What is better, no guns, or more guns?

On 4/22/2023 at 6:56 PM, Andy1 said:

From a 2023 report by the ATF: The ATF found that 54% of traced crime guns were recovered by law enforcement more than three years after their purchase. Those guns were legally purchased, but were later used in crimes, the report indicated.

A huge way those legally purchased firearms get into the hands of criminals is through theft, the ATF said. In five years, there were more than 1 million firearms stolen from private citizens and reported to authorities.

Research done in recent years has emphasized the importance of safely storing guns.  Everytown for Gun Safety, a nonprofit that advocates for gun control, reports that "households that locked both firearms and ammunition were associated with a 78 percent lower risk of self-inflicted firearm injuries and an 85 percent lower risk of unintentional firearm injuries among children and teens, compared to those that locked neither."

Roughly 4.6 million children live in a home with loaded and unlocked firearms, studies have shown. And over 80% of mass shooters at K-12 schools stole guns from family members, according to research funded by the National Institute of Justice (a program of the U.S. Justice Department) that examined mass shootings that took place from 1966 to 2019. Along with the huge bump in gun sales during the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been a subsequent increase in unintentional shootings by children and gunfire on school grounds, according to the Be SMART campaign. The organization, launched to raise awareness on the importance of gun storage, says keeping guns locked, unloaded and away from ammunition can help save children's lives. https://www.npr.org/2023/02/10/1153977949/major-takeaways-from-the-atf-gun-violence-report

My takeaway from this is there are a whole lot of irresponsible gun owners just leaving their guns around the home. People are buying guns with no understanding of the responsibility that goes with gun ownership. Safe storage laws would be a good place to start as most responsible gun owners should support that concept. The gun industry should be pushing safe storage in their media too. 

I'm all for locking up your firearms when you're not at home. Not just for a safety aspect, but I don't want to lose the hard earned money and time I've invested into those firearms. 

Now, how you MAKE someone to buy a safe and lock up their guns... let me know how you enforce that. Let's say I'm a single man, no kids in the home and lets add, I live paycheck to paycheck. I need to pay $300-2500 for a gun safe? 

I'm 100% for mandatory reporting if your firearm is stolen. For some reason, there are people who have their firearm stolen and they never report it. 

20 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

https://www.cnet.com/news/privacy/hacker-dumbs-down-secure-smart-gun-with-15-magnets/

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Two questions, first serious second not- what precise storage law would be effective to accomplish what you want? Why do you believe Everytown when that is like believing Alex Jones? No one takes them seriously when they exaggerate and flat out make things up.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/02/16/parkland-school-shooting-no-there-have-not-been-18-school-shootings-already-year-column/343100002/

“That data point … includes any discharge of a firearm at a school — including accidents — as a ‘shooting.’ It also includes incidents that happened to take place at a school, whether students were involved or not.”

Ridiculous. THIS is my issue with bias propaganda from gun control groups. They count a shooting across the street from a school. They count a drug deal gone bad at the HS football stadium parking lot between two 30-somethings at 3 a.m. on a weekend. Those aren't school shootings.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

CIVIL RIGHTS WIN: 

Colorado House committee kills assault weapons ban after 12-hour testimony.

As introduced, the bill would have prohibited the manufacturing, sale and purchasing of so-called assault weapons in Colorado like AR-15 rifles, which have been used in many mass shootings in the United States in recent decades.

That is the bill over 500 people signed up to speak about on Wednesday, with opponents criticizing it as an unconstitutional attack on their Second Amendment rights and supporters saying it is a necessary, overdue measure to reduce the carnage during shootings.

Epps, however, offered amendments following testimony, which she hinted at during her opening comments. The amendments would have narrowed the bill to apply to rapid-fire trigger activators, such as bump stocks. It was an attempted concession to win over support from Democrats opposed to the sweeping, controversial total ban.

Neither amendment passed, essentially sealing the deal that the bill itself would also fail.

https://coloradonewsline.com/briefs/colorado-house-committee-kills-assault-weapons-ban-after-12-hour-testimony/

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Good thing Lilly didn't have a gun! 

Well, it shows how you try to prevent shootings like what happened in Nashville, from happening. Tell people. If someone is making threats to go in and kill anyone, needs to be reported. Allow due process to take it's course at that point. 

11 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Well, it shows how you try to prevent shootings like what happened in Nashville, from happening. Tell people. If someone is making threats to go in and kill anyone, needs to be reported. Allow due process to take it's course at that point. 

And don't let any yahoo that wants a mass killing machine to get one 

hatefacts1.thumb.JPG.9a75254167aaa9f07c9756802c3ad3cd.JPG

ICD-10 113 Cause List:Assault (homicide) by discharge of firearms (*U01.4,X93-X95)

Year/Month:2021

Group By:Single Race 6; Hispanic Origin

Show Totals:Disabled

Show Zero Values:False

Show Suppressed:False

Calculate Rates Per:100,000

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Gun control won’t swing the election. Biden bring a horrible president will. 

