Truly bad movies you're embarrassed to admit you like

Rubes

Late June and early July. Sports wasteland. So, since movies seem to be a hot topic, how about this one:

What movies that you know are truly just bad movies are you completely embarrassed to admit that you like?

I'll start it off. Just saw some movie called "Pitch Perfect" while channel surfing. The synopsis sounded ridiculous, but Anna Kendrick was in it, so I braced myself and forced my way through a few minutes. I ended up watching the whole thing. Just not a good movie, and I'm not even close to the target audience, but for some insane reason I liked it. Totally embarrassed to admit that.

I also just saw "Pacific Rim" the same way. What a complete mess that movie is, although I guess the special effects are pretty amazing. But despite being described by one critic as "all the unpredictability of professional wrestling plus the magic of synchronized Stairmasters," for some reason I just can't stop watching it. Please don't tell anyone.

Okay, you're next.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late June and early July. Sports wasteland. So, since movies seem to be a hot topic, how about this one:

What movies that you know are truly just bad movies are you completely embarrassed to admit that you like?

I'll start it off. Just saw some movie called "Pitch Perfect" while channel surfing. The synopsis sounded ridiculous, but Anna Kendrick was in it, so I braced myself and forced my way through a few minutes. I ended up watching the whole thing. Just not a good movie, and I'm not even close to the target audience, but for some insane reason I liked it. Totally embarrassed to admit that.

I also just saw "Pacific Rim" the same way. What a complete mess that movie is, although I guess the special effects are pretty amazing. But despite being described by one critic as "all the unpredictability of professional wrestling plus the magic of synchronized Stairmasters," for some reason I just can't stop watching it. Please don't tell anyone.

Okay, you're next.

Pacific Rim is at 72% on Rotten Tomatoes with 254 critical reviews and an average score of 6.7/10. I don't really think that qualifies as a truly bad movie. It also has a 7.1 rating on IMDB.

Edited by Fingon

Pacific Rim is at 72% on Rotten Tomatoes with 254 critical reviews and an average score of 6.7/10. I don't really think that qualifies as a truly bad movie. It also has a 7.1 rating on IMDB.

We could talk for hours about that over a beer sometime: the difference between a good movie (or song) and a popular one...

Starship Troopers. Some of the worst acting of all time, but I still love it. It is a cult classic though, so I don't know if it qualifies. I've owned it on VHS, DVD, and Blu-Ray.

Edited by Mark80

I am sorry to say

Action -- The Quick and the Dead --------(Stone/Hackman/Crowe)

Comedy -- The New Guy

I could not be more embarrassed, but I will continue to watch them when they are on.

We could talk for hours about that over a beer sometime: the difference between a good movie (or song) and a popular one...

Except in this case the Rottentomatoes score is an average of movie critics and the IMDB one is an average derived from movie fans. So it's not only popular but it's also deemed good by critics. Grown Ups is an example of a truly bad movie that is popular.

Maybe not, but I still consider it a pretty bad movie, all things considered.

I disagree wholeheartedly on Pitch Perfect.Love that movie, but I do not think it is a bad movie....I think it is really good!

But I also watch Glee cause I like it, so there's that.

The Flash Gordon from late 70's with the Quenn soundtrack...that is just god awful and I love it.

I disagree wholeheartedly on Pitch Perfect.Love that movie, but I do not think it is a bad movie....I think it is really good!

But I also watch Glee cause I like it, so there's that.

The Flash Gordon from late 70's with the Quenn soundtrack...that is just god awful and I love it.

Dude.