Golisano to bid on Bills & propose new WS staduim

There may not be a lot of 40-50 year old billionaires who want to buy the team, and keep them in Buffalo. But you never know...wouldn't it be weird if Monica Seles one day owned the Bills?

Still got my fingers crossed for Pegula or one of the Jacobs heirs... but Golisano, I believe, would buy the team, and take whatever necessary steps there are, to ensure that they are in WNY for a long, long time to come. From the comments he made, he seems very concerned with his legacy in WNY. All the joking about his cheapness aside, he is known also for being extremely charitable.

Maybe Kiko would need to start grunting at the opposition instead of growling

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may all work for us! Mary Wilson is a big time tennis player. I'm sure she'd love having Monica as a playing partner...........Then again, Pegula's daughter is a tennis pro, too.

Maybe this will all work out and not only will we keep the Bills, but more importantly, we'll get our World Team Tennis team back! What's Roscoe Tanner up to these days?!?

This may all work for us! Mary Wilson is a big time tennis player. I'm sure she'd love having Monica as a playing partner...........Then again, Pegula's daughter is a tennis pro, too.

Maybe this will all work out and not only will we keep the Bills, but more importantly, we'll get our World Team Tennis team back! What's Roscoe Tanner up to these days?!?

You are absolutely correct. Best case scenario. Solves all issues. I also always liked Monica Seles - for both sporting and prurient reasons. She actually seems very cool and went through something no one should have to go through.

I think many that read this should take it for what it is, some information for you all.

A Galisano, Pegula team up is what you are looking at here. Don't ask if this is speculation, just know the following:

Galisano has deep political connections at the local and state levels.

Pegula is heavily investing in Buffalo, he's going all in, take that at face value, the Harbor Center is just the beginning.

Galisano needs some heavy lifing on his end in the political arena, Pegula nees some heavy lifing in the same arena.

Marcellus Shale is on the line, and Cuomo is the key. Schumer is a mouth piece, an after thought.

This is the best hope for the Bills here, it's actually the only real hope. Like I said, take it at face value, either you follow the money, or you don't, the choice is yours.

I think many that read this should take it for what it is, some information for you all.

A Galisano, Pegula team up is what you are looking at here. Don't ask if this is speculation, just know the following:

Galisano has deep political connections at the local and state levels.

Pegula is heavily investing in Buffalo, he's going all in, take that at face value, the Harbor Center is just the beginning.

Galisano needs some heavy lifing on his end in the political arena, Pegula nees some heavy lifing in the same arena.

Marcellus Shale is on the line, and Cuomo is the key. Schumer is a mouth piece, an after thought.

This is the best hope for the Bills here, it's actually the only real hope. Like I said, take it at face value, either you follow the money, or you don't, the choice is yours.

Honest question, not rhetorical: why can't we ask if this is speculation?

Honest question, not rhetorical: why can't we ask if this is speculation?

I believe it should be considered so from the outset. I'm trying to avoid the "do you have a source scenario". Maybe worded wrong, but it makes a great deal of sense from a $ perspective.

Edit: And I should point out, a nice domed stadium worth, let's say 1.5 billion, just to throw a number out there, is well within the realm of reason if some traction is gained on some outside issues. After all, 1.5 billion is a drop in the bucket compared to that gas in the shale.

I'm looking at this from a larger view point is all. The no sale to a relocating ownership group, the need to have that stadium and both of these gentlemen have commented on the Bills future in the past couple of years. Looks like a win for the region sports wise, helps offset some of those negative feelings on fracking and opens the door for a great deal of money to flow from the state to such an endeavor, not to mention the political and energy aspirations of them.

I feel like I just met Deep Throat in a DC parking garage

;Haha, I'm no one, just a fan. My wording is never the best. Just trying to get the wheels turning on thoughts of the possibilities is all.

Edited by HopefulFuture

I believe it should be considered so from the outset. I'm trying to avoid the "do you have a source scenario". Maybe worded wrong, but it makes a great deal of sense from a $ perspective.

