World Cup Thread

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Brazilians (and Italians) are drama queens but they can play the game.

To borrow from other sports, the Brazilians are like a team of Terrell Owens's and Danny Ainge's. They are annoying as all F%^& but they are really good.

There are plenty of Brazilians i have tons of respect for. Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Emerson, Maicon, Julio Cesar, etc but I have zero for him.

This has to be the weakest attack I've ever seen Brazil field but strongest defense.

That has to be the most BS !@#$ing PK i've ever seen.

Brazil overrated, Croatia always underrated going into world cups. BS penalty kick in favour of Brazil and a scoring opportunity/goal taken away from Croatia and you get your final score. Brazil even got lucky on their penalty kick in which the goalkeeper read correctly.

Looks like this Neymar guy might have some game. And you all doubted him. For shame meazza and magox.

Not a stellar game IMO on his behalf. I give credit to him on his 1st goal (stellar touch), but he got a gift wrapped penalty kick in which he got lucky even scoring on. I don't buy the hype on him or Brazil just yet.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Good game to kick everything off. God, I love the World Cup.

Agree that the penalty call was shite. But the Oscar goal made the result feel a little fairer. Plus Oscar was a maniac the whole game. He worked his tail off and deserved that beautiful goal.

Fasten your seat belts. It is going to be a great month.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench

Poor showing by Brazil. But now they will stroll through the remainder of the group stage and maybe they will come together more. Neymar was not much of a factor. Struck a poor shot on the goal and PK was not great and should have been saved. Croatia played well enough to win.

Spain Netherlands today will be fantastic.

Who else is getting a tramp stamp USA flag if USA wins the World Cup? ha

I'm in!

Did I hear the announcers correct? The USA team plays on this same field next week. If so, they're gonna have to undertake some serious repairs because it's getting torn up.

Yup, same field for USA on Monday.

Cameroon had a few nice opportunities in that game. The wingers crossing passes were a bit "overkicked" (a la EJ throwing fade passes). Otherwise, they played well.

Yeah, Mexico was by far the better team, but Cameroon had some good chances.

Horrible officiating once again in the Dutch/Spain game.

Is this the corruption we all heard about prior?

I don't think so. I think it's mainly because for the group stages, they use refs from more countries which aren't up to the standards of the top leagues in Europe. As the knock out games start, it should get better.

I don't think so. I think it's mainly because for the group stages, they use refs from more countries which aren't up to the standards of the top leagues in Europe. As the knock out games start, it should get better.

Automatic instant replay on a called foul for a penalty kick should be mandatory. It makes so much sense. Soccer refs are becoming as incompetent as umpires in baseball.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever