It's on like a mofo: NBA edition...Lebron opts out of Miami

Buftex

So all the LeBron haters saying he was bailing I guess are wrong....prolly all 3 taking way less than they could to keep team together. How we would proclaim sainthood for any players that did that in Buffalo.

But alas, he had a lapse in judgement for one minute in his life, he is different than us, he must be a greedy, me first athlete.

I am not sure all 3 staying is a given, even though that's what all the pundits are predicting. Lebron would be crazy to hitch his wagon to wade and bosh, when he has many better options.

He should go play with melo or love.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports on ESPN this morning were saying that LeBron, Wade and Bosh have been getting together to discuss the terms of their contracts between themselves so they don't have to wait till the team can officially do it tomorrow.

Another interesting thing from the report was that James will likely get the highest amount in the first year of his contract (if things go as reported). It will be the first time in LeBron's 11 year career that he'll be the highest payed player on his team.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

So all the LeBron haters saying he was bailing I guess are wrong....prolly all 3 taking way less than they could to keep team together. How we would proclaim sainthood for any players that did that in Buffalo.

But alas, he had a lapse in judgement for one minute in his life, he is different than us, he must be a greedy, me first athlete.

He wants max contract:

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11156634/lebron-james-miami-heat-wants-maximum-salary

Reports on ESPN this morning were saying that LeBron, Wade and Bosh have been getting together to discuss the terms of their contracts between themselves so they don't have to wait till the task can podiatrist officially do it tomorrow.

You lost me there!

Lebatard, who lives in Miami, seemed to think if they all opted out, and it does not matter that they did on different days, means they are acting on concert and like are all back the Heat at somewhat discount rates.

Odd move. I don't buy it quite yet. I think his camp floated that to make him look like a hero when he takes less either in Miami or elsewhere.

Could be...........That meeting between the three of them had to be awkward. "Hey, DWade - you know you suck compared to 2010, right?"

It is still anti-competition for the rest of The League. Even if it was BFLO I would be against it. Collusion between the players. Money should always dictate.

Of which minute do you speak?

Was it his arrogant post-championship winning game interview, where all he said was "I" "me" and "mine?"

or when he disrespected Bill Russell?

or when he disrespected Michael Jordan?

or when he did that dumb ass "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7," bull schit when he went to Miami?

or was it "the decision?"

He is the poster boy for "greedy, me-first athlete." He may not be a bad person, overall. He might be a great husband and a great dad (more important than anything); he is, obviously, one of the greatest to ever play basketball.

But the guy is a pompous, arrogant, greedy, cocky, obnoxious ass - and he's proven it over multiple "lapses of judgment," in my opinion.

He is the poster boy for "greedy, me-first athlete." He may not be a bad person, overall. He might be a great husband and a great dad (more important than anything); he is, obviously, one of the greatest to ever play basketball.

But the guy is a pompous, arrogant, greedy, cocky, obnoxious ass - and he's proven it over multiple "lapses of judgment," in my opinion.

i think he is just the opposite from the greedy me first athlete you describe...he took less money to win championships...how is that greedy?

i think he is just the opposite from the greedy me first athlete you describe...he took less money to win championships...how is that greedy?

Perhaps greedy isn't the appropriate term, then. "Selfish" fits.

Was it his arrogant post-championship winning game interview, where all he said was "I" "me" and "mine?"

or when he did that dumb ass "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7," bull schit when he went to Miami?

Yup...all of this. Someone should shiv this mofo.

Him and James Harden

How did he disrespect Russell?

And did he disrespect Jordan before or after Jordan said in ESPN the magazine that LeBron wouldn't have even started for most teams in his era? Jordan is one of the biggest pricks in NBA history. Tough for LeBron to keep respecting a guy (who he actually idolized his whole life) when the guy takes every chance he gets to take shots at LeBron. MJ caused that by being a bitter old man.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall