It's on like a mofo: NBA edition...Lebron opts out of Miami

Buftex

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ridiculous.

Why do white folks like Kobe? Why do white folks like Chris Paul?

If you wanna bring in race, you need to bring race in with a comparison. I like Carmelo, even though I know thousands of NBA fans think he's a one-way, lazy, ball-hog. Saying "white people hate Lebron" is not only a cop-out, but offensive.

Lebron was a choker who blamed his hometown when he couldn't win a ring. He's a guy who has very rarely taken blame for anything. Remember when Melo lost to the Pacers last year in the playoffs after that Hibbert block? You know what he said? He said, "he made the play and I didn't. I should have made the play."

Fans like players who admit that they screwed up. They like players who are humble when they lose and arrogant when they win. That's why while Tim Duncan is awesome, he isn't a box office star because he's humble with 5 rings. Being an arrogant loser is fundamentally stupid and embarrassing.

Kind of like LeBron this year when he said "I just didn't do enough." He takes blame often enough, when in reality, he never really should. He also rarely takes blame because there rarely is anything for him to take blame for.

The fact is, most people will never get over being butthurt about two things. The first being "The Decision". The second being his comments after the first finals loss with the Heat when asked about how fans were rejoicing when they lost and how he said they have to go back to their lives and he gets to go back to his. I'll admit, that was a pretty big douch statement. I'll also admit that he was 100% correct. He also apologized for it. The rest of the complaints about him are just nonsense like he wore someone else's number or how he forgot someone on his Mt. Rushmore.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

RACE!!! Wonder if Lebron tips? He tips shots in, for sure.

Warren Sapp does not, because the waitress was saying "what would you boys like"!! Geesh, that is interchangable for guys, fellas, fellows, he should be just be honest and say he is a cheap bastard.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/warren-sapp-stiffs-waitress-on-a-tip--then-explains-himself-on-twitter-153631714.html

This is ridiculous.

If you wanna bring in race, you need to bring race in with a comparison. I like Carmelo, even though I know thousands of NBA fans think he's a one-way, lazy, ball-hog. Saying "white people hate Lebron" is not only a cop-out, but offensive.

Lebron was a choker who blamed his hometown when he couldn't win a ring. He's a guy who has very rarely taken blame for anything. Remember when Melo lost to the Pacers last year in the playoffs after that Hibbert block? You know what he said? He said, "he made the play and I didn't. I should have made the play."

Fans like players who admit that they screwed up. They like players who are humble when they lose and arrogant when they win. That's why while Tim Duncan is awesome, he isn't a box office star because he's humble with 5 rings. Being an arrogant loser is fundamentally stupid and embarrassing.

the stats are what the stats are...

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/page/mindoffan/how-fans-see-lebron-james

again, all i said was race plays a role in this...not saying one side is right or wrong. I do believe to bury your head in the sand and say that is not so just makes no sense..

the stats are what the stats are...

http://espn.go.com/n...ee-lebron-james

again, all i said was race plays a role in this...not saying one side is right or wrong. I do believe to bury your head in the sand and say that is not so just makes no sense..

I hate to bring race into this, but that is what it comes down to. White folks for the most part do not like LeBron, black folks do for the most part. we are a board made up mostly of white males.

No, you didn't say race plays a role in this. You said white folks mostly dislike Lebron. When in your survey, he's still the white's most popular player. Above Kobe.

Personally, I don't think it's a race thing. Lebron is just easy to hate and root against. He does little things that rub people the wrong way all the time. The powder thing before games that Jordan used to do? That's laughable. Begging the Cavs to get Antawn Jamison and Shaq then bailing that year. Accusations of "giving up" before the series is over in the playoffs. Multiple times. All the talk about "my legacy," while with the Heat. I'm surprised him and Wade never fought more with those huge egos in the lockerroom. Wade even has more rings!

He's arrogant, constantly says douchey things, and that makes it fun to watch him lose. White or black.

Kind of like LeBron this year when he said "I just didn't do enough." He takes blame often enough, when in reality, he never really should. He also rarely takes blame because there rarely is anything for him to take blame for.

The fact is, most people will never get over being butthurt about two things. The first being "The Decision". The second being his comments after the first finals loss with the Heat when asked about how fans were rejoicing when they lost and how he said they have to go back to their lives and he gets to go back to his. I'll admit, that was a pretty big douch statement. I'll also admit that he was 100% correct. He also apologized for it. The rest of the complaints about him are just nonsense like he wore someone else's number or how he forgot someone on his Mt. Rushmore.

