Hillary's Campaign Kickoff

IMAGINE IT? I’VE LIVED THROUGH IT.

Hillary: Can you imagine electing a vindictive man who might … send the IRS after his critics?

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/07/13/hillary-can-you-imagine-electing-a-vindictive-man-who-might-send-the-irs-after-his-critics/

The difference is that if President Trump tried to do that, the civil service would bravely resist. Under Obama — and under Hillary, I suspect — it’s all eager cooperation.

One has lied to the American people while holding public office and the other has not. There is a vast difference.

Woooooooooooooooow your conditions are getting real attenuated to make this distinction. It's not enough that Donald Trump has lied, or that he has lied to the American public. He has to have done both those things while also holding public office for it to be credible and to meet your threshold of significance. No matter that he has lied to the American public while endeavoring to seek public office. That's not "scummy" enough. And I won't get into the lies. They're well documented during this campaign. And that's to say nothing of the crap that he has done pre-campaign. He has basically lied, and cheated, and bilked, and swindled, and repudiated, and stolen, and pillaged his way through life.

And if anything, I'm probably understating things.

So no, I don't see much difference if any at all.

And I also have a fundamental problem trying to value and devalue lies. When you're arguing about which person's lies are the best or at least the least significant, you have two crap candidates, party notwithstanding, and you should probably go back to the drawing board or abstain from politics for a cycle.

The people around here just seem to dislike Hillary and are putting their facts together to justify that dislike for her after the fact. Because any principled dislike for Hillary, because of her well documented lack of fidelity with the truth, can't also come with any earnest and sincere support for Donald Trump.

That would require the worst type of logical assymetry.

I would love to read Doc or bman square that incongruity for me. I'll save you the suspense, they can't. Good dudes both of them but they really can't. Because Trump and Clinton are the same scummy type of people/politician. Both of their scummy histories belie any objective, non-partisan effort to extricate them.

But I'd like to see someone, anyone try ...

Otherwise, slamming Hillary for being scummy and lying and then trumpeting Trump seems hypocritical to the umpteenth degree.

Read about Trumps mentor, the late Roy Cohn. Google his and Trumps name. I think he even screwed him over. But seriously, a really enlightening read if you want to understand a guy like him.

Edited by Juror#8

Woooooooooooooooow your conditions are getting real attenuated to make this distinction. It's not enough that Donald Trump has lied, or that he has lied to the American public. He has to have done both those things while also holding public office for it to be credible and to meet your threshold of significance. No matter that he has lied to the American public while endeavoring to seek public office. That's not "scummy" enough. And I won't get into the lies. They're well documented during this campaign. And that's to say nothing of the crap that he has done pre-campaign. He has basically lied, and cheated, and bilked, and swindled, and repudiated, and stolen, and pillaged his way through life.

And I also have a fundamental problem trying to value and devalue lies. When you're arguing about which person's lies are the best or at least the least significant, you have two crap candidates, party notwithstanding, and you should probably go back to the drawing board or abstain from politics for a cycle.

The people around here just seem to dislike Hillary and are putting their facts together to justify that dislike for her after the fact. Because any principled dislike for Hillary, because of her well documented lack of fidelity with the truth, can't also come with any earnest and sincere support for Donald Trump.

I would love to read Doc or bman square that incongruity for me. I'll save you the suspense, they can't. Good dudes both of them but they really can't. Because Trump and Clinton are the same scummy type of people/politician. Both of their scummy histories belie any objective, non-partisan effort to extricate them.

Otherwise, slamming Hillary for being scummy and lying and then trumpeting Trump seems hypocritical to the umpteenth degree.

Read about Trumps mentor, the late Roy Cohn. Google his and Trumps name. I think he even screwed him over. But seriously, a really enlightening read if you want to understand a guy like him.

The only one who trumpets Trump or has earnest/sincere support around here is 1billsfan. Are we reading the same message board?

Don't leave out BuffaloBillsForever.

And Ozy

That still is 3 posters who account for .01% of the posts on PPP in my estimation.

I find there's a lot of "yelling at the clouds" in regards to the anti-Trump crowd.

Sooooooo.....that works both way, right? The entire left wing establishment & media & every idiot Facebook poster are also hypocritical dooshbags for hysterically slamming Trump at every turn while completely ignoring Hillary's corruption and lying. I just want to make sure I get it straight, because I'm pretty sure I still see at least 10X more Trump bashing in the world than I do Hillary bashing.

