Kyle Williams to be featured on NFLN Top 100 (top 40) tonight

We complain if we don't make these sorts of lists "NO RESPECT!!!!!!1!!!"

We complain if we do make these lists "OVERRATED!!!!!!!1!!!"

No winning with this crowd.

D-ton

Thank you. That was exactly what I was thinking. I've listened to so many posts how we get no respect, no one sees our good players b/c it's the Bills, etc. then when we actually have a few players on the list ( I may have missed, but saw Kiko, Dareus, no one else yet) and we complain he is overrated. KW has been fantastic for this team for years surrounded until lately with less talent.

I'm sure Super Mario will make it, but Byrd should be there. I also believe Glenn deserves a nod, but he won't get it as it is a popularity contest amongst the players.

He allowed 1.5 sacks in 16 games and did not miss a game. Did Peters do that.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle WIlliams is the most overrated player in the NFL. He has been a part of a crap defense that cannot stop the run since he has been here and he adds no additional value whether he play or not.

He has had no impact at all in his 8 years.

You simply aren't a Bills fan or a football fan, period. While I agree that he is now maybe a little overrated and I agree with the sentiment that how can the middle of our defensive line both be in the top 100 when we were pretty porous against the run last year, he was sick in 2010. Absolutely sick. Dominant. The game against Pittsburgh when Stevie dropped the TD was one of the better individual games I've ever seen by a Bills player in my life. And last I checked that was within the last 8 years. So enough with going overboard to try and drum up controversy.

You simply aren't a Bills fan or a football fan, period. While I agree that he is now maybe a little overrated and I agree with the sentiment that how can the middle of our defensive line both be in the top 100 when we were pretty porous against the run last year, he was sick in 2010. Absolutely sick. Dominant. The game against Pittsburgh when Stevie dropped the TD was one of the better individual games I've ever seen by a Bills player in my life. And last I checked that was within the last 8 years. So enough with going overboard to try and drum up controversy.

I moved from Buffalo after I graduated college, lived in Fort Lauderdale, Atlanta, Hilton Head, no matter where, I fly back to Buffalo for at least 1 home every year now for 19 years. I am pretty sure I am a bigger Bills fan than most, I am willing to spend close to a $1000 to go to one game after it is all said and done. I go to other Bills games too, and have Sunday Ticket.

The highest the Bills have been against the run with Kyle Williams is 22nd. THis is not made up.

You looked at something wrong, in 2009, the Bills were 3rd...........3rd last in the NFL against the run. The Bills have never been remotely close to dominant with Kyle Williams, they have been well below average to borderline pathetic, and mostly just pathetic at stopping the run.

http://sports.yahoo....d_group=Defense

Edited by Security

D-ton

Thank you. That was exactly what I was thinking. I've listened to so many posts how we get no respect, no one sees our good players b/c it's the Bills, etc. then when we actually have a few players on the list ( I may have missed, but saw Kiko, Dareus, no one else yet) and we complain he is overrated. KW has been fantastic for this team for years surrounded until lately with less talent.

I'm sure Super Mario will make it, but Byrd should be there. I also believe Glenn deserves a nod, but he won't get it as it is a popularity contest amongst the players.

He allowed 1.5 sacks in 16 games and did not miss a game. Did Peters do that.

Well said. Haters just gunna hate. KW is a big boss hog. He doesn't make every play, but he's a fine player and a great addition to our defense/team. Go Bills.

I moved from Buffalo after I graduated college, lived in Fort Lauderdale, Atlanta, Hilton Head, no matter where, I fly back to Buffalo for at least 1 home every year now for 19 years. I am pretty sure I am a bigger Bills fan than most, I am willing to spend close to a $1000 to go to one game after it is all said and done. I go to other Bills games too, and have Sunday Ticket.

The highest the Bills have been against the run with Kyle Williams is 22nd. THis is not made up.

You looked at something wrong, in 2009, the Bills were 3rd...........3rd last in the NFL against the run. The Bills have never been remotely close to dominant with Kyle Williams, they have been well below average to borderline pathetic, and mostly just pathetic at stopping the run.

No one is saying the team has been strong against the run. I'm saying you are misallocating blame on one player simply because he's been on the team during that time. Linebackers have been the biggest problem in our run equation. Please rattle off the list of our linebackers since Fletcher and Spikes left and tell me how many of them were even mediocre NFL football players. Complete garbage for the most part. Even last year with some improvement, Kiko was not a run stuffing MLB. He's a Will by nature, and that's where he will excel. Spikes and Rivers back there now with Kiko? I'm not going to start counting chickens, but we may have something here.

The blame on Kyle is misplaced and not borne of fact. I understand how it looks to the casual fan, but from someone who played the game at a higher level recently, and someone who is in agreement with the majority of football people who grade player performance, we are in agreement that Kyle Williams is an excellent defensive tackle.

So if Mario had all those sacks at less cost would they consider him elite? KW is great but to rate Mario as just" good" is absurd.

There is little acknowledgment of his excellent run stuffing skills. The man is one of the best at setting the edge from any stance.

No one is saying the team has been strong against the run. I'm saying you are misallocating blame on one player simply because he's been on the team during that time. Linebackers have been the biggest problem in our run equation. Please rattle off the list of our linebackers since Fletcher and Spikes left and tell me how many of them were even mediocre NFL football players. Complete garbage for the most part. Even last year with some improvement, Kiko was not a run stuffing MLB. He's a Will by nature, and that's where he will excel. Spikes and Rivers back there now with Kiko? I'm not going to start counting chickens, but we may have something here.

The blame on Kyle is misplaced and not borne of fact. I understand how it looks to the casual fan, but from someone who played the game at a higher level recently, and someone who is in agreement with the majority of football people who grade player performance, we are in agreement that Kyle Williams is an excellent defensive tackle.

Thank-you. The simple fact is that few DTs in the game control their gap assignments as well as KW. Plays with great pad level and leverage and I can count on one hand the number of times he's been dominated.

The linebacking on this team has been atrocious for years now, especially in the middle, regardless of the front scheme. If casual fans can't appreciate that, they need to start being more observant or find another game to follow that requires less nuance.

GO BILLS!!!

OK you're a Bills fan, I believe you. But you said that Williams has had no impact in eight years. He was incredibly impactful in 2010. And as far as last year, I don't disagree with you that he leaves something to be desired against the run but 10.5 sacks from a defensive tackle is nothing to scoff at. I understand the point you are trying to make but you are going to far in the other direction in order to make it.

Kyle is one of maybe three players that deserves bot only to make the playoffs but go deep into them. he's been a leader and gives his all. I Really hope when it's over he stays a Bill for life. Stopping the run never started or stopped with 95. Until recently the linebackers have been some of the worst in the NFL.

Well put we've had problems with our LB crew for years. I love Kiko, but he was pushed around by the end of the year as he is much better suited for the Will. This is why we brought in so many LB's this year in the draft and free agency. Kyle should really shine this year as he likes to penetrate, and collapse the interior of the pocket.