See above.

No, you didn't say race plays a role in this. You said white folks mostly dislike Lebron. When in your survey, he's still the white's most popular player. Above Kobe.

Personally, I don't think it's a race thing. Lebron is just easy to hate and root against. He does little things that rub people the wrong way all the time. The powder thing before games that Jordan used to do? That's laughable. Begging the Cavs to get Antawn Jamison and Shaq then bailing that year. Accusations of "giving up" before the series is over in the playoffs. Multiple times. All the talk about "my legacy," while with the Heat. I'm surprised him and Wade never fought more with those huge egos in the lockerroom. Wade even has more rings!

He's arrogant, constantly says douchey things, and that makes it fun to watch him lose. White or black.

See above.

Powder...lame. Accusations of giving up are super valid. It's shocking that he talks about his legacy when people ask him about... wait for it... his legacy. If he refused to answer he'd be an ass. Begging? Ok. Hate on

I'm 51, so white I border on transparent and I'm a huge lebron fan.

I think that goes for any high profile black person, so I'm not disagreeing with you.

I believe that if the world only heard LeBron James (and his name wasn't LeBron) and never saw him, that the majority of the world would dislike him - completely based on what comes out of his mouth.

Powder...lame. Accusations of giving up are super valid. It's shocking that he talks about his legacy when people ask him about... wait for it... his legacy. If he refused to answer he'd be an ass. Begging? Ok. Hate on

It's shocking when Tebow talks about his faith, when people ask him about his faith. Doesn't seem to stop his detractors. And yes. It's well documented that he wanted Jamison on the Cavs and obviously, on the last year of his contract, the organization would do anything for him to stay. Then he gave them the bird and ran out. Imagine if Jairus Byrd said he needed Ryan Clark in the secondary with him, we traded for and signed Clark, and Byrd left anyway. You'd want him dead.

Edited by FireChan

I have my problems with Lebron, but this criticism is pretty lame.

You can't win when you are asked to name the 4 or 5 greats. Since Russell was well before my time, if I were asked that question, I would forget about him too.

Exactly.

I hate to bring race into this, but that is what it comes down to. White folks for the most part do not like LeBron, black folks do for the most part. we are a board made up mostly of white males.

Do black folks like guys who quit on their team during the playoffs and on their hometown in general?

I really liked him before that.

I'm inclined to disagree. Kerr and Fisher both got bigger contracts than him and he felt he should've been compensated. Especially after the second half of the season they had. The Nets looked like the only real challenger to the Heat after the All-Star break.

Whether he handled it the right way or not, I don't know. But I can see a guy saying, "look what these other unproven guys are getting and I just proved I can do it, I want more."

You're inclined to disagree because it's what you do. Read up on Kidd's history and then make up your mind. Go back to his Cal days too.

This is ridiculous.

All of this. I like melo, Lance Stephenson (ain't getting "blacker" than him), Paul pierce, KG etc etc etc.

Hate Lebron. White black is irrelevant. He's a douche who came into the game with a ridiculous nickname.

MJ is the king. Enjoy your under .500 finals record "king"

Do black folks like guys who quit on their team during the playoffs and on their hometown in general?

I really liked him before that.

Ditto. I liked him as he entered the NBA. I thought, for a teenager, he handled himself with tons of maturity and grace. As he aged, the only thing that grew was his ego.

I honestly can't understand how anyone other than his children can even like him a little bit.

Paul Pierce to the Clippers to reunite with Doc Rivers, this should be an interesting off-season

That would be awesome. I see they want Spencer Hawes too, if they somehow had him the front court rotation, man, they would be hard to be beat.

I hated to see the Sixers give Hawes up, I hope he does well wherever he ends up

That would be awesome. I see they want Spencer Hawes too, if they somehow had him the front court rotation, man, they would be hard to be beat.

I hated to see the Sixers give Hawes up, I hope he does well wherever he ends up

He is a quality NBA big man, a real good piece, and I think the Polish Hammer Gortat is too! Good job by the Wizards to keep him.

You're inclined to disagree because it's what you do. Read up on Kidd's history and then make up your mind. Go back to his Cal days too.

I didn't realize it was "he's a POS" I thought we were just talking about the Nets power grab.