104 members have voted

1. 1. Team USA or Team B'Lo?

• Team USA wins 2014 World Cup
    • The Buffalo Bills win the 2014 AFC East

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you have against synchronized swimming?

Or soccer for that matter. I'm not suggesting everybody needs to be a fan. But the American talking points on why soccer BLOWS have worn pretty thin, they've been by and large dismissed and for Americans born after 1990, they fall on deaf ears.

When I hear someone roll them out I just go blank. Ignorance, aint nobody got time for that. Better start swimmin, or you'll sink like a stone.

(I voted for the Bills choice)

Soccer is right above synchronized swimming on the list of sports

BDT - I laughed from the belly on this one. Thanks.

it's funny last night I'm picking up takeout from Carrabbas and had a glass of wine while waiting for the order. This guy next to me tries to convince me the NFL will be overtaken by soccer in the next 30 years in the US. He cites how moms aren't letting their sons play football, and how soccer is getting so popular at the lower levels.

My response was simply, "have you ever seen Friday night lights here in FL?". Have ever been to AL or Texas? Dude,mthe best athletes by far are in football, basketball, and baseball. It's even close the level of athletic ability for these kids down here. They start tackle practice in August for the competitive football as early as 6 years old 6 days a week in August. They have off season leagues for skills development and so on.

Soccer will never I mean ever take off like our major sports, and just because I live in the south we don't have as much hockey, but it is growing. Hell,mew have a fast growing sport in FL in Lacrosse over soccer.

Okay...except if the USA won...WON...the World Cup, it'd be a big !@#$ing deal. Here and throughout the world.

I don't think anyone here would dispute that.

Now let me retort by adding a different comparison.

What is more devastating? The USA losing in the World Cup Championship Game, or the Bills losing a playoff game?

This guy next to me tries to convince me the NFL will be overtaken by soccer in the next 30 years in the US. He cites how moms aren't letting their sons play football, and how soccer is getting so popular at the lower levels.

The soccer people have been making this argument since 1967 when soccer came to America again. We're now 3 or 4 generations in. Once these kids playing soccer grow up they'e going to watch soccer and go to games they say. It is more popular now than it has ever been, but is still, a distant 5th or 6th in fan appeal behind football, baseball, basketball, and NASCAR, and maybe hockey.

Football's biggest problem is the concussion thing which could be it's downfall if they don't figure something out.