling over all the sparkly players on our roster, a superstar walked through the door and took his rightful seat at the head of the table.

Is that how it happens?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry Hughes became the best player on the Buffalo Bills.

His stats and effort from last year speak for themselves.

He plays like he has something to prove (from the trade?)

He's young and by all accounts, came to camp razor sharp and ready to dominate.

So when we were all drooling over all the sparkly players on our roster, a superstar walked through the door and took his rightful seat at the head of the table.

Is that how it happens?

Interesting take. I don't think he was as under the radar as you make him seem. His stats last season were notable and I expect his production to remain the same if not improve.

Hate to rain on the parade as I think he's been a very good role player but you'd be hardpressed to put him in the top 3 defensive lineman even.... Unless you knock out dareus for getting caught when he was racing Hughes.

That's a compliment to our talent at the group, and a respect that Hughes is a role player still - but a very good one.

He may be the best player on the team, but he is the fourth best defensive lineman we have.

Love the guy as a pass rusher. He will get killed on rush downs playing the way he does.

That said, he is a very valuable addition to the team and I'm extremely glad we have him. I imagine he will put up 10 sacks again this year as a designated pass rusher. I'm looking forward to it.

Love Jerry Hughes. Really, and I hope we can use him correctly to bring out the best in him. When I WAS looking, we drafted Sammy. I'd like to see this turn into a runaway OROY at least for him (and US). Reports so far seem to indicate he's kinda good. He amazed me as a freshman and ended his college career with a ridiculous performance. So let's have a dozen Pro Bowlers fighting it out for the best Bill.

He may be the best player on the team, but he is the fourth best defensive lineman we have.

Love the guy as a pass rusher. He will get killed on rush downs playing the way he does.

That said, he is a very valuable addition to the team and I'm extremely glad we have him. I imagine he will put up 10 sacks again this year as a designated pass rusher. I'm looking forward to it.

From what I saw yesterday he was in the middle of disrupting rushing plays as well... I will be back up there in a week, and am anxious to see the improvements that have been made (crossing fingers) and see how he does with pass on...

I know they discussed his (Hughes) and Lawson's role in our defensive scheme, but how is this kid against the run? Is he a three down guy or a one trick pony?

Last year he was utilized as strictly a pass rusher, I anticipate him being used more, if he proves capable

Maybe the same reason they traded for Trent Richardson.

I wonder if there's any envious backlash from this trade with Indy fans.

re-reading the C brown blurb from january...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Jerry-Hughes-trade-among-best-in-NFL-in-2013/192f0b71-c9f8-4eeb-958f-d7f0c3c1a9e0

His 10 sacks represent the most obvious statistic, but according to Pro Football Focus he also had nine quarterback hits and 39 quarterback hurries on the season. With just over 300 pass rush snaps on the season Hughes ranked number one in the NFL in PFF’s Pass Rush Productivity metric with a rating of 15.4.