Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

If you are a serious bidder, you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. That means you can't talk about it at all. Talk about it and they won't send the full books and you are basically out of the running. That's why the vague statement and no mention of any bid or their plans.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statement made today by Mike Gilbert of the Sabres....

“Terry and Kim Pegula have a deep commitment to Buffalo and Western New York. Their ownership of the Buffalo Sabres and Rochester Americans and the construction of HARBORCENTER are evidence of that fact. Like everyone else in this community, they have a strong desire to have the Buffalo Bills remain a centerpiece of this region. Accordingly, they have been following the developments involving the sale of the Bills. However, out of respect for the process being conducted by representatives of the Wilson Estate and the Bills, they will not be making any additional comments about the sale process.”

Very slick on the part of El Pegual. Get your Sabres PR guy to issue a statement that the Wilson Estate is bound to read. He takes the high road by saying he doesn't want to interrupt the Wilson Estate in their work...the dedication to Buffalo and intent to keep the Bills local has to be worth a discount of $100 Million or so. Nice work. :thumbsup:

Very slick on the part of El Pegual. Get your Sabres PR guy to issue a statement that the Wilson Estate is bound to read. He takes the high road by saying he doesn't want to interrupt the Wilson Estate in their work...the dedication to Buffalo and intent to keep the Bills local has to be worth a discount of $100 Million or so. Nice work. :thumbsup:

Not if it was $100 million out of my pocket. But I am cheap ;)

What price is there (if any) to preserving their Patriarch's legacy and their family being viewed by an entire region as "family". The Wilsons would be honored any time they came to town, and I will be willing to bet we will see a street named after RW and a statue once we know where the Bills will be playing long term.