Jags release DE Jason Babin

I agree with you... however why would the Jags release him? They stink.. if they were the Seahawks I could see. Even as situational player you don't release a guy when you stink and a player can play.

I think the Jaguars are going in a different direction, and Babin may not be in the plans.

Jacksonville made a lot of good signings this past offseason and had a very good draft, so I don't think they will continue to stink.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Players that can still play effectively are released all the time. Is that the case with Babin? I don't know. But to say that a player being released automatically means he can't play anymore is bogus.

Brandon flowers was released last week. He made the pro bowl last year.

I think Flowers is going to be a Charger with the right contract structure.

I agree with you... however why would the Jags release him? They stink.. if they were the Seahawks I could see. Even as situational player you don't release a guy when you stink and a player can play.

Because you don't think he fits your system, or is a poor value at the price, or your a bad team because you make bad choices or.....

Edited by NoSaint

Why would we pick up a released player from the worst team in the NFL? :wallbash:

I'm not too worried about that. For one reason or another, it happens. What concerns me even more is that Gus Bradley didn't think him being on the roster made the Jags D a better unit.

I'm not too worried about that. For one reason or another, it happens. What concerns me even more is that Gus Bradley didn't think him being on the roster made the Jags D a better unit.

I was going to use this very same statement. Gus Bradley is as defensive-focused as any HC in the league. He led one of the best defenses in the league in Seattle and has made major headway with the D in Jax. If he doesn't want Babin, then there's a very good chance Babin is no longer a very useful player in the NFL.

Because bad teams often make bad decisions?

I don't think we need Babin, and we have too much cap $ tied up in D-Line as it is -- Dareus, K Williams and Mario -- plus, there is something peculiar when 2 teams cut same guy -- I'd rather see us resign Hughes and/or restructure Mario to make D-line solid for next several years with who we got

Babins career is over and he's well on the wrong side of 30 (34+). To boot, the Bills have no need for a LDE. Lawson and Hughes will be the primary pass rushers on that side and they proved last year that they were up to the task. Makes me think that the OP is either Jason Babin himself, his agent, or a relative.

I know that Hughes gets a lot of grief for being a one dimensional player......the fact is he is a former 1st round pick......played behind some VERY good players with the colts...then came here and shined.

We need to resign this guy

I could not agree more. I think we may be over looking how good our D ends are. I'm sorry I like Hughes, Lawson and the addition of Wynn. Hughes is 25, he can improve against the run and make himself a better all around end.

Fan Friday 6-20

1 - @ChrisBrownBills

What do you think about Buffalo going after Jason Babin possibly? They did show interest in 2012 #LetsGoBuffalo

TheGoodfella28

CB: While their depth at defensive end is not ideal I don’t know that they could make that kind of a veteran investment in the position. Buffalo has a lot of money tied up in their defensive line and adding another player who would not come cheap might be a bit unrealistic.

I know that Hughes gets a lot of grief for being a one dimensional player......the fact is he is a former 1st round pick......played behind some VERY good players with the colts...then came here and shined.

We need to resign this guy

I could not agree more. I think we may be over looking how good our D ends are. I'm sorry I like Hughes, Lawson and the addition of Wynn. Hughes is 25, he can improve against the run and make himself a better all around end.

I'd love to have Hughes re-signed. He's shown that he's a good pass rusher, and hopefully he can become a better all-around DE.

Babins career is over and he's well on the wrong side of 30 (34+). To boot, the Bills have no need for a LDE. Lawson and Hughes will be the primary pass rushers on that side and they proved last year that they were up to the task. Makes me think that the OP is either Jason Babin himself, his agent, or a relative.

The OP simply asked whether or not the Bills should git r dun.

That said, he did have 7.5 sacks last year.

I think the Bills should kick the tires, if they plan to compete and get to the next level they need depth. Couldn't hurt on maybe a 1yr 2.5-3mil deal to back up Mario and Hughes, could even give them a break. Seems to fit the scheme okay so can't say its one of those awful "I've heard of him!" threads.

Only warning sign to me is I seem to remember him having attitude issues a year or two ago, can't find anything concrete but there are rumors according to multiple articles after a quick Google search.

Aren't Hughes, Lawson, Branch and Mario our DEs? Also Dareus has played there I believe. I like our depth at DE. Branch was a stud at times last year, especially against the run. I don't see a place for an over priced, aged DE like Babin.

With Branch in on running downs, that makes Mario the lightest on the DL, and that's saying a lot for a 6'6 290 lb DE

Edited by Hazed and Amuzed

Aren't Hughes, Lawson, Branch and Mario our DEs? Also Dareus has played there I believe. I like our depth at DE. Branch was a stud at times last year, especially against the run. I don't see a place for an over priced, aged DE like Babin.

With Branch in on running downs, that makes Mario the lightest on the DL, and that's saying a lot for a 6'6 290 lb DE

Branch and Dareus are not DEs in this scheme with the exception of possibly short yardage

Edited by FluffHead