Marijuna related health problems on the rise in US

!@#$ SF I live in Oaksterdam baby! It's like the Napa valley for bud. So anyway I am completely pain free from my sciatica for the first time in nearly four months. So what do I do this morning? I tweak my lower back lifting bags of river rock. WTFH!?!? I'm thinking the Glock is my best pain remedy at this point.

Nooo! That sucks, man. Sorry to hear that. But glad that you found (temporary) relief from your back pain. But that will teach ya. :)

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!@#$ SF I live in Oaksterdam baby! It's like the Napa valley for bud. So anyway I am completely pain free from my sciatica for the first time in nearly four months. So what do I do this morning? I tweak my lower back lifting bags of river rock. WTFH!?!? I'm thinking the Glock is my best pain remedy at this point.

Illustrating the second-biggest marijuana-related health problem: it makes people do stupid **** and hurt themselves.

(The biggest health problem being, of course, the learned tone deafness caused by listening to too much Tom Petty music.)

What kind of pot is "river rock" and why did you need bags of it? Are you hooked in just a few days?

Illustrating the second-biggest marijuana-related health problem: it makes people do stupid **** and hurt themselves.

Sorry but I don't need weed to make me do stupid ****. All I need is to wake up and the stupid **** just comes along.

What kind of pot is "river rock" and why did you need bags of it? Are you hooked in just a few days?

It's a smooth rounded kind of blue buzz man. And yeah I'm hooked.

Back pain is the worst. I had cronic back problems but found a way--without pot-- to fix it. Playing hockey can be murder on lower back. Do you stretch a lot? Touching your toes really stretches out your back, too. But what really worked for me was getting a weight bar and using real light weights just standing up straight with weight bar in hands across theighs, bending over slightly to mid point and back up. Don't do to failure, just a couple of times to activate the back muscles. Fixed me up fine. I do that a couple times a week and my back is much better. Hope that helps

Why would he want to do that when he can be entirely pain free... and high?

Because I'm neither. The sciatica came back yesterday. Not as bad but it's back. I spent three nights in the guest bed (nothing but a sofa bed) because I was keeping the wife up with my pain symptoms. I slept in our bed Monday and it came back. I can't imagine a sofa bed would be any better for my back than our nice bed but who knows. I'm not high because I only smoked one day and it didn't do anything for the back either so I'll use it for "special occasions". Now I've been on double dose of steroids which may help but who knows. Once I'm done with the steroids I'll get an epidural then anti-inflammatories. Then if that doesn't work it's surgery which is a "simple" out patient procedure.

So marijuana as the miracle drug is not the case for me anyway.

Yup. She gave up. It actually got progressively worse while going to her. I don't blame that on the procedure but she said she's never seen anyone not improve after her sessions.

Wow, then it is serious.

(Not saying that acupuncture is the cure, but it usually does enough to break the muscle hold on the nerve in many sciatica cases)

Wow, then it is serious.

(Not saying that acupuncture is the cure, but it usually does enough to break the muscle hold on the nerve in many sciatica cases)

The neurosurgeon said I had some very conflicting symptoms. The pain was incredible and it was unbelievable that for two days this weekend it was completely gone and I can't for the life of me figure out why. Time for some process of elimination.

Because I'm neither. The sciatica came back yesterday. Not as bad but it's back. I spent three nights in the guest bed (nothing but a sofa bed) because I was keeping the wife up with my pain symptoms. I slept in our bed Monday and it came back. I can't imagine a sofa bed would be any better for my back than our nice bed but who knows. I'm not high because I only smoked one day and it didn't do anything for the back either so I'll use it for "special occasions". Now I've been on double dose of steroids which may help but who knows. Once I'm done with the steroids I'll get an epidural then anti-inflammatories. Then if that doesn't work it's surgery which is a "simple" out patient procedure.

So marijuana as the miracle drug is not the case for me anyway.

Damn, man. Sorry to hear you're in such rough shape. Hope it gets better soon. Back pain is the worst.