Whitner calls out Sammy, Bills fans,Tim Graham,Talley...

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitner's biggest play with the 49ers was a play where he knocked himself out in a playoff game. They couldn't wait to upgrade SS.

We should ignore him. He will grudge as long as we listen because he was never worthy of #9.

The thing which in interested me most in relation to Whitner was a listing of the top 10 safties in the NFL which not only listed Williams as #6 but did not include Whitner on this list at all. Perhaps it actually distinguished between free and strong safties and this somehow led to Witner being left off the list, but it did have Pollard listed at @2 and my memory is that when the Bills chose Witner in the first, Pollard was on the list of safeties remaining.

The choice of Witner at #9 that year was lampooned by many who claimed you never took a safety with a top 10 pick, but this old saw struck me as a mistake to apply because after all, Whitner was not even the first safety taken in that draft. I think 3 (if not 4 safeties went in the first round that year and the Bills had clearly left a hole at S they needed to fill one way or the other in that draft. Though I think Whiner was not a bad choice at the time, it is ironic to say the least that Williams and Pollard turned out to be arguably better players.

My last memory of a Dante as a Bill was watching him get dragged by a receiver down the field for a first down.......

My first memory was his first game as a rookie he picked off a Brady pass that would have sealed a victory for us. But of course it was called back on a highly questionable call, and pats ended up winning. Post-game interview he pretty much called it out as a bogus, pats-friendly call. I give him credit for not backing down

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Whitner has to do something to stay relevant. Last year it was all about changing his name to Hitner. Then when he sucked he decided not to apparently. Embarrassing. Guy is a joke

Yep, he's toast.

Whitner is a decent football player that has improved in coverage. He went from awful to pretty good.

When did that happen ? He's brutal in coverage still.

Whitner's biggest play with the 49ers was a play where he knocked himself out in a playoff game. They couldn't wait to upgrade SS.

Yup. He held the 49ers back, probably cost them a Super Bowl as the weak link on D.

When did that happen ? He's brutal in coverage

I don't think many around here realize how spoiled we've been at safety a lot of the last decade. The guys we hate on that were on our roster range between decent/average to great at the position. I'm hoping we don't see some of the truly bad safety play that some teams deal with any given sunday.

Edited by NoSaint

Whitner has to do something to stay relevant. Last year it was all about changing his name to Hitner. Then when he sucked he decided not to apparently. Embarrassing. Guy is a joke

He decided not to change his name during the season because the NFL would have made him buy all the remaining Whitner jerseys. I assume after the season someone told him how retarded the idea was and he backed off changing his name.

When did that happen ? He's brutal in coverage still.

Last year. He was the 6th ranked safety in coverage by PFF last year. After getting torched in the Super Bowl he must have made an effort to improve. Whitner is a decent football player but is being paid like a great one.

Is there a link or video to something sammy said? I don't understand what started this and judging by Sammy's tweet he doesn't either.

He didn't say anything, really. The only link is to the article on cleveland.com earlier in the thread where he said he was looking forward to that game, etc. Maybe Whitner was mad because he mentioned Haden and not him...

Whitner can go count his money that the Browns foolishly gave him

The Browns actually let T.J. Ward go so they could sign this guy?

They let Ward walk because they didn't want to pay him. Whitner makes less. But Ward is younger and was 2nd team all pro, I believe.