Whitner calls out Sammy, Bills fans,Tim Graham,Talley...

I lost count on how many times that I sw Donte WHIFFner whiff on a tackle. "Over pursuit" is WHIFFner's game. Glad he is outta here.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitner v. Graham: battle of (t)wits between two overrated guys with inflated self-opinions. I'll just sit back and watch.

Love Sammy's reaction, by the way -- basically, shut up and play, "veteran."

i think whitner is a great complimentary player. he seems to try to play like i remember leonard smith...looking for the big hit. but this style of play really exposes coverage limitations. also, the guy seems to have a rather inflated self opinion. and he loves to run his mouth on the social media and cry foul when the social media hits back. all in all, his diva level seems to be waaaaaay above his talent level, but if he would keep his mouth shut and play ball, i think the overall opinion of him would be much different.

why do teams just keep paying him...? thats what I cannot understand

The Browns let TJ Ward walk as a FA because they didn't want to pay him. According to Ward, the Browns did not even reach out to him to offer a contract. I guess they assumed he would cost too much. They replaced him with Whitner who is from Cleveland and SF didn't want him, so I think he chose to play out his career at home. He is not an upgrade from Ward, IMO, but Ward was also a liability in coverage/much better player against the run. I think Pettine's plan was to have dominant corners which would allow him to not need "elite" Safeties.

Whitner is an idiot on Twitter and I see no reason to poke at the Bills when we need to play them and clearly Watkins could have a chip for the Browns essentially passing on him when they needed a WR. Not a good move by Whitner. I have a hard time believing that any OSU DB, past or present, could cover Watkins. Let alone this guy who specializes in the old one shoulder tackle.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

Another nice vid

That first play, he's doing what he's supposed to be doing as a safety: keeping the play in front of him. That scheme looks screwed up.

The second play...not even God knows what he was doing.

I forgot about this one

Another nice vid

The first happens to the best of them.

The second, seriously, McNabb is an idiot. The first play, as Tom points out is not on Whitner. That is a scheme and coverage issue. Whitner moving there at the snap shows he went to his assignment. The second play he was just beat.

Not sure who was paying attention last year, but Whitner had a terrific season in SF -- his best one by far. He definitely was an upper echelon safety last year.

Because he was one of the better safeties in the nfl last season ...

He had 15 passes defensed, which for safeities was one of the best in the entire nfl.

Yikes - Browns fans going after Graham. They must think we haven't already covered that...

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham · 8m

Thanks! I do have fun! I'm from Cleveland MT
have fun living in buffalo, what a s*** hole. And that's coming from a clevelander

AW, ya'll...

Aaron Williams@ajwilliams23 16m

@DonteWhitner @sammywatkins 11/30/14 nough said! #BelieveThat

Aaron Williams@ajwilliams23 5m

Trust me when I say everyone at Ralph Wilson Stadium been waitin for you. #BillsMafia #RiseUp

Tim Graham appears to not have followed the 49ers last season either.

Last year. He was the 6th ranked safety in coverage by PFF last year. After getting torched in the Super Bowl he must have made an effort to improve. Whitner is a decent football player but is being paid like a great one.

Yep, he has definitely improved. H's not actually being paid that much, relatively speaking.

Edited by dave mcbride

Three pages of jealousy because we let a pro bowler walk.

Seriously?? Most people were simply pointing out what an ass he was for calling out Sammy Watkins for nothing. He's not the worst safety in the world but he's not as good as his trash talking ego thinks he is either. But whatever...

Edited by ExWNYer

I like Watkins already, we need some more players with a swagger. Like to see Stevie still here with him so he can school him on getting off the line but Sammy is gonna feed off of this.

Let just see how many TD's Sammy can get going over the deep middle.

Whitner is a joke. He really should just shut up and go away.

Three pages of jealousy because we let a pro bowler walk.

Yea. I was really jealous on how he got torched in the Super Bowl. Brilliant post Einstein.