It's on like a mofo: NBA edition...Lebron opts out of Miami

Buftex

I liked LBJ when he entered the league, hated the decision and loved Dirk and the Mavs winning the finals against the Heat. The last few years LBJ has grown on me again, I understand wanting to play in Miami with his buddies, I still think staying in Cleveland was the right move but can see his POV. I'm hoping with Kyrie signing the extension and all the young talent that LeBron heads back home. Would be great to see the Cavs get some rings.

Edited by NDBUFFCUSEFAN

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GHEtL2UX_normal.jpegChris Broussard @Chris_Broussard · 51m

These convos aren't sourced enough 4 me to report as fact. But I've heard enough to believe "the wind is blowing" LJ back home. We'll see...

GHEtL2UX_normal.jpegChris Broussard @Chris_Broussard · 54m

I'm not saying LJ to Cavs is done deal or I know 4 a fact; just my gut feeling based on many conversations I've had around this story...

Whoa...

Lebron would go from my most hated athlete (not really anymore, but he was a few years ago) to my most loved non Buffalo athlete!

wow, i would most likely be the opposite BBB, but that's all based on speculation, and that just based on what happened and how I interpreted events, so i could have been dead wrong.

I would have thought by all 3 opting out that there was a tacit agreement to all sign back in Miami. No way Wade or Bosh getting that same money now, and without LeBron, no way are they a championship team. So i assumed they all agreed together and take less to add a name or two and compete for more championships.

Then i hear this, and i think he is going back on the agreement(again HUGE assumption on my part). I mean Wade and Bosh i would think get $10M less, at least, on the open market than their $20M guarantee...just wow

BBB: agreed. Lebron to Cleveland would turn him from a villain into a hero.

As great of a player as Lebron is, he has no historical legacy. Great player who joined up with 2 other superstars to game the system in a city with no sports tradition isn't something history will recall fondly.

Returning to his hometown and bringing a title to Cleveland has the potential to be historic.

wow, i would most likely be the opposite BBB, but that's all based on speculation, and that just based on what happened and how I interpreted events, so i could have been dead wrong.

I would have thought by all 3 opting out that there was a tacit agreement to all sign back in Miami. No way Wade or Bosh getting that same money now, and without LeBron, no way are they a championship team. So i assumed they all agreed together and take less to add a name or two and compete for more championships.

Then i hear this, and i think he is going back on the agreement(again HUGE assumption on my part). I mean Wade and Bosh i would think get $10M less, at least, on the open market than their $20M guarantee...just wow

I root for all things Cleveland, when not in conflict with Buffalo.................Somebody has got to break this Lake Erie jinx! (I feel we are kindred spirits with them)

If CB goes to Houston, which I think he will, Melo goes to Miami and Lebron resigns with the HEAT for a short term deal. That's my guess.

Imagine that Houston team: Harden, D12, Bosch, Parsons and Beverly... that's a big upgrade for Houston.

Edited by GreggyT

BBB: agreed. Lebron to Cleveland would turn him from a villain into a hero.

As great of a player as Lebron is, he has no historical legacy. Great player who joined up with 2 other superstars to game the system in a city with no sports tradition isn't something history will recall fondly.

Returning to his hometown and bringing a title to Cleveland has the potential to be historic.

It definitely would. It would be unlike anything I can think of................People root for the underdog (Cleveland) - not the glamor city of Miami.

I saw a tweet yesterday that said it would be great if he announced it by saying "I'm taking my talents to Edgewater Beach"

It definitely would. It would be unlike anything I can think of................People root for the underdog (Cleveland) - not the glamor city of Miami.

I saw a tweet yesterday that said it would be great if he announced it by saying "I'm taking my talents to Edgewater Beach"

If he goes to Cleveland, who do they have to pair him with? Irving, Lebron and Wiggins isn't enough to beat Chicago, let alone San Antonio or OKC. They'd need more help and wouldn't have the cap space for it this year.

I read that Kevin Love is still in play. Probably Wiggins for Love.

That would certainly be interesting if it happens. Love, Irving, and Lebron is dangerous. Still not sure it's enough for Lebron though. I do think he will go back to Cleveland eventually, I'm just doubtful it'll be this contract with the way the Cavs are structured. If it happens, it'd be great for the town though.

This is the most fascinating free agency period I have seen.

Just a series of collective action problems. The Heat can't build their team because LeBron won't commit to them. Bosh might get tempted by the Rockets, which would cause the Heat to probably lose out on both LeBron and Bosh.

A lot of other teams and players are stuck due to Carmelo waiting on his decision too.

This is the most fascinating free agency period I have seen.

Just a series of collective action problems. The Heat can't build their team because LeBron won't commit to them. Bosh might get tempted by the Rockets, which would cause the Heat to probably lose out on both LeBron and Bosh.

A lot of other teams and players are stuck due to Carmelo waiting on his decision too.

For sure, it's entertaining as hell, but I'm also a hoop head. Everyone seems to be waiting for Lebron but I heard a theory today that sounds ridiculous but might happen... Lebron could be playing Bosch. Rather than going back on his word, or Reilly going back on his, maybe Lebron is pushing Bosch towards the Rockets in order to bring Mello to Miami. If Bosch jumps first, Lebron can rebuild the big-three in Miami (which is the only way they can win) without looking like he manipulated things.

Too conspiratorial to be true, but interesting to think about.

For sure, it's entertaining as hell, but I'm also a hoop head. Everyone seems to be waiting for Lebron but I heard a theory today that sounds ridiculous but might happen... Lebron could be playing Bosch. Rather than going back on his word, or Reilly going back on his, maybe Lebron is pushing Bosch towards the Rockets in order to bring Mello to Miami. If Bosch jumps first, Lebron can rebuild the big-three in Miami (which is the only way they can win) without looking like he manipulated things.

Too conspiratorial to be true, but interesting to think about.

Haha; this would be something else. Lebron is a shrewd operator and I wouldn't put this by him. I have been wondering whether the Cavs story was just smoke.

The only problem-- what team is willing to take wade off of his hands?! Maybe Riley is the bad guy and refuses to re-sign wade.