Jags release DE Jason Babin

He has lined up at DE as has Dareus in Pettines mish mosh

No . Thank you for asking though FluffHead

"Has lined up at" and "is a" are two very different qualifiers.

I'm not so much keyed in on babin but if Schwartz is going to succeed, unless he has a big surprise for us schematically, we need all the pass rushers we can get up front. It's going to be a fundamental spot where we spend premium money and premium picks even for rotational players

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Has lined up at" and "is a" are two very different qualifiers.

I'm not so much keyed in on babin but if Schwartz is going to succeed, unless he has a big surprise for us schematically, we need all the pass rushers we can get up front. It's going to be a fundamental spot where we spend premium money and premium picks even for rotational players

I dont think we can define players on D as limited to their respective starting position. Some ends can move to LB and vice versa and some DT can slide to the end position depending upon alignments of course

I agree with your point in general though. We need more edge rushers in the wings . Keep in mind that we have two pretty darn good rushers in the middle

Most players in the defensive 7 are becoming multi taskers .

i dont think Branch is limited to playing DT. He talked about it when he was brought on .

I dont think we can define players on D as limited to their respective starting position. Some ends can move to LB and vice versa and some DT can slide to the end position depending upon alignments of course

I agree with your point in general though. We need more edge rushers in the wings . Keep in mind that we have two pretty darn good rushers in the middle

Most players in the defensive 7 are becoming multi taskers .

i dont think Branch is limited to playing DT. He talked about it when he was brought on .

I agree he can do spot duty outside in short yardage situations or even as a surprise to free up someone else in a schematic wrinkle, or a 3 man front but at 325 lbs and a 5.1 40 time he's not going outside in a 43based on his own abilities but as a result of something else dictating it.

Also, I know we have rushers inside - but I'm saying when you look at Schwartz in Detroit he spent firsts on fairley, and suh inside, ansah outside, gave decent bucks under the tag to Avril, vandenbosch got a nice deal.... We are going to continue to stack the front 4.

Edited by NoSaint

I agree he can do spot duty outside in short yardage situations or even as a surprise to free up someone else in a schematic wrinkle, or a 3 man front but at 325 lbs and a 5.1 40 time he's not going outside in a 43based on his own abilities but as a result of something else dictating it.

Also, I know we have rushers inside - but I'm saying when you look at Schwartz in Detroit he spent firsts on fairley, and suh inside, ansah outside, gave decent bucks under the tag to Avril, vandenbosch got a nice deal.... We are going to continue to stack the front 4.

Well heres the thing , Jim aint no slouch . Agreed ? He knows what he has as compared to what he would most like for a front .

He can run some 3 mans because he has linebackers , specifically Spikes . And the bonus Alonso who can run .

I say we give Jim some relief and see what he does. I am concerned some folks are boxing him in. Including you my friend .

Yes to more DEs . but i expect... some will be surprised when Schwartz lines up a 34 with Hughes standing and Branch in front of him