Belichick caught cheating again?

I hate that every time Belichick is brought up, someone feels the need to "instruct" Bills fans that we would love it if he were our coach. It falls into the category of "no duh." During MJ's heyday I'm sure every Knick fan would have loved to have him on their team, but they hated him just the same. Same goes for Brady now.

If Belichick is doing something the league prohibits (again), then he shouldn't be "above the law." That's not hate -- it's justice. Just saying, "all coaches do it" isn't relevant (and needs to be proven).

Since Belichick isn't the Bills' coach, screw him and the horse he rode in on.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I would consider fair punishment doesn't matter one bit... If the league considers their messages as a violation if league rules, then it should be treated as such...

So if the league takes action and fines him 20k and calls it a day - you'd be fine?

Or do you think this is worthy of suspension and such?

It's hard to separate he should be punished from atleast some scope of expected punishment

How is it a privacy issue?

Anyway, does anyone think that Marrone had no contact with Dareus after he was busted in early May?

Poor word choice perhaps but I meant in the sense of not wanting coaches intruding into offseason life and potentially pressuring guys into complying. They get to go home and take some private time away from the team.

He never was a good coach until he had Brady. Check the records. He was Dick Jauron pre Brady.

Understood. Go down the list of great coaches, though; how many didn't have superior QBs? I can't think of one.

I hate that every time Belichick is brought up, someone feels the need to "instruct" Bills fans that we would love it if he were our coach. It falls into the category of "no duh." During MJ's heyday I'm sure every Knick fan would have loved to have him on their team, but they hated him just the same. Same goes for Brady now.

If Belichick is doing something the league prohibits (again), then he shouldn't be "above the law." That's not hate -- it's justice. Just saying, "all coaches do it" isn't relevant (and needs to be proven).

Since Belichick isn't the Bills' coach, screw him and the horse he rode in on.

"Someone" wasn't instructing anyone to do anything. And if it fell into the "no duh," category, then why was it met with such resistance?

I'm not saying that cheating is okay. I'm GUESSING that it is commonplace - as it is in all sports. I believe those caught should be punished.

But let's all be honest, here ... what's the big fugging deal? Coaches and players talk in the offseason. It's a dumb rule and if they punish anyone for violating it, it should be strictly monetary.

This is like pulling someone over for doing 31 in a 30.

Edited by Gugny

He's the best coach ever in the NFL. If he was in Buffalo, we'd all love him. I, for one, respect the hell out of him; and Brady - who could possibly be the best QB to ever play in the NFL. And if HE was a Bill, we'd all love him, too.

They win. A lot. And fans of other teams - especially other AFC East teams - are simply jealous.

I don't know if he is the bet coach ever, but you are probably right that if Belichick and Brady were Buffalo Bills, we would all love them. That, however, is not the case. They are hated rivals who have laughed at and disrespected our city and team, not to mention beaten us like drums. I for one do not respect Belichick even a little bit. I think he is an arrogant jerk, and a serial cheater. I may be jealous of New England's success, but that is far different from liking or respecting those two turds.

I don't know if he is the bet coach ever, but you are probably right that if Belichick and Brady were Buffalo Bills, we would all love them. That, however, is not the case. They are hated rivals who have laughed at and disrespected our city and team, not to mention beaten us like drums. I for one do not respect Belichick even a little bit. I think he is an arrogant jerk, and a serial cheater. I may be jealous of New England's success, but that is far different from liking or respecting those two turds.

I don't recall the Belichick regime being disrespectful to Buffalo or the Bills. I remember the Carroll-era regime doing that. They beat us like a drum because they've just been better. But they've been better than most teams. The tables are turning. We should have had them last year. This year, we'll get 'em.

He's the best coach ever in the NFL. If he was in Buffalo, we'd all love him. I, for one, respect the hell out of him; and Brady - who could possibly be the best QB to ever play in the NFL. And if HE was a Bill, we'd all love him, too.

They win. A lot. And fans of other teams - especially other AFC East teams - are simply jealous.

IF you consider cheating as part of being the best coach ever. Well you are entitled to that opinion.