Edit: And I should point out, a nice domed stadium worth, let's say 1.5 billion, just to throw a number out there, is well within the realm of reason if some traction is gained on some outside issues. After all, 1.5 billion is a drop in the bucket compared to that gas in the shale.

I'm looking at this from a larger view point is all. The no sale to a relocating ownership group, the need to have that stadium and both of these gentlemen have commented on the Bills future in the past couple of years. Looks like a win for the region sports wise, helps offset some of those negative feelings on fracking and opens the door for a great deal of money to flow from the state to such an endeavor, not to mention the political and energy aspirations of them.

;Haha, I'm no one, just a fan. My wording is never the best. Just trying to get the wheels turning on thoughts of the possibilities is all.

IMO al you have to do is tweak the wording of your first post in this thread to say that Golisano/El Pegual partnership is what we're looking "for" (not "at") and you're probably good to go.

It would be interesting to see the partnership, but the Syracuse Developer not as owners but a deal to develop the land around the stadium would be awesome. I know PTR always wanted it downtown, so with what Pegula is doing around his arena, and developing land around the stadium on the water would be awesome.

I don't even live there anymore, but would love to go to a couple of games in this type of venue.

It would be interesting to see the partnership, but the Syracuse Developer not as owners but a deal to develop the land around the stadium would be awesome. I know PTR always wanted it downtown, so with what Pegula is doing around his arena, and developing land around the stadium on the water would be awesome.

I don't even live there anymore, but would love to go to a couple of games in this type of venue.

I don't believe a stadium by downtown would work with the traffic situation. Very limited access from major arteries. I think the East Amherst area, Niagara County, or where the current Ralph is probably has more traffic flow viability. It's almost more than apparant any new stadium is going to come with infrastructure upgrades. I would like to see money put into the rail system here for further transportation enhancements. There are a great deal of possibilites if that were to be a part of any long term scenario.

I don't believe a stadium by downtown would work with the traffic situation. Very limited access from major arteries. I think the East Amherst area, Niagara County, or where the current Ralph is probably has more traffic flow viability. It's almost more than apparant any new stadium is going to come with infrastructure upgrades. I would like to see money put into the rail system here for further transportation enhancements. There are a great deal of possibilites if that were to be a part of any long term scenario.

Agree 1000% regarding rail infrastructure in wny - the whole area is so car dependent.

No real rail option into downtown for workers.

No rail option out to the airport,

No real rail connector between Niagara Falls and Buffalo and Rochester,

Without the rail connecting the 3 cities you have 3 smaller cities - connect via rail system and you have one very big vibrant area.

Edited by jahbonas

One thing for sure - the silence out of the Pegula camp is getting louder and louder. Hard to conceive he would not be part of such a process

He started off just over 4 billion after the sale to Shell. He's worth 3.1 billion as of this year according to Forbes. But I find that number misleading, I believe he's worth more than the 4 billion he started off at. The key for him is Marcellus Shale. He'd be the key player in that arena and from people I know in Albany he's been the driving force behind the scenes on it since arriving here in New York. I don't get into the good vs bad on fracking, just looking at it from a strictly business point of view.

On the other side of the aisle you have Galisano, who's political aspirations are well known. The governers seat is his target.

Over the years he's made many deep connections in that arena from both up and down state. Those connections may open doors to allow some things to be fast tracked as well as money to flow from the state toward a stadium endeavor.

Then there is Cuomo, who, despite side stepping the question, is in the wings for a run at the White House. Maybe not this next election cycle, but he's still young enough to hold out another 4 to 8 years for such a run. A successful completetion of job creation in the 3rd poorest city in America (I.E. construction jobs for infrastructure upgrades and the stadium itself), combined with the loyalty shown to keep the Bills here as well as the ability to work across party lines for such a large project would look very attractive at the national level for a future candidate. It certainly couldn't hurt his likability.

When put into this context, you can see how the Buffalo Bills future in WNY has the potential to uniquely affect all 3 of these mens future endeavors.

