What is better, no guns, or more guns?

11 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

The gun grabbers vs gun nuts.  Hard to find common ground when you start there. 

I guess labeling in this fashion makes folks feel justified in not looking for any possible solutions.

But calling Trump a Nazi...that's fine.

• Like (+1) 1

There is a middle ground here that the vast majority of Americans agree upon.  You can honor the second amendment and the right to bear arms, while regulating the types of arms one can own.  The Supreme Court recognized this in the Heller decision.  It's the people on the fringe that are absurd.  On one hand you have the nuts who are convinced that if you ban semi-automatic and automatic weapons it means Big Government will walk into your house and take over.  And there's the nut cases who believe that all guns are horrible ad that they need to be banned from the earth even tough responsible gun owners do just fine.

It is time for the rational 90% of folks to stand up and be heard.  I plan to be more active in this area, because I'm sick of seeing these senseless shootings.  Expand background checks and make them universal.  Expand the abilities of families to have troubled individuals get mandated help, even if they are of legal age to refuse.  More police at schools.  Severe punishment for those making social media threats.  Reinstate the ban on automatic weapons, and ban large magazines and these bump stocks that allow one to shoot hundreds of bullets.  A

And call out stupidity when you see it.  I sent something to call out Rubio when he said gun laws would not have prevented the Florida tragedy.  Bull. it's simple math.  If you have a gun that can shoot hundreds of bullets in a set time, to do much more damage then if you have a gun that shoots maybe 10-12.  It's math a second grader can do, and it's time to call out that kind of stupidity from politicians and others.

• Like (+1) 2

Age 21 for gun ownership seems like one of these “common sense reforms” a great deal of people would likely get behind.

I don’t think anyone should see that as an assault on essential liberties. Teenagers are often emotional wrecks. It would be something at least...

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you are going to quote God in the courtroom or classroom or Congress?

I'd admire that boss move....  :D

You almost appear to be missing the point on purpose.

Besides, we swear on a bible in court. Why would "quoting God" be so out of place?

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Hospitals kill more!  Ban soap!

Doctors kill more!  Ban colleges!

Perscription drugs kill more! Ban bottles!

Paper cuts on the anus from cheap toilet paper kill more!  Ban !@#$s/Tiberius.

The majority of drunk drivers don’t get an a car accident. Legalize drunk driving! What about all those responsible drunk drivers!!!

lol. JK. I figured I’d continue on with poor comparisons. 

7 minutes ago, Azalin said:

You almost appear to be missing the point on purpose.

Besides, we swear on a bible in court. Why would "quoting God" be so out of place?

half the people swearing in court through my years of attendance have not used a Bible in the US and Canada

sorry Azalin, using God as a connotation word is totally useless in the public square, always has been...

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

And call out stupidity when you see it.  I sent something to call out Rubio when he said gun laws would not have prevented the Florida tragedy.  Bull. it's simple math.  If you have a gun that can shoot hundreds of bullets in a set time, to do much more damage then if you have a gun that shoots maybe 10-12.  It's math a second grader can do, and it's time to call out that kind of stupidity from politicians and others.

Oh, man. Where to start.

You argue above that if we limit the number of bullets a gun can shoot,  that would have kept the Florida shooting from happening because it's simple math.

Did you know CA has a limit on the number of bullets you can load into a gun?

Did you know that number is 10?

Did that stop San Bernardino?

Logic so simple, a second grader can do it.

The reason the people who want to take away guns lose this argument so often is because they try to make it from an emotional appeal, and forego all possible logic.

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

Oh, man. Where to start.

You argue above that if we limit the number of bullets a gun can shoot,  that would have kept the Florida shooting from happening because it's simple math.

Did you know CA has a limit on the number of bullets you can load into a gun?

Did you know that number is 10?

Did that stop San Bernardino?

Logic so simple, a second grader can do it.

The reason the people who want to take away guns lose this argument so often is because they try to make it from an emotional appeal, and forego all possible logic.

To be fair...gun rights advocates often throw logic out the window with the incessant slippery slope arguments.

• Like (+1) 1

In the 80s the nerd always got the girl in the movies. That was the hope the nerds needed to get by. It’s time for Hollywood to bring that back. Lol

Social outcasts have it hard these days with all these social media sites. They get to see in live time all the fun they’re missing out on now. Watching everyone living life like a Budweiser commercial can’t be healthy for them or us. Lol

If you took any of those serious I don’t know what to tell you. 