Look, I know a lot of coaches try to get an advantage one way or another but IMO Belicheat has far exceeded the antics of other coaches.

I'd love to have the time to research how many NFL teams have headset communication failures for the visiting teams compared to NE.

how many NFL teams have spygate type film of opponents. We know of the NYETS here's another player who won't let it go.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/30/marshall-faulk-patriots-cheated-the-rams-out-of-a-super-bowl/

And lets not forget the weekly fictitious injury reports.

I don't recall the Belichick regime being disrespectful to Buffalo or the Bills. I remember the Carroll-era regime doing that. They beat us like a drum because they've just been better. But they've been better than most teams. The tables are turning. We should have had them last year. This year, we'll get 'em.

Depends on how you view running up the score on a clearly beaten opponent. They've done that to us on a number of occasions. I also recall Tommy Boy's Esquire interview a few years back when he talked about loving to do that, using a Bills game example (audibling away from a 3rd and 1 run late in a blowout to a long TD pass to Moss).

Personally, one of my dreams is we return the favor to both BB and TB before they retire

Edited by MattM

So Barry Bonds cheats and he can't get into the hall of fame but Belichick cheats and nothing happens.

Barry Bonds was good before steroids. Was Belicheat good before Tom Brady and cheating? Nope. He had a coaching record of 41-55 before they got Brady

"Someone" wasn't instructing anyone to do anything. And if it fell into the "no duh," category, then why was it met with such resistance?

I'm not saying that cheating is okay. I'm GUESSING that it is commonplace - as it is in all sports. I believe those caught should be punished.

But let's all be honest, here ... what's the big fugging deal? Coaches and players talk in the offseason. It's a dumb rule and if they punish anyone for violating it, it should be strictly monetary.

This is like pulling someone over for doing 31 in a 30.

Well, the "resistance" comes, I suppose, from fans who think BB's success is all because of Brady. All we need to do is look at the Super Bowl XXV Giants gameplan on D to understand that's not true. Anyway, continuing to talk about what a great coach BB is really just shoves it in all of our faces...and who needs that? We already know we've sucked for more than a decade.

The rule is in place, I suppose, to prevent coaches from putting undo pressure on players outside of CBA-proscribed team activities. It's an NFLPA issue.

He cheated in Superbowl XXV with numerous fake injuries on 'D' to screw up the cadence of the no huddle, and to make substitutions. The Injury Timeout rule was established thanks to Billy. Why should anything about this guy ever change? Some of you have short memories.

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

What would Bill Billicheat have done with the pile of dog poo playing here in Buffalo the last 14 years?

The answer: Jack Ch.it.

Hate to say Tom Brady is great, but he saved the franchise. Give me Brady over Billicheat anyday of the year.

Even if he dances like this

This video is funny. Wilfork is being interviewed and Brady is trying to open a package of what seems like a terrible towel or something. He cant open it, but gives it to him after anyways.

Depends on how you view running up the score on a clearly beaten opponent. They've done that to us on a number of occasions. I also recall Tommy Boy's Esquire interview a few years back when he talked about loving to do that, using a Bills game example (audibling away from a 3rd and 1 run late in a blowout to a long TD pass to Moss).

Personally, one of my dreams is we return the favor to both BB and TB before they retire

There's a way to prevent a team from running up the score ... stop them. And I would love to see the Bills do it to the Patriots, too.

All of you that condone Belicheats tactics are lemmings and ultimately show your lack of integrity. Gaining a competitive advantage is one thing, straight out violating the rules is another. The funny thing is, the worst things that he's done we don't even know about because the NFL has gotten rid of the evidence to protect him and the Cheats so the league doesn't look bad. Unfortunately the NFL has become big business and all is fair in love and big business.

All of you that condone Belicheats tactics are lemmings and ultimately show your lack of integrity. Gaining a competitive advantage is one thing, straight out violating the rules is another. The funny thing is, the worst things that he's done we don't even know about because the NFL has gotten rid of the evidence to protect him and the Cheats so the league doesn't look bad. Unfortunately the NFL has become big business and all is fair in love and big business.

I don't see the need for name-calling.

It's just a game.

And this has been a very civil discussion.