Yeah - sure - tell us more about the Red Wave. 

Tell us what happened in Wisconsin a couple weeks ago.

You’re on the wrong side of every issue. 

Biden will destroy whomever the NRA props up in 2024.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Yeah - sure - tell us more about the Red Wave. 

Tell us what happened in Wisconsin a couple weeks ago.

You’re on the wrong side of every issue. 

Biden will destroy whomever the NRA props up in 2024.

BWHAHAHA

I never talked about any red wave and the abortion issue did have an effect in 2022. Guns will have zero effect on voters in 2024. If it mattered, the new "immature voters" would have done something about it years ago.

People care about jobs, crime, the economy, immigration. If it doesn't directly effect them, they aren't going to care. Most of these new voters will grow up and figure out the real world and become conservatives/libertarian's. Kids love to be progressive when they are 18. Things change when the real world slaps them across the face. 

BTW: I'm wrong about "every issue"? Like being pro-Bill of Rights? Pro-Constitution? Wrong about wanting less government in my life? Wrong about wanting lower taxes? 

Seems like you need to move to Cuba or China Billsy. Strip you of your rights, make the government involved in every aspect of your life. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

BWHAHAHA

I never talked about any red wave and the abortion issue did have an effect in 2022. Guns will have zero effect on voters in 2024. If it mattered, the new "immature voters" would have done something about it years ago.

People care about jobs, crime, the economy, immigration. If it doesn't directly effect them, they aren't going to care. Most of these new voters will grow up and figure out the real world and become conservatives/libertarian's. Kids love to be progressive when they are 18. Things change when the real world slaps them across the face. 

BTW: I'm wrong about "every issue"? Like being pro-Bill of Rights? Pro-Constitution? Wrong about wanting less government in my life? Wrong about wanting lower taxes? 

Seems like you need to move to Cuba or China Billsy. Strip you of your rights, make the government involved in every aspect of your life. 

Guns are most DEFINITELY going to have an impact on the 2024 election. The youth vote is going to crush you on this issue alone.

And you can shove all the rest of your BS about being pro Bill of Rights and Pro Constitution when you gun nuts ignore all of it w the exception of the second amendment.

And just look at all the absolutely pathetic laws currently being passed in the Peoples Repulik of Red States.

You freaks have literally NOTHING to run on…

• Haha (+1) 1

More guns!

Look, we all know the biggest issue in the USA and Canada is drugs, both selling and use.

Of course we need to define the drugs but if the importation, selling and use was eliminated the world would be a better place.

Rather than change gun laws with more and more restrictions why not liberalize the gun laws, with a bonus for shooting users on your property, sellers in your city, importers at borders, and producers anywhere.

Everyone benefits. 

The cost of social programs is reduced, suffering families get closure, jails are not over crowded, liberal judges have less influence, citizens earn bonuses, police can get back to real policing. It seems to me laws are slanted more and more towards users and sellers, let's balance them up.

Last week in Toronto drug charges against 114 people arrested in a major sting of crime family in 2021 were thrown out because 2 addict cops broke into evidence lock up, stole some of the drugs ( 1 over dosed) for their use and a liberal judge said evidence tampering. What is the point of a 3 yr investigation, jails, evidence lock up. Etc. Those 2 cops are the only addicts the courts don't show liberal bias towards. Every other addict is understood to be needy and respected.

So now the public deals with the 114....

See more guns, easier use...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

More guns!

Look, we all know the biggest issue in the USA and Canada is drugs, both selling and use.

Of course we need to define the drugs but if the importation, selling and use was eliminated the world would be a better place.

Rather than change gun laws with more and more restrictions why not liberalize the gun laws, with a bonus for shooting users on your property, sellers in your city, importers at borders, and producers anywhere.

Everyone benefits. 

The cost of social programs is reduced, suffering families get closure, jails are not over crowded, liberal judges have less influence, citizens earn bonuses, police can get back to real policing. It seems to me laws are slanted more and more towards users and sellers, let's balance them up.

Last week in Toronto drug charges against 114 people arrested in a major sting of crime family in 2021 were thrown out because 2 addict cops broke into evidence lock up, stole some of the drugs ( 1 over dosed) for their use and a liberal judge said evidence tampering. What is the point of a 3 yr investigation, jails, evidence lock up. Etc. Those 2 cops are the only addicts the courts don't show liberal bias towards. Every other addict is understood to be needy and respected.

So now the public deals with the 114....

See more guns, easier use...

Now these are the reactionary takes that fuel a reclamation of civilization. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

(continued)

They care about likes and views when they can sensationalize a RARE white on black shooting.

Not a word from David Hogg.

Not a word from AOC.

Not a word from BLM.

No protests.

No riots.

No $3m GoFundMe.

The victims families were not invited to the White House.

NOTHING.

Nobody cares about a black life until it’s ended by a white life. Full stop.

Concern for black lives is only prominent when there’s an opportunity to express disdain for whites.

