T A&M Threatens lawsuit against Bills fan website

Once you get all the facts from the article that I posted below, you will realize that no lawsuit notice was served this week, only a complaint filed with Google and a UDRP complaint.

A&M, as would any other institution holding a trademark, filed a UDRP (Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy) complaint and a complaint with Google to stop searches from redirecting to the renamed Bills Fan Thunder website when they do a search for "12th Man Thunder" which is where the 12th Man Thunder domain name still goes today. A&M only wants the redirect taken care of. A&M has done nothing to cause Sonntag to hire an attorney and done nothing to hurt him financially. A&M is working with Sonntag to resolve this. They are just protecting a legally obtained trademark. The Bills and Seahawks both reached an agreement with A&M to use the trademark for a fee.

Here is a link to an article from the Bryan College Station Eagle newspaper, which gives details that the Buffalo articles left out in order to generate more sympathy for Sonntag and more anger with A&M

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/texas-a-m-website-founder-butt-heads-over-th-man/article_cb13a581-9664-5933-8392-466490f9f8cd.html

Do I like what my college is doing, no not really, especially to a fellow Bills fan and someone dealing with a great hardship with him being handicapped. I do understand why they're doing it, because if they didn't protect a trademark, it may result in future infringements. What caused them to go after 12th Man Thunder.com and not after other cited and alleged violations, I don't know. All I know is A&M currently is doing nothing to hurt Sonntag financially and is working with him to get the dispute resolved with no financial hardship.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you get all the facts from the article that I posted below, you will realize that no lawsuit notice was served this week, only a complaint filed with Google and a UDRP complaint.

A&M, as would any other institution holding a trademark, filed a UDRP (Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy) complaint and a complaint with Google to stop searches from redirecting to the renamed Bills Fan Thunder website when they do a search for "12th Man Thunder" which is where the 12th Man Thunder domain name still goes today. A&M only wants the redirect taken care of. A&M has done nothing to cause Sonntag to hire an attorney and done nothing to hurt him financially. A&M is working with Sonntag to resolve this. They are just protecting a legally obtained trademark. The Bills and Seahawks both reached an agreement with A&M to use the trademark for a fee.

Here is a link to an article from the Bryan College Station Eagle newspaper, which gives details that the Buffalo articles left out in order to generate more sympathy for Sonntag and more anger with A&M

http://www.theeagle....6490f9f8cd.html

Do I like what my college is doing, no not really, especially to a fellow Bills fan and someone dealing with a great hardship with him being handicapped. I do understand why they're doing it, because if they didn't protect a trademark, it may result in future infringements. What caused them to go after 12th Man Thunder.com and not after other cited and alleged violations, I don't know. All I know is A&M currently is doing nothing to hurt Sonntag financially and is working with him to get the dispute resolved with no financial hardship.

I'm confused. A&M owns/controls the pharse/words 12th Man and any versions of it such as 12th- Man, The 12th Man, Twelfth Man, etc?

Edited by Hammered a Lot

I'm confused. A&M owns/controls the pharse/words 12th Man and and any versions of it such as 12th- Man, The 12th Man, Twelfth Man, etc?

That is, roughly speaking, the point of all this.

They do. They asked him to stop. He seemingly didn't take it seriously enough.

I live in Houston and many MANY of the A&M folks I've met are honestly mouthbreathers; so this comes as no surprise. I better be careful though, they may have trademarked "Mouthbreather"

Also, how would this hold up in court if there is no financial or commercial harm coming to A&M.... and if The 12th Man can be trademarked, why can't Quarterback, pigskin, gridiron, etc all be trademarked.

that is actually because they are from Houston, a hell hole full of fat dumb Texas jabronies.

Arizona is suing a small high school in our area (Appomattox High School) because it says the HS is using its "A." D1 schools are pretty fierce about TM protection. Link: http://www.newsadvan...html?TNNoMobile

Appomattox, VA? Nice little town with the smallest Kroger and strangest Mexican joint I've ever ate at.

Alternatives:

- "One more than the 11th Man"

- "One less than the 13th Man"

- "The 12th Non-Gender Specific Person"

- "The 12th Player, Not Actually on the Field, which would be a Penalty"

"odd man out that isnt really out but not in"

" person that screams alot to make it seem that there is one extra player on the feild"

"odd man out that isnt really out but not in"

" person that screams alot to make it seem that there is one extra player on the feild"

"we love our fans like an extra player but we cant have 12 and the 11th guy really is more valuable still"

I know a lot / most of you hate Olberman. But last night on his show he had this story as his "Worst" on the Worst of the Worse segment. He absolutely destroyed Texas A&M and it was fantastic.

Edit: Guess it's called World's Worst segment. Same difference.

Edited by Mark80

I know a lot / most of you hate Olberman. But last night on his show he had this story as his "Worst" on the Worst of the Worse segment. He absolutely destroyed Texas A&M and it was fantastic.

I'm sorry I missed that. Maybe I can catch it on youtube