EJ put on 10 lbs of muscle in offseason

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as be learned to dive and fall down. Otherwise all that weight is still just big and cumbersome.

Until he shows us he knows how to use his size, which is not using it all, I won't be satisfied

Just looked up some big QBs to see how he compares. He mighe be the biggest starter in the league now.

Cam Newton 6'5 245

Kaepernik 6'4 230

Big Ben 6'5 241

Luck 6'4 239

Peyton 6'5 230

Now if he can get us to the playoffs and have some of the success the last 4 have had...

if he's the biggest quarterback in the NFL then i want to see him using his legs more. Cam and Kap run the ball all of the time and they are smaller than EJ apparently. be smart about it sure, but no running around scared like he was at the end of last season. break out of the pocket, grab an easy 10 yards, and slide or run out of bounds. like taking candy from a baby. eventually they will have to account for his running (LB spy) and then that will leave Woods open across the middle

I hope this is a good thing.

Adding muscle isn't always a great thing for quarterbacks.

Depends where it is. If it is in the arms, can affect throwing motion. If it is in the legs, can help with durability and mobility. Most likely, it is spread around. Edited by YoloinOhio

It can't hurt, IMO, to have the extra muscle, simply in terms of staying on the field. Anything else? Who knows if it will help.

I agree. He's going to get knocked around in the pocket and take some shots when he's running in traffic. I hope that his off-season program involved strengthening his knees, because they are going to take some (intentional, see also Belichick,* Pats*) shots as well. Not direct hits, but fists and forearms as a DL is going to the ground beneath Cyrus' massiveness.

Edited: GO BILLS!!!!

Edited by Rivermont Mike

if he's the biggest quarterback in the NFL then i want to see him using his legs more. Cam and Kap run the ball all of the time and they are smaller than EJ apparently. be smart about it sure, but no running around scared like he was at the end of last season. break out of the pocket, grab an easy 10 yards, and slide or run out of bounds. like taking candy from a baby. eventually they will have to account for his running (LB spy) and then that will leave Woods open across the middle

Look at injuries last year and rethink this.

Look at injuries last year and rethink this.

I understand but if EJ isn't a dual-threat QB then what is he good for? there are better "pocket passers" out there. EJ was successful in college because he was dual-threat