NOW. SAY THEIR NAMES YOU SELECTIVE OUTRAGE COWARDS.

Shaunkivia Smith, 17

Marsiah Collins, 19

Corbin Holston, 23

Philstavious Dowdell, 18

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

America’s new pastime 

Bangers doing banger things.  

"A police report released Tuesday states witnesses told responding officers that a “large group” of teenagers pulled into the parking lot and began fistfighting. Witnesses then told officers the teenagers began shooting at each other before they fled in their vehicles where it appeared shots were fired from one vehicle towards another, the report states"

"police planned to meet Tuesday morning with city recreation staff to formulate a safety plan “to ensure that our city’s youth can feel safe when playing on our parks and playgrounds,” Jacobs said"  But I thought more parks with things to do stops gun violence

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/life-in-north-charlestons-most-violent-neighborhoods-the-faces-behind-the-statistics/article_2e1f57c8-b37d-11e7-9700-5f0ae77b2923.html

https://abcnews.go.com/US/3rd-shooting-youth-sports-field-days-leaves-hurt/story?id=84428964#:~:text=On April 25%2C a barrage of gunfire interrupted,and their teammates%2C coaches and spectators seeking cover.https://abcnews4.com/news/local/coroner-identifies-16-and-19-year-olds-killed-in-north-charleston-shooting-over-weekend

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

Bangers doing banger things.  

"A police report released Tuesday states witnesses told responding officers that a “large group” of teenagers pulled into the parking lot and began fistfighting. Witnesses then told officers the teenagers began shooting at each other before they fled in their vehicles where it appeared shots were fired from one vehicle towards another, the report states"

"police planned to meet Tuesday morning with city recreation staff to formulate a safety plan “to ensure that our city’s youth can feel safe when playing on our parks and playgrounds,” Jacobs said"  But I thought more parks with things to do stops gun violence

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/life-in-north-charlestons-most-violent-neighborhoods-the-faces-behind-the-statistics/article_2e1f57c8-b37d-11e7-9700-5f0ae77b2923.html

https://abcnews.go.com/US/3rd-shooting-youth-sports-field-days-leaves-hurt/story?id=84428964#:~:text=On April 25%2C a barrage of gunfire interrupted,and their teammates%2C coaches and spectators seeking cover.https://abcnews4.com/news/local/coroner-identifies-16-and-19-year-olds-killed-in-north-charleston-shooting-over-weekend

Excuses excuses... 

It's never easy access to GUNS.

• Eyeroll 1

51 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Excuses excuses... 

It's never easy access to GUNS.

Blacks and whites have equal access to guns. Hell, because of felony conviction rates you could argue that blacks have less access to firearms. Yet criminal shootings are mostly a black problem, as we’ve established in the various crime threads. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Blacks and whites have equal access to guns. Hell, because of felony conviction rates you could argue that blacks have less access to firearms. Yet criminal shootings are mostly a black problem, as we’ve established in the various crime threads. 

What part of I don't give a F who is using the guns.

It's the GD GUNS

F'n idiots

13 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Not even felony rates.  look at gun laws in cities. many make it almost impossible for people to get a permit.  

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

irrelevant 

Kinda is. Facts mater. 

When the media and liberals use total BS information on firearms, the public becomes uninformed on the truth. 

You want to rant and rave about how the pro-Trump people are saying the election is stolen... imagine that's what you hear from ALL media sources? The public starts to believe it and thus, misinformed. 

5 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Kinda is. Facts mater. 

When the media and liberals use total BS information on firearms, the public becomes uninformed on the truth. 

You want to rant and rave about how the pro-Trump people are saying the election is stolen... imagine that's what you hear from ALL media sources? The public starts to believe it and thus, misinformed. 

Yeah, keep spinning and blaming everyone and everything else...

The fact is - we are the ONLY country on this planet with this level of gun violence.

You cannot defend it.

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Yeah, keep spinning and blaming everyone and everything else...

The fact is - we are the ONLY country on this planet with this level of gun violence.

You cannot defend it.

A50A735E-E6DA-4D41-9C78-FB8B2297A97D.thumb.jpeg.4a36a2b5cb8de02c30c9e6eb72cfda99.jpeg

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh, we both know and that's why you are FIGHTING and DENYING the severity of the issue.

Not sure what I'm fighting either. I'm not worried about losing anything. I live in a free state that protects their people from anti-2A nuts. The county I live in is even more pro-2A. 

Yea, not concerned my man. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Not sure what I'm fighting either. I'm not worried about losing anything. I live in a free state that protects their people from anti-2A nuts. The county I live in is even more pro-2A. 

Yea, not concerned my man. 

Doesn't it bother you that lunatics are ruining it for everyone else?

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Doesn't it bother you that lunatics are ruining it for everyone else?

Considering there are 400 million firearms in the United States and a FRACTION of people who have one are criminals? Not really. Bothers me that the media and the left paint a false narrative, making people believe things that aren't factual. 

At least you can admit that most of us are good law abiding citizens. 

• Like (+1) 1