I mean really, how big an orgasm would the NY Times and John Oliver and the Daily Show and CNN and every speaker at the DNC be having if it was the Republicans who were caught red handed completely rigging their entire primary process??

I find there's a lot of "yelling at the clouds" in regards to the anti-Trump crowd.

I genuinely don't give a **** what anyone thinks about my anti-Trump yelling. He's a buffoon, and so are the chucklemunchers who support him, of which there are plenty, this message board notwithstanding.

One has lied to the American people while holding public office and the other has not. There is a vast difference.

That still is 3 posters who account for .01% of the posts on PPP in my estimation.

MVP MVP MVP

post-15917-0-39886000-1469640438_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Sooooooo.....that works both way, right? The entire left wing establishment & media & every idiot Facebook poster are also hypocritical dooshbags for hysterically slamming Trump at every turn while completely ignoring Hillary's corruption and lying. I just want to make sure I get it straight, because I'm pretty sure I still see at least 10X more Trump bashing in the world than I do Hillary bashing.

I mean really, how big an orgasm would the NY Times and John Oliver and the Daily Show and CNN and every speaker at the DNC be having if it was the Republicans who were caught red handed completely rigging their entire primary process??

This is 100% correct. It goes both ways.

But on this board, the predominant venom is spewed towards Clinton and *many* of those same folks give Trump a pass for fundamentally the same behavior that Clinton is lambasted for.

Edited by Juror#8

But on this board, the predominant venom is spewed towards Clinton and *many* of those same folks give Trump a pass for fundamentally the same behavior that Clinton is lambasted for.

Michelle Obamas speech has you turnt up ? Edited by Ryan L Billz

:blink:

Perhaps you should visit the Trump Alone at The Top Thread that Gene started some time ago.

So mothers of shooting victims who are talking about the deaths of their sons in what is a racially charged environment that they feel Hillary Clinton can assuage is the same as having families of victims do nothing but affirmatively attack the other nominee for what they perceive, from their civilian vantage point, as a foreign policy blunder?

That parallel is exact?

Was Trump's name even mentioned in that entire 13 minutes that the mothersmovement were speaking? I didn't listen to the entire thing so I wouldn't know. But the few minutes I did hear, it sounded like testimony and enveloping a support note for Hillary. I didn't hear anything in the way of attack.

But hold on, they're the same such that one tweeter's mention of both demonstrates a categorical media bias?

Well !@#$ context, I guess.

Wow, some people would just feel better if the idea of "nuance" just didn't exist.

And the people who keep calling Hillary a liar, are they just saying that kind of like "in addition to Donald Trump being a liar and swindler" or do they just emphasize her because she's been below board in a public capacity? Just wondering because anyone here that has the audacity to call Hillary dishonest but Trump honest and square-dealing, I will gladly come to wherever you are and call you a fucccccing intellectually challenged dolt to your face and then buy you any size coffee you want as charity to show compassion for your profound levels of immutable fucccing stupidity.

Any takers? Let's compare honesty levels ... Anyone prepared to make the case for Trump's honesty vis a vis Hillary? Everything on the table. All the facts, rumors, and all the dirt. Compare and contrast. Someone is going to be exposed as either exceedingly stupid or so bone-headedly partisan that they can't see straight.

I read the first two sentences. How will Hillary do what Bill or Obama did? One of them was a black president. And he did nothing. What can she do?

Interesting because Trump seems to be where he is at this point in spite of the Republican Party hating him and in spite of the media throwing barstools in his path. On the other hand Clinton has her party actively rigging the system for her and has the press propping her up at every turn. I'm more pissed at the unevenness of their treatment and tend to take it out on the liar who lied and stole both when she was a private citizen and when she was a public servant. Maybe I like the underdog liar/crook better?

BILL CLINTONS SPEECH: A WASTED OPPORTUNITY.

Oh, and lets return to the fact that Bill needed to humanize Hillary Clinton. The woman has been in public life for three decades and the highest best use of her former president husband is to spend an entire convention speech trying to convince voters that she's human.

From Sean Davis:

Romney:Russia is a threat

DNC: lol, ur stupid

IT experts: Russia will hack you

DNC: ROFL

Russia: I just hacked you

DNC: Trump did this!

I don't know that anyone here (save one or two) give Trump a pass as much as we just ignore him.

Plus...it's understood Trump's a garden slug. But there's a consistent practice in the media of beatifying Hillary, which is the hypocrisy that really galls most of us.