It's on like a mofo: NBA edition...Lebron opts out of Miami

Buftex

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like this tweet (except for the picture of Butler Gym #bonas):

b1ee6d4683dd4ca6e32237cae905a518_normal.jpegAdrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 50m

No guarantees made, but Danny Granger/Josh McRoberts committed to Heat w/ strong belief LeBron James will be a teammate, sources tell Yahoo.

These are really weak signings by the heat. I can't imagine that lebron's going to put much stock in them.

These are really weak signings by the heat. I can't imagine that lebron's going to put much stock in them.

Yeah, I don't think so either. I just don't like that they believe he'll be there.

The anticipation is killing me. When are these guys actually going to sign?

I would love to see bosh jump and take the Houston deal right now.

I'm hearing nothing will happen until Thursday at the earliest, after the World Cup final at the latest... Once one domino falls, the rest will go quickly, right now everyone's waiting on Bron.

He's meeting with Riley tomorrow in Vegas. Hopefully, to say good bye!

The Cleveland talk is getting interesting out here on the west coast... a lot of the guys live/work out here in the off season so there's lots of chatter (nothing news breaking or even behind the scenes) that the Love to Cleveland rumor would be enough to bring Lebron back but only if they don't part with Wiggins in the deal. With three first round picks and an underrated Dion Waters available to trade you would think that Cleveland and Minnesota could find a way to make that happen.

I've also heard, from more than one person, that Riley isn't leaving Vegas without a commitment from Lebron. From my experience with Riles, he's not a man that makes it easy to say no.

I've also heard, from more than one person, that Riley isn't leaving Vegas without a commitment from Lebron. From my experience with Riles, he's not a man that makes it easy to say no.

My concern, as well. By the way, I used to be a huge lakers fan as a kid in the 80s, including idolizing pat Riley. One year for Halloween I actually dressed up as Riley. I wore a tie and slicked back my hair-- no one knew who I was.

My concern, as well. By the way, I used to be a huge lakers fan as a kid in the 80s, including idolizing pat Riley. One year for Halloween I actually dressed up as Riley. I wore a tie and slicked back my hair-- no one knew who I was.

That's outstanding! And shame on them! My father used to play pick up games with Riley in NYC back in the day. They'd drive together down to the city together to find the toughest games because Riles only wanted to play against the best. And beat the best, which they did mainly, as my dad would say, because Riles wouldn't let them lose. He's a straight up killer in the competitive sense.

That's outstanding! And shame on them! My father used to play pick up games with Riley in NYC back in the day. They'd drive together down to the city together to find the toughest games because Riles only wanted to play against the best. And beat the best, which they did mainly, as my dad would say, because Riles wouldn't let them lose. He's a straight up killer in the competitive sense.

Did your Dad play in the NBA? What's your connection to Riley?

Did your Dad play in the NBA? What's your connection to Riley?

He played in the CBA, but never the NBA. His favorite picture from his playing days is one where he's getting dunked on by Dave Bing. You can't see Bing in the photo, just his sneakers and my dad's face. He met Riley through Bob Cousy's camp back in the day, they were both coaches there. I don't have any connection to Riley personally other than through my dad and a few friends who work/ed for the Lakers while he was still associated with them.

He played in the CBA, but never the NBA. His favorite picture from his playing days is one where he's getting dunked on by Dave Bing. You can't see Bing in the photo, just his sneakers and my dad's face. He met Riley through Bob Cousy's camp back in the day, they were both coaches there. I don't have any connection to Riley personally other than through my dad and a few friends who work/ed for the Lakers while he was still associated with them.

Wow - cool. Love the Bing story!...........Where'd your Dad play college?...........How old were they when they were going down to NYC to get into pickup games?

Wow - cool. Love the Bing story!...........Where'd your Dad play college?...........How old were they when they were going down to NYC to get into pickup games?

He played at a super small D-3 school, Hamilton College, he's still the second or third leading scorer for them despite playing in an era without the three point line (and he was a dead-eye shooter, so his numbers would have been ridiculous with a 3 point line). I was never the player my father was, but I could hold my own through high school and college -- still, I don't think I've ever beaten him in one on one or horse. He just doesn't miss.

The summers he hung out with Riley I think they were both 19 or 20, last couple years of college / first year out college kind of thing -- they stopped doing it when Riley moved on to California to play for San Diego (then LA) and my dad stayed in Scranton and wound up leaving the CBA for law school.

Edited by GreggyT