Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

The Rams are really looking ripe for the move right now...I agree that L.A. seems very far-fetched at this point. Then again, Toronto doesn't look so formidable either.

Toronto is 5+ years away from getting an NFL team. One group may bid, but they know its 5+ years before Toronto can be home to an NFL team. they cant even find a home for their CFL team right now.

Probably why now all the reports that the Toronto group wants to keep the team in Buffalo. What I would do is make them include stadium funding in the offer. If not, then they dont get the team. Lets say $1.2 billion for the team and $750 million to Erie county to build a stadium. They probably say forget that and not even bid.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...what I believe is that we can all feel pretty confident about the team staying here. What I hope is that we'll know for sure soon.

I am extremely confident, and it seems everyone is hearing pretty much the same stuff from their "sources" that I am.

I'm just curious about the "other" bidder(s) - what could they offer that Pegula can't? What I've heard leads me to believe Pegula is a shoo-in wrt the owner's voting at their October meeting.

¡Viva El Pegual!

BrkFZnhCQAAJRw9.jpg

I am extremely confident, and it seems everyone is hearing pretty much the same stuff from their "sources" that I am.

I'm just curious about the "other" bidder(s) - what could they offer that Pegula can't? What I've heard leads me to believe Pegula is a shoo-in wrt the owner's voting at their October meeting.

¡Viva El Pegual!

BrkFZnhCQAAJRw9.jpg

Pegula would get approved by the other owners in about 0.0000001 seconds...they LOVE him. Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft especially--he's wealthy, young(ish), progressive, active in his ownership, and his finances are rapidly trending upwards. One thing I do know is that--if the other owners could hand-pick a guy it'd be El Pegual.

If Pegula buys, we are guaranteed long time ownership here in Buffalo much like the Hunt, Kraft and Jones family... His wife and children seem like the types that maintain future ownership in the future... :thumbsup:

Pegula would get approved by the other owners in about 0.0000001 seconds...they LOVE him. Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft especially--he's wealthy, young(ish), progressive, active in his ownership, and his finances are rapidly trending upwards. One thing I do know is that--if the other owners could hand-pick a guy it'd be El Pegual.

Can I add one thing to your gushing? He is LIQUID!!! That may be the most appealing trait of all. His money is in cash.

Does having a richer owner mean the Bills would have more money to spend on players?

I'm asking because with the cap, whats the benifit of have a richer owner?

Dont get me wrong I love the idea I am just wondering

CBF

Not really. The cap limits what an owner can spend. But there are no limits on coaches, scouts, facilities, etc. He can spend out the wazoo on that.

Does having a richer owner mean the Bills would have more money to spend on players?

CBF

I know nothing (surprise!) But I would guess he COULD be more free with things other than player salary. Facilities, gyms, equipment, etc. Cheerleaders? Team dinners? Fan experiencem Is there a limit to how much they can spend on coaches? Christmas cards?

CBF

This is a very good FAQ , but rarely discussed.

I too would like to know how more liquidity ( i said it ! ) is an advantage to the team.

I dont think it affects the players salaries at all But the team does do more for the team families and such under a budget thats discretionary and would be Mr pegulas responsibility ????

Not really. The cap limits what an owner can spend. But there are no limits on coaches, scouts, facilities, etc. He can spend out the wazoo on that.

Oops little late typing for me.

Thanks Promo. that makes sense.

Hence the Raplh was cheap phrase ?

Just kidding Mrs Wilson

This is a very good FAQ , but rarely discussed.

I too would like to know how more liquidity ( i said it ! ) is an advantage to the team.

I dont think it affects the players salaries at all But the team does do more for the team families and such under a budget thats discretionary and would be Mr pegulas responsibility ????

Oops little late typing for me.

Thanks Promo. that makes sense.

Hence the Raplh was cheap phrase ?

Just kidding Mrs Wilson

I wonder what other perks are available to the players that do not affect the cap? Medical insurance? 401k (lol)? Tuition assistance? (Lolol) discount on their cell phone bill?

I wonder what other perks are available to the players that do not affect the cap? Medical insurance? 401k (lol)? Tuition assistance? (Lolol) discount on their cell phone bill?

Anything that benefits a player directly is forbidden since it could be used to circumvent the cap. But things that benefit the team as a whole, like better facilities, more trainers, etc. Is all good.

Anything that benefits a player directly is forbidden since it could be used to circumvent the cap. But things that benefit the team as a whole, like better facilities, more trainers, etc. Is all good.

Blue angels instead of channel 7 news chopper. ;)

Cell phone discount is the most likely honestly. If Verizon or someone is affiliated/sponsored/not sure of the right word, with the NFL they could provide a discount.

Interesting note from the Kryk article:

“Recognize something, though,” Ganis said. “The (Wilson) family and the trust can change the process any time they choose to. This is not a public bid. This is not a publicly traded company. They don’t have to follow (U.S.) Security and Exchange Commission rules, they are not going through some legal auction process, and they are

not a public entity.

“So they can set the ground rules, change the ground rules, halt the process or accelerate the process any time they choose to.”

So if the trust prefers a certain bidder, and that bidder offers a satisfactory price at the get-go, it can end the process without notice — and choose that bidder.