Of course, it's speculation, but it doesn't take much to connect the dots if we just follow the money. :)

Agree 1000% regarding rail infrastructure in wny - the whole area is so car dependent.

No real rail option into downtown for workers.

No rail option out to the airport,

No real rail connector between Niagara Falls and Buffalo and Rochester,

Without the rail connecting the 3 cities you have 3 smaller cities - connect via rail system and you have one very big vibrant area.

There is rail between Buffalo and Rochester. Runs all the way across New York State. There's actually a branch up to Niagara Falls too.

There is rail between Buffalo and Rochester. Runs all the way across New York State. There's actually a branch up to Niagara Falls too.

Yes the right of way is there with rails - but a train that passes thru once a day at 5am does not cut it.

Wherever this is coming from, I like your thinking.

Wherever this is coming from, I like your thinking.

Well, I'm trying to view it as the glass is half full type of scenario. All we need is that bottle of wine tipped upward to fill the rest of the glass ;)

Well... His name is "hopefulfuture".

Kind of like the reggae corner of tbd

Haha, I've had my share of negative posts as well. For example, prior to knowing about the sale to a non-relocating buyer, I posted I felt for sure they were a gonner. I was saddened by that, but trying to be realistic from a business perspective. Then, I learned about that clause and my view changed. Just like everyone else, I'm human, a creature of emotions. I'm trying to look at all the possibilities with this particular subject. I am of the thought that the Buffalo Bills very well may be one of the key factors to a complete turn around for WNY. Pegula bought the Sabres and is heavily investing in Buffalo. There are better markets to spend all that money he has if he wants an immediate ROI, but I strongly believe his sites are set on a bigger prize, the New York Marcellus Shale ROI, worth a whole hell of a lot more than merely investing in some other, non energy area of the country.

As for Galisano, I've always watched politics with keen interest. Cuomo, the same.

Like I said, there's just to much good to come to these 3 men, and not just them. Think of the windfall for Millstein if the Stadium site is Niagara County, close to the city of Niagara Falls. Or how about the increase in skilled labor brought to the area combined with an increase on the positive side for the Buffalo-Niagara region. Surely companies such as Rich products and Delaware North wouldn't complain if they were supporters, even indirectly, to such an endeavor.

If these WNY power brokers play their cards right, Cuomo could very well have that nice feather in his cap on helping to accelerate the turn around of the 3rd poorest city in America and use that in a national campaign for the White House.

There is much to be said about the stars aligning. If these gentemen were smart, they would even give google's owner a percentage of ownership and in turn google can build it's server building here like Yahoo did in order to save some cash on the cooling of those systems long term. Bringing further job creation and skilled labor to the area only furthering their reputations.

Thinking outside the box and bringing an endeavor like this together is merely a few phone calls and meetings away. Lets hope this or something similiar is what's being done behind the scenes. I'm Hopeful for the Future and the Bills situation could, and I stress could, be the catalyst to better days here in WNY.

Yes the right of way is there with rails - but a train that passes thru once a day at 5am does not cut it.

There used to be a train option to get to the games from at least Syracuse/Rochester, and maybe even Utica/Albany. It was ended because not enough people were using it. It would pick you up at the local train depot, arrive in Buffalo, then buses to the stadium.

Here's one blurb about it....

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1957&dat=19970628&id=jWBGAAAAIBAJ&sjid=_-cMAAAAIBAJ&pg=4973,6602274

And another....

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/stories/1997/06/23/daily19.html

Best I can figure out, is it ended around after the 2004 season.

Just curious, do you mean worth as in cost to build? I really think when a new stadium is built, it should be similar to the Lions, Colts, and Texans stadiums. Looking at their costs to build, they were all under $1B.

Ford Field - opened 2002 - Cost $430M ($564M adjusted to 2014)

Lucas Oil Stadium - opened 2008 - Cost $720M ($789M adjusted)

NRG Stadium - opened 2002 - Cost $352M ($462M adjusted)