8 minutes ago, Justice said:

In the 80s the nerd always got the girl in the movies. That was the hope the nerds needed to get by. It’s time for Hollywood to bring that back. Lol

Social outcasts have it hard these days with all these social media sites. They get to see in live time all the fun they’re missing out on now. Watching everyone living life like a Budweiser commercial can’t be healthy for them or us. Lol

If you took any of those serious I don’t know what to tell you. 

yes, it is best to harvest the relationships of those in your blood, extended family and friends and neighbours, a religious element is very very important to keeping this going for generations.

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

half the people swearing in court through my years of attendance have not used a Bible in the US and Canada

sorry Azalin, using God as a connotation word is totally useless in the public square, always has been...

^%$# the public square. I'm talking about constitutional liberties. I don't care whether you or anyone else believes in God or not, and whether or not I do is irrelevant to the point. The American government does not grant us our liberty. They are bestowed upon us by the very fact that we exist. The constitution is a rein on the government's ability to infringe upon them.

11 minutes ago, Azalin said:

^%$# the public square. I'm talking about constitutional liberties. I don't care whether you or anyone else believes in God or not, and whether or not I do is irrelevant to the point. The American government does not grant us our liberty. They are bestowed upon us by the very fact that we exist. The constitution is a rein on the government's ability to infringe upon them.

were you homeschooled and still wear an ironed and startched white shirt-sleeve dress shirt?

i give you perfect freedom to live out your religious beliefs but they are not a part of the deliberations of the public square, hate to break this to you....

12 minutes ago, Justice said:

The majority of drunk drivers don’t get an a car accident. Legalize drunk driving! What about all those responsible drunk drivers!!!

lol. JK. I figured I’d continue on with poor comparisons. 

More people died at work.  Ban money

More people died from heart disease.  Ban "alone"

More people died from skin cancer. Ban the the sun

10 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

To be fair...gun rights advocates often throw logic out the window with the incessant slippery slope arguments.

History is a perfectly logical base on which to build an argument.  You can deny it until you're blue in the face but that doesn't make it untrue.

Just now, Rockpile233 said:

First, they don't hold the market on arguing slippery slope. Talk to far-left person about banning abortions after 20 weeks and watch where the conversation goes. 

Second, until gun grabbers make a coherent, consistent case, they will never be seen as anything but a political nuisance trying to raise money. It's said often, and SHOULD be said often: if gun grabbers want to make a case for more gun control, they should set up shop in Chicago, and every Monday morning they should hold a press conference showing the faces of the 17 people shot that weekend by gangbangers earning stripes. Tweet out the names of the victims, and what their dreams were. Gather the victims' families together on a CNN town hall and talk about what happened.

But they don't. And they won't. Because everything they want for more gun control already takes place in Chicago, and they'd have to point out how their argument is faulty.

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

First, they don't hold the market on arguing slippery slope. Talk to far-left person about banning abortions after 20 weeks and watch where the conversation goes. 

Second, until gun grabbers make a coherent, consistent case, they will never be seen as anything but a political nuisance trying to raise money. It's said often, and SHOULD be said often: if gun grabbers want to make a case for more gun control, they should set up shop in Chicago, and every Monday morning they should hold a press conference showing the faces of the 17 people shot that weekend by gangbangers earning stripes. Tweet out the names of the victims, and what their dreams were. Gather the victims' families together on a CNN town hall and talk about what happened.

But they don't. And they won't. Because everything they want for more gun control already takes place in Chicago, and they'd have to point out how their argument is faulty.

Speaking of Chicago, does anybody know why there’s so much violence there? If I had to guess I’d say it’s drug related. Maybe they should just legalize drugs there and see what happens. 

8 minutes ago, Justice said:

Speaking of Chicago, does anybody know why there’s so much violence there? If I had to guess I’d say it’s drug related. Maybe they should just legalize drugs there and see what happens. 

lots of bad folk and they've been way too permissive since around 1971

on second thought, when wasn't Chicago noted for crazed gun murders, it does have a history.

1 minute ago, Justice said:

I really dig the way you think. We don't know why there is so much violence in Chicago, but let's legalize drugs